Close

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    BTW -- I applaud you for putting the customer first & handling the situation with Njz like a quality business person when you found out it wasn't working on his car. I never understood the cynicism on the forums, but why would ANY ONE want to see a tuner or vendor fail? Anytime some one succeeds (new turbos, tuning strategies, fueling developments, etc), EVERYONE benefits.
    You have a tendency of jumping on people based on what you read on forums. You have posted information which is your opinion as if it is fact regarding my car and now are doing the same here.

Not only one person is running this upgrade. That doesn't change the fact the N54 does have fuel issues that need to be addressed. At least you admit your detective work is based on what you have read on the internet and not real world experience. A lot isn't on the forums.

Regardless, your tone is unnecessarily combative and negative. It's not like anyone actually has the N54 completely figured out so let's not bash those that are trying to help it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're talking about the Vargas fueling system upgrade that's only worked on that shop car? Because Undercover installed one on @Njz 's car and it never worked as advertised: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Numbers-Coming
    I thought it was found it works poorly with stock housigs as the upgrade doesn't add much flow in the midrange.. But top end setups it's perfect for?

sounds like working as advertized to me?

I sent an email to hpfpupgrade and they said theyre canning the s1 upgrade and going straight to s2 as the s1 doesn't work well enough lol
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    I thought it was found it works poorly with stock housigs as the upgrade doesn't add much flow in the midrange.. But top end setups it's perfect for?

I sent an email to hpfpupgrade and they said theyre canning the s1 upgrade and going straight to s2 as the s1 doesn't work well enough lol
    I think that the place the HPFP upgrade shines is up top. Not many people are really hitting that wall with rb turbos and stock frames as they run out of breath. I think using E85 would shine better light in this area, as well as a big single or big twins.

In regard to your last statement, I have this feeling that they may want to 'skip to stage 3' for a similar reason.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I think that the place the HPFP upgrade shines is up top. Not many people are really hitting that wall with rb turbos and stock frames as they run out of breath. I think using E85 would shine better light in this area, as well as a big single or big twins.

In regard to your last statement, I have this feeling that they may want to 'skip to stage 3' for a similar reason.
    but E85 + RB still struggles right?

at least '100%' E85, which is what many people would love to be able to use (without meth)?

yeah, i'm thinking that too. we'll see i'm sure.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The upgrade (going off Njz's) experience, wasn't able to run 100% E85 on stock turbos with no meth, meaning RB/Stage 2s are going to have the same leaning out problems.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The upgrade (going off Njz's) experience, wasn't able to run 100% E85 on stock turbos with no meth, meaning RB/Stage 2s are going to have the same leaning out problems.
    100% E85 on RBs would be nice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but E85 + RB still struggles right?
    Because of the mid range problem, I assume. E85+RB's may still strain the system in the midrange too much.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    100% E85 on RBs would be nice
    A reliable, 100% E85 fueling system kit for the N54 would be nice...

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmm could have been a really bad pump, as you see stockers running 100% E85 no meth with the standard pump sometimes?

A reliable, 100% E85 fueling system kit for the N54 would be nice...
    preferably for <$2k all up hah.

will keep dreaming...
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1
    Maxed out stock turbos with E85 only is too much for the HPFP in the mid range. We would need to have a real HPFP upgrade that would increase the flow where it is needed for the stock frame turbos. We need more flow in the mid range. However, a piston upgrade is not easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmm could have been a really bad pump, as you see stockers running 100% E85 no meth with the standard pump sometimes?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    +1 Maxed out stock turbos with E85 only is too much for the HPFP in the mid range. We would need to have a real HPFP upgrade that would increase the flow where it is needed for the stock frame turbos. We need more flow in the mid range. However, a piston upgrade is not easy.
    It seems like a few people can get away with 100% E85 on stock turbos with just the LPFP upgrade (myself included), but I promise you I log the $#@! out of the car while it's in that setup, making sure that everything (specifically the fueling) is running in check.

I would love to have a complete fueling system that wasn't forcing more than 80% duty cycle while running 100% E85 just for piece of mind, knowing that I'm not even close to maxing trims & if the DME needed to add fuel, the fueling system can support that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    We have the intake. We've had it. Contact Garth!
    Does it flow better than the stock IM? If so any numbers comparing them?

How much does it cost without the injectors?

What is the lead time on the IM?

Pictures of Manifold?

Has the manifold ever worked on the car and if so did you put down anything worth talking about? Any logs?

At least you could start selling the IM and making $$$. Should be easy enough to control the injectors without proefi I would think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Its probably not a priority for them to get PROefi up and running yet, but it will provide a lot of benefits when they do. Built motor, big turbo setups will not exist until a standalone solution exists. It provides the flexibility we need to REALLY control the motor.

No one will be able making 700whp with just a Bimmerboost flash. Protuning Freaks has done it with Cobb, but people are forgetting that Cobb has done A LOT to overcome barriers that will prevent other flash tunes from pushing big power.

Its a major priority. I want my car back lol. It seems like were always close and something holds us up. But for once were not abandoning the community like others have. There are no promises made here that we aren't following through with. Its just a finicky platform and although its been an uphill battle its still in the works. Hopefully we have this inj flow issue nailed.
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Does it flow better than the stock IM? If so any numbers comparing them?

How much does it cost without the injectors?

What is the lead time on the IM?

Intake takes a couple days to make. Its not cheap. To really gain flow you would need to port match the cyl head. My only reservation to selling the manifold to the public is the gasket. We have not had a cnc flange cut. Therefor I made my gasket by hand. I would not sell it like this unless its going to a shop or fabricator that could insure seamless installation. Please contact me via email, undercovertuning@me.com

Pictures of Manifold?

Has the manifold ever worked on the car and if so did you put down anything worth talking about? Any logs?

At least you could start selling the IM and making $$$. Should be easy enough to control the injectors without proefi I would think.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    undercovertuning@me.com

For all questions regarding IM
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    undercovertuning@me.com

For all questions regarding IM

I'm glad to hear this. If you can keep DI working along with PI or DI in part throttle situations, something like this, then I would actually consider looking deeper into the ProEFI. People can get away with the stock DME, but there are a lot of other reasons to go with ProEFI.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the info. I am not currently fuel limited but I know others are. It sounds like this could be a solution to the fueling problems on this platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Its a major priority. I want my car back lol. It seems like were always close and something holds us up. But for once were not abandoning the community like others have. There are no promises made here that we aren't following through with. Its just a finicky platform and although its been an uphill battle its still in the works. Hopefully we have this inj flow issue nailed.
    this is what makes me believe it'll eventually work haha

the fact you have a car you're still paying for held up getting it to work Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did this car ever get finished or did the project die
    09 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hellraiserharris Click here to enlarge
    Did this car ever get finished or did the project die
    Read the thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Read the thread.
    Great response, Sticky. I read the whole tread. The last thing th op said is he wanted is car back. He never said it was completed. Why don't you read the thread.
    09 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hellraiserharris Click here to enlarge
    Great response, Sticky. I read the whole tread. The last thing th op said is he wanted is car back. He never said it was completed. Why don't you read the thread.
    Click here to enlarge two pages back....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    We are planning a trip to Arizona within the next couple of months, Jason at ProEFI has been in California.. Now that he is back.. he is literally working on it as we speak... we have run into the problem that a lot of injectors have been fried. At this point it's out of our hands, we can't help what ProEFI can and cant do...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you got your answer by reading the thread, excellent. Try that again in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge two pages back....
    He didn't say he read it well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol Arizona trip .:coming in November:.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast