Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I've been speaking to Mr. Kao via email for almost a year now. Although his communication isn't the best and may seem "shady" you gotta understand he doesn't know English and doesn't really know how things are on forums and how to make proper posts with proper information.

I can't speak for the quality of the work, but I can tell you that they are willing to take risks and get $#@! done. They have a built motor AND a built automatic transmission. Their stage 2's seemed to have reached their limits, but this is because they just weren't tuning things right and they ended up moving onto stage 3 before maxing out stage 2. I do see some issues with their stage 3, but only time will tell how it works out.

At the end of the day though, their pricing isn't very competitive when you have people like Vargas in our community now. The quality also is unknown and there's no indication of experience in the field whereas Vargas has been around turbos longer than I have been on this planet.

All in all, lot's of interesting stuff going on and rather than bashing let's push people to push those limits and make $#@! happen Click here to enlarge
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    I've been speaking to Mr. Kao via email for almost a year now. Although his communication isn't the best and may seem "shady" you gotta understand he doesn't know English and doesn't really know how things are on forums and how to make proper posts with proper information.

I can't speak for the quality of the work, but I can tell you that they are willing to take risks and get $#@! done. They have a built motor AND a built automatic transmission. Their stage 2's seemed to have reached their limits, but this is because they just weren't tuning things right and they ended up moving onto stage 3 before maxing out stage 2. I do see some issues with their stage 3, but only time will tell how it works out.

At the end of the day though, their pricing isn't very competitive when you have people like Vargas in our community now. The quality also is unknown and there's no indication of experience in the field whereas Vargas has been around turbos longer than I have been on this planet.

All in all, lot's of interesting stuff going on and rather than bashing let's push people to push those limits and make $#@! happen Click here to enlarge
    This is exactly how I feel Dr. G...Everyone else above wasn't even ready to give him any credit for all the hard work hes put forth which the photos are proof of...

I am not interested for the sake of hope of a production kit or anything...Reason being other companies in the US will beat CS Racing to such a kit...But this horsepower record with or without proper tuning is indeed interesting for the N54...No one cares about the built Auto tranny? Built motor? Tons of interesting info..!

As far as tuning he says he is using Proceed V5 along with the COBB AP for the Stage 3...
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Can't speak to the validity of this, but you see the manifold and you see the turbos on them so its def seems real, they seem to be 18T's or 19T's which honestly are not too much larger then an RB or our stage 2's which are 42 in / 56 ex, an 18T is 45 in / 56 ex, 19T 46 in / 58 ex so an 18T is 3 mm bigger on inducer only and 19T is 4mm bigger inducer 2mm bigger exducer. If the limits of stage 2's are below 600Hp these might get you to 640 but I think you would be nearing the outside of islands of the compressor map and not running at peak compressor efficiency. BUT that being say you can build these turbos for SUPER cheap. What they need to do is just go TD05 20G or TD06 if they really want to stay MHI turbos. I could have done the same and saved a lot of money over the GTX's but I like the newer technology the GTX's bring with ball bearings and GTX compressor design. I am not knocking these guys at all. They are DOING IT before most of us not just talking about it. But 744Hp doesnt seem to be accurate here looking at the dyno saying flywheel power and seeing 640 corrected at the bottom. I also tried to email him a week or 2 ago just to chat and never heard back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    On one of their early YouTube videos, they also listed a nitrous kit as being installed. So that probably contributes to the numbers. But I agree, it's confusing to speak in terms of flywheel HP when we all talk in terms of WHP. It also doesn't help that they are using a dynapack instead of a dynojet which would provide a more relatable result. But their job isn't to satisfy our needs/curiosity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    On one of their early YouTube videos, they also listed a nitrous kit as being installed. So that probably contributes to the numbers. But I agree, it's confusing to speak in terms of flywheel HP when we all talk in terms of WHP. It also doesn't help that they are using a dynapack instead of a dynojet which would provide a more relatable result. But their job isn't to satisfy our needs/curiosity.
    I also saw them talk about nitrous when they first opened the thread on e90 so due to communication yes this might toss the whole 744hp "record" out the door...I told them Dynojet numbers would validate their results versus "our" standard...but like you said I dont think they care much about satisfying our needs/curiosity...

One funny thing he did tell me was that he is scared to move further into production after you released your single turbo kit...He just found out about yor kit recently couple months ago when you did 2 installs in Taiwan and feels he cannot compete with you so its not even worth it to move forward
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    I also saw them talk about nitrous when they first opened the thread on e90 so due to communication yes this might toss the whole 744hp "record" out the door...I told them Dynojet numbers would validate their results versus "our" standard...but like you said I dont think they care much about satisfying our needs/curiosity...

One funny thing he did tell me was that he is scared to move further into production after you released your single turbo kit...He just found out about yor kit recently couple months ago when you did 2 installs in Taiwan and feels he cannot compete with you so its not even worth it to move forward
    This is interesting with the price of turbo parts in taiwan and also the price it would cost to build those MHI turbos vs a buying a 62 for each kit you would think he would be able to make a kit for an attractive price for his market. Assuming he has a lot of N54's over there. Just an observation

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    This is exactly how I feel Dr. G...Everyone else above wasn't even ready to give him any credit for all the hard work hes put forth which the photos are proof of...

I am not interested for the sake of hope of a production kit or anything...Reason being other companies in the US will beat CS Racing to such a kit...But this horsepower record with or without proper tuning is indeed interesting for the N54...No one cares about the built Auto tranny? Built motor? Tons of interesting info..!

As far as tuning he says he is using Proceed V5 along with the COBB AP for the Stage 3...
    Yeah the fact that he has a built motor and built tranny is being overlooked by a lot of people. That kit won't ever make it to north america for various reasons, but the experiences and knowledge obtained from their process could end up helping some of us out.

Heck if they end up blowing something up at least we'll all learn about some of the limits we have when entering the world of "stage 3" turbo kits.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Can't speak to the validity of this, but you see the manifold and you see the turbos on them so its def seems real, they seem to be 18T's or 19T's which honestly are not too much larger then an RB or our stage 2's which are 42 in / 56 ex, an 18T is 45 in / 56 ex, 19T 46 in / 58 ex so an 18T is 3 mm bigger on inducer only and 19T is 4mm bigger inducer 2mm bigger exducer. If the limits of stage 2's are below 600Hp these might get you to 640 but I think you would be nearing the outside of islands of the compressor map and not running at peak compressor efficiency. BUT that being say you can build these turbos for SUPER cheap. What they need to do is just go TD05 20G or TD06 if they really want to stay MHI turbos. I could have done the same and saved a lot of money over the GTX's but I like the newer technology the GTX's bring with ball bearings and GTX compressor design. I am not knocking these guys at all. They are DOING IT before most of us not just talking about it. But 744Hp doesnt seem to be accurate here looking at the dyno saying flywheel power and seeing 640 corrected at the bottom. I also tried to email him a week or 2 ago just to chat and never heard back.
    There's a couple flaws in the design, but there will be some updates soon apparently and we'll see how things pan out. They don't have access to a dynojet last I recall, but they are going to have "race data" soon... not too sure what that means exactly, but let's wait and see. The turbo's are cheap as hell for them especially on their side of the ocean.
    I'm sure everyone is damn happy that you didn't go the cheaper route and plan to use the GTX's.

The member representing the "company/group/shop" whatever you wanna call it isn't very fluent that's probably why you probably never got a response.
    Not sure if you recall who I am from PM, but I mentioned some upgrades I was aware of which weren't out for production yet. I have a feeling the stage 2's CS Racing is using may be from a source to which I had spoken to as well.

I'll try and get some more info

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    The nitrous kit was used with their first turbo setup with the cobb alone and there were a lot of issues with their setup simply because they weren't up to date with the platform.

I asked them about using a dynojet before, but they said there are none nearby that they would have any access too. I'll shoot them over an email and see if they can get some 1/4 mile runs or vbox data or maybe throw a 2-3 stock n54's onto the same dyno to get a feel for how it reads.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@VargasTurboTech Posted just as I was typing haha. They get that stuff VERY cheap over there, but a lot of parts often are custom made or replicated parts that just can't stand up to the punishment.

I know that the main shop in Taiwan that does this kind of work does have a stage 2 avail for the n54 and the pricing is damn good, but there's a good chance CS Racing is playing middle man and needs to take a profit as well.

The problem is with multiple people trying to make profits plus the fact that they are over seas etc... it's impossible for them to enter our market. According to the shops I spoke to that make the downpipes, intercoolers etc... for all of our vendors the n54 market isn't really that large over there.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@ Dr. G
    Next time you chat with him, try and find out what they did to the steptronic Click here to enlarge
    Was it just a rebuild? Did they strengthen something? Parts and where it they came from?
    This would be a great benefit to a lot of us

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Twin TD05s will spool very slow, much worse than the ST, but would definitely provide for some excellent power and still satisfy a smaller group because of that aspect. If it were a cheap bolt on, it could be doable, but it is not. And Twin TD06s? Forget about it... that would be ridiculous (1.5L exhaust per bank spinning a TD06).

Twin TD04HL-19Ts would be a GREAT match for this engine, and yes they are capable of about 700hp at the crank (maybe a tiny bit more if ran to the ragged edge). The problem is you can not put them into the OEM housings and must then go the full kit route. If you must do that, then I agree the GTX turbos are the way to go- of course it is at a hefty premium but hey if you aren't going big you might as well go home.

The 19T compressor has a lot more in it than the 15T. The jump from 10T (stock) to 15T (RB) is nearly the same as 15T to 19T on a power/airflow scale. But the biggest perks are the use of the appropriate housings per what CS Racing is doing here, of course there is a lot of missing data/pics of the kit in complete form so its hard to see exactly what is going on with the final product. And BTW the 19T has a much superior flow map than the 18T as well, pretty much ruling out the idea of using the 18T for anything.

Rob

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Twin TD05s will spool very slow, much worse than the ST, but would definitely provide for some excellent power and still satisfy a smaller group because of that aspect. If it were a cheap bolt on, it could be doable, but it is not. And Twin TD06s? Forget about it... that would be ridiculous (1.5L exhaust per bank spinning a TD06).

Twin TD04HL-19Ts would be a GREAT match for this engine, and yes they are capable of about 700hp at the crank (maybe a tiny bit more if ran to the ragged edge). The problem is you can not put them into the OEM housings and must then go the full kit route. If you must do that, then I agree the GTX turbos are the way to go- of course it is at a hefty premium but hey if you aren't going big you might as well go home.

The 19T compressor has a lot more in it than the 15T. The jump from 10T (stock) to 15T (RB) is nearly the same as 15T to 19T on a power/airflow scale. But the biggest perks are the use of the appropriate housings per what CS Racing is doing here, of course there is a lot of missing data/pics of the kit in complete form so its hard to see exactly what is going on with the final product. And BTW the 19T has a much superior flow map than the 18T as well, pretty much ruling out the idea of using the 18T for anything.

Rob
    I really have no experience with the 19T wheels but I honestly find it very hard to believe from a strictly numbers stand point that a 19T is going to give the same gains over a 15T as the 15T does over stock. The Stock to 15T is 7.4mm increase inducer and 10mm exducer, while the 15T to 19T you gain 4mm inducer and only 2mm on the exducer. Again I really cant speak from experience with these wheels (which means these numbers really dont mean anything, but I am a numbers guy so I figured I would throw them out there) but roughly 1/2 the inducer increase and 1/5 the exducer compared to stock to 15T just doesn't add up in my math for giving the same percentage gains. I also do believe two 19T's would support 700 Crank HP and be a great match for this motor, but as Rob states you would be pushing they really hard. Bottom line is again as Rob stated a 19T will not fit in the stock package and if you are going to go with those they really are about the same size a GTX. So just bite the bullet and spend the extra money to go with what is going to make a better package for everyone. Plus the choices you have in the GTX frame is quite attractive. Ok I'm going to bed. As always, Rob brings excellent information to the table and the numbers I threw up there having no experience with the 19T are just that numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

They posted a video over on E90post.

2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

$#@!in awesome!... That $#@! sounds MEAN! Click here to enlarge

@Sticky, get there ass over here on bimmerboost! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Sick! In a wagon too ha
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Sick! In a wagon too ha
    The fact that it is an E91 made me have that much more respect. I really wish they sold E91 335i's in the states Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And none of you guys are curious why they didn't show the actual dyno graph and instead only showed the bottom numbers, haha.

Come on, the car sounded horrible and you can tell by those welds that it looked like they were using ebay parts. (I know they obviously weren't but this has low budget written all over it.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    And none of you guys are curious why they didn't show the actual dyno graph and instead only showed the bottom numbers, haha.

Come on, the car sounded horrible and you can tell by those welds that it looked like they were using ebay parts. (I know they obviously weren't but this has low budget written all over it.)
    I'm waiting to see more info before i pass judgement, but atleast the video provides some more info. Those welds arent bad, they are using pie cuts to make the bends, which have been used before with great success.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Those welds arent bad, they are using pie cuts to make the bends, which have been used before with great success.
    this.

That car sounded perfectly fine to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuSt4Boost Click here to enlarge
    $#@!in awesome!... That $#@! sounds MEAN! Click here to enlarge

@Sticky , get there ass over here on bimmerboost! lol
    I can't really control them plus people are saying their English is weak. So, we can just watch the videos and look at the pics I guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I can't really control them plus people are saying their English is weak. So, we can just watch the videos and look at the pics I guess.
    engirsh??? NO TurBO NOT ENGRISH..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Y U NO HAVE TOURING TURBO?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If they end up with anything they can actually sell and provide at a decent rate I could try and bring them over here for the bimmerboost crew. I don't speak the same language as them, but we manage to kind of communicate via email one way or another haha.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@sophistkao is already here...i've talked to the guy multiple times through email when he had issues tuning some other set of hybrid turbos through ATR...those turbos (AWD brand he said they were) didn't look like they were up to the job and boosted in a very strange way, needed considerably more wgdc than even stock turbos to hit the same boost levels, probably due to bad turbine/compressor sizing...not sure what happened since then, i guess this stuff?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    If they end up with anything they can actually sell and provide at a decent rate I could try and bring them over here for the bimmerboost crew. I don't speak the same language as them, but we manage to kind of communicate via email one way or another haha.
    That sounds good to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I don't understand is , they have cobbled together with bad welds , cheap Chinese parts on what some have said to be a less than standard dyno A twin turbo manifold with bigger turbos on it , in a e91 AT. We all see the pics and a video spanking a GTR.

I don't even see anything close to this in the states I'd give them $30k for that e91.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast