Close

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ProEFI has an N54 standalone? Do tell...
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    ProEFI has an N54 standalone? Do tell...
    lol, not exactly. I'm sure if they focused their efforts they could knock it out in little time. Seems no one cares to invest R&D into the N54.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    lol, not exactly. I'm sure if they focused their efforts they could knock it out in little time. Seems no one cares to invest R&D into the N54.
    This platform has kicked a lot of tuners/vendors in the teeth when it comes to serious upgrades. Sucks because the motor is ready to make big power….there are just so many other parts that we don’t have solutions to.

I will be shocked if a viable port/direct port solution comes along for the N54 in 2014, hell even in 2015.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok......... Were about $350,000 short on having the DI code. It must be purchased. We have exhausted all resources and I'm personally about 25k$ out matching ProEFI's 25k$. One of 2 things will take place. Either a group of smart people with way too much time on their hands will reverse engineer this or a much larger company will spend the money on code for it. Unfortunately the business decision was made at texas 2k last week that this is currently a loss for all of us. I can't express how disappointed I am about this. Our intentions were certainly not to let anyone down.

At this point I have a very nice well equipt 2008 135i, M package for sale that I have only enjoyed for 3k miles in the last 3 years.

This will be revisited in the future. But for now its time to move on.
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    :O sad day Garth, going to focus on that M3 for now?
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Ok......... Were about $350,000 short on having the DI code. It must be purchased. We have exhausted all resources and I'm personally about 25k$ out matching ProEFI's 25k$. One of 2 things will take place. Either a group of smart people with way too much time on their hands will reverse engineer this or a much larger company will spend the money on code for it. Unfortunately the business decision was made at texas 2k last week that this is currently a loss for all of us. I can't express how disappointed I am about this. Our intentions were certainly not to let anyone down.

At this point I have a very nice well equipt 2008 135i, M package for sale that I have only enjoyed for 3k miles in the last 3 years.

This will be revisited in the future. But for now its time to move on.
    Disappointing but understandable, you guys are in the business of turning a profit, not chasing down six figure whims.
    This fuel system has beat the crap out of everyone who has tried to mess with it outside of normal booster pumps. Intense.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunate that this isn't in the cards right now, but it's a matter of time until the DI code is unlocked and reverse engineered on every mainstream standalone since a lot of the high level cars are moving DI -- Porsche 997.2 + 991 Turbo/Turbo S, Audi R8 V10/Lambo Gallardo V10/presumably the new Huracan, the C7 Corvette, the next gen S55 M3/M4, etc etc.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunate that this isn't in the cards right now, but it's a matter of time until the DI code is unlocked and reverse engineered on every mainstream standalone since a lot of the high level cars are moving DI -- Porsche 997.2 + 991 Turbo/Turbo S, Audi R8 V10/Lambo Gallardo V10/presumably the new Huracan, the C7 Corvette, the next gen S55 M3/M4, etc etc.
    There are going to be significant differences among those platforms and the Huracan has direct and port injection so vastly different from this.

The sophistication in an ECU also will wildly differ between those. Pectel does have an N54 capable standalone but it's something like $12k or more. There's a reason why nobody but pro teams are trying it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The sophistication in an ECU also will wildly differ between those. Pectel does have an N54 capable standalone but it's something like $12k or more. There's a reason why nobody but pro teams are trying it.
    Only natural that getting a standalone to work with the BMW DME would be at least two times more difficult then any other car. 12k is a tough sale (pretty sure Motec has something, price was prob the same ballpark), but it would be nice if someone reverse engineered that and got a very solid tuning platform & potentially a fueling solution.

Just food for thought (and the people who read through the Alpha 20 GTR threads might of noticed this), but that setup runs off a crank driven fuel pump. Any chance something like that could be adapted to the N54? Assuming that might be crossing the light from street to full-fledged race car.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are going to be significant differences among those platforms and the Huracan has direct and port injection so vastly different from this.

Nobody has a DI solution for a street car. We can make this work identical to Motec and Pectel. Its functional..... Kinda..... Not Really...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nobody has a DI solution for a street car. We can make this work identical to Motec and Pectel. Its functional..... Kinda..... Not Really...
    Does that mean using a Motec solutions such as this is only good for a stripped out race car running another dash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Does that mean using a Motec solutions such as this is only good for a stripped out race car running another dash?
    That solution is fine for a race car but not a street car...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got that, I was asking why?
    Is it because none of the other systems in the car will work?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More than likely requires LOTS of extra coding if you want to keep the OEM features happy (Comfort Access, NAV, Gauges, etc etc).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a matter of getting the factory electronics to all play nice. If you're ditching everything including the dash it's not a big deal. But for a street car it wouldn't work and that is why you see most approaches utilize the factory DME.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We haven't seen it running as a standalone on the N54.
    I've heard something to the effect that it ran on port injection only, but that was triple grape vine status.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a matter of getting the factory electronics to all play nice. If you're ditching everything including the dash it's not a big deal. But for a street car it wouldn't work and that is why you see most approaches utilize the factory DME.
    Cool, that is what I assumed, I was just asking Undercover to confirm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would it be functional as a supplemental PI only injector driver on a street car? I know you were trying to control the DI, but what about just supplementing only? N20 control possible? I know a lot of the coolness of the ProEFI is lost by neutering it, but this is still something that some people want which is not solved.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Would it be functional as a supplemental PI only injector driver on a street car? I know you were trying to control the DI, but what about just supplementing only? N20 control possible? I know a lot of the coolness of the ProEFI is lost by neutering it, but this is still something that some people want which is not solved.
    Didn't they build a PI manifold and had the entire car wired up. Why they didn't try the PI?

What is undercover doing with the manifold now? Hell give it to Terry to play with. If he can make it work now you have a product to sell, make back some of your money on this project.
    Last edited by Torgus; 03-25-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I know Garth knows, but i don't think Jason at ProEFI realizes how many Pro128 ecu's he would sell if he designed a harness for the N54 weather it is PI or if he takes the time to decode the DI. Im sure a lot of people would run PI if they could have the benefits of a ProEFI. ProEFI+N54 would be unreal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Decoding the DI will happen. Just probably not by ProEFI. The technology will become readily available in the future. Its where we are heading. Just everyone pray it happens before we are all driving electric golf carts to work.

The manifold has been sold to another vendor here on the board that is doing some really cool things for the platform. I have decided to step back and instead of being a competitor to the other vendors, I will be supporting and working with them. We will continue to offer tuning services on all available software for the n54/55 and upgrades, maintenance and repair.

There are plenty of cars out there for everyone to make a living off of.

Running PI is not an issue. I'm very tempted to do a e30 with a n54 swap and big ass turboClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Only natural that getting a standalone to work with the BMW DME would be at least two times more difficult then any other car. 12k is a tough sale (pretty sure Motec has something, price was prob the same ballpark), but it would be nice if someone reverse engineered that and got a very solid tuning platform & potentially a fueling solution.

Just food for thought (and the people who read through the Alpha 20 GTR threads might of noticed this), but that setup runs off a crank driven fuel pump. Any chance something like that could be adapted to the N54? Assuming that might be crossing the light from street to full-fledged race car.
    Our HPFP pump is ran mechanically as well, I think almost all HPFP's are actually, would be too hard to run electrically
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with supplemental PI, I don't see why that would be so complicated? Why can't the JB4 control it? Or even a dedicated box by BMS or anyone for that matter to control AFR's?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Why can't the JB4 control it?
    It doesn't have anywhere near that kind of capability. It isn't an ECU.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with supplemental PI, I don't see why that would be so complicated? Why can't the JB4 control it? Or even a dedicated box by BMS or anyone for that matter to control AFR's?
    Maybe you could set it up to batch fire supplemental injectors or something. But as a standalone fuel manager, a piggyback like that is nowhere near capable enough. Just not meant for it. But that would be sweet.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    Click here to enlarge

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast