Close

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Bump @undercoverangie @undercover, any progress made on the intake manifold? Some guys might be interested in doing a direct port setup Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Bump @undercoverangie @undercover, any progress made on the intake manifold? Some guys might be interested in doing a direct port setup Click here to enlarge

Isn't it odd how Angie used to post often on here and then stopped. Geeze I wonder why...

I can only assume they still haven't been able to get PROEFI working correctly on this platform.

Also I don't see why anyone would pay what they are asking for the product when you can flash tune and get over 700whp with a $150 BT cable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Isn't it odd how Angie used to post often on here and then stopped. Geeze I wonder why...

I can only assume they still haven't been able to get PROEFI working correctly on this platform.

Also I don't see why anyone would pay what they are asking for the product when you can flash tune and get over 700whp with a $150 BT cable.
    Its probably not a priority for them to get PROefi up and running yet, but it will provide a lot of benefits when they do. Built motor, big turbo setups will not exist until a standalone solution exists. It provides the flexibility we need to REALLY control the motor.

No one will be able making 700whp with just a Bimmerboost flash. Protuning Freaks has done it with Cobb, but people are forgetting that Cobb has done A LOT to overcome barriers that will prevent other flash tunes from pushing big power.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Good luck with that
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Good luck with that
    So you will only pro tune on a cobb? I thought PTF would protune anything? Why can't you do what you did with a cobb with the BT cable? You are modifing the same tables no?

Even if you will only tune it on a cobb a used cobb is what $500? Hell of alot cheaper than PROEFI.

No one will be able making 700whp with just a Bimmerboost flash. Protuning Freaks has done it with Cobb, but people are forgetting that Cobb has done A LOT to overcome barriers that will prevent other flash tunes from pushing big power.
    From reading on here in tony's thread about the TTs it sounded like Dzenno figured out how to get around the barriers in around a weeks time...
    Last edited by Torgus; 08-30-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

So you will only pro tune on a cobb? I thought PTF would protune anything?
    We'll protune on any capable tuning solution. BB OS flash is a capable DME read/write solution but not a tuning platform which needs quite a bit more. Once it matures and meets those basic tuning requirements we'll tune with it. Not having datalogging, ability to see all 6 cylinders timing corrections, MAF and various setpoints as well as some additional channels that Cobb currently has in their datalogging really puts a hamper on any custom tuning with the OS flash for us as of right now and those are just some things we use on a daily basis. It'd be nice to know what's going on on the OS flash dev front as it seems to be have slowed down since read/write was enabled. It'd also be nice to know when sources will be made available.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-30-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

From reading on here in tony's thread about the TTs it sounded like Dzenno figured out how to get around the barriers in around a weeks time...
    There is an 18.5 psi limit in the DME. Cobb developed code that got past that. Open Source flashes do not have this, so no one will be boosting more than 18.5 psi until others figure out how Cobb did it. You're talking custom code for the DME, which is a front not many people have explored.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well she also got engaged they're probably busy with real life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

There is an 18.5 psi limit in the DME. Cobb developed code that got past that. Open Source flashes do not have this, so no one will be boosting more than 18.5 psi until others figure out how Cobb did it. You're talking custom code for the DME, which is a front not many people have explored.
    Couldn't you somehow fool the DME into thinking it's at 18.5 psi when it is really at 27psi? Like a scalar after 10psi that goes into effect or something?

Also in that thread didn't terry come up with a hardware way to get over 18.5 or am I not remembering correctly?

Either way my point remains the same. You can get over 700whp on a flash and I assume 800whp is no different as long as the hardware allows it.

edit: Have we reached or can we see a limit where flash tuning will not be sufficient and we will have to go with a full stand alone ala PROEFI @Dzenno@PTF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I would say it has more to do with the vast amount builds going on, both at ProEFI and Undercover.. if you ever stop in you will see that they arent just a slap on exhaust and flash a tune and your on your way kinda shop that the N54 community is used to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    uhhh hi.. can I have my thread back?... thanks...

Yes busy with real life Garth and I did recently get engaged but on top of that...... we moved shops... yes... again lol..

We purchased a Mustang AWD dyno that pretty much came with a building = less overhead for us....

We are planning a trip to Arizona within the next couple of months, Jason at ProEFI has been in California.. Now that he is back.. he is literally working on it as we speak... we have run into the problem that a lot of injectors have been fried. At this point it's out of our hands, we can't help what ProEFI can and cant do...

Also... BTW.. we would ALL LOVE TO SEE 700WHP.. can you please show us what kind of fuel system you have... must be something out there that we haven't heard of.....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge

Yes busy with real life Garth and I did recently get engaged but on top of that...... we moved shops... yes... again lol..

We purchased a Mustang AWD dyno that pretty much came with a building = less overhead for us....

We are planning a trip to Arizona within the next couple of months, Jason at ProEFI has been in California.. Now that he is back.. he is literally working on it as we speak... we have run into the problem that a lot of injectors have been fried. At this point it's out of our hands, we can't help what ProEFI can and cant do...

Also... BTW.. we would ALL LOVE TO SEE 700WHP.. can you please show us what kind of fuel system you have... must be something out there that we haven't heard of.....

... Ahem, about that intake manifold Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge

Vargas HPFP Fuelpump and rail upgrade combined with a LPFP upgrade.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

... Ahem, about that intake manifold Click here to enlarge
    We have the intake. We've had it. Contact Garth!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Vargas HPFP Fuelpump and rail upgrade combined with a LPFP upgrade.
    what fuel was used.. and was it supplemented with methanol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...une-COBB-Flash

Is the manifold available for sale?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Good luck with that
    what do you mean?

you didn't get 725whp on VTT3 with a flash only?

ED: oh you mean not yet on the BBflash, nvm
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...F-COBB-Protune

E85, or even more time spent tuning it well for pump.. easy

700+ was hit on race fuel (with headroom) without meth.

the vargas HPFP should be able to do the 700 on E85 too, as it frees more flow in the top end.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

sucks to hear they keep frying injectors... i hope it's not too big a task for them to finish >_<
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

FLinchy your local, stop by and see for yourself

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    FLinchy your local, stop by and see for yourself
    what?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...F-COBB-Protune

E85, or even more time spent tuning it well for pump.. easy

700+ was hit on race fuel (with headroom) without meth.

the vargas HPFP should be able to do the 700 on E85 too, as it frees more flow in the top end.
    You're talking about the Vargas fueling system upgrade that's only worked on that shop car? Because Undercover installed one on @Njz 's car and it never worked as advertised: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Numbers-Coming
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You're talking about the Vargas fueling system upgrade that's only worked on that shop car? Because Undercover installed one on @Njz 's car and it never worked as advertised: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Numbers-Coming
    One person has an issue and it doesn't work? Makes sense, focus on the one that had issues, but the other 10 out there with no problems, lets ignore them. That's some solid detective work. With the proper lpfp system in place and proper flash for fuel the modifications done to the HPFS make it possible to see those numbers, what you think it's a coincidence none of the ST kits can make more then 650 WHP with 4 meth nozzles til we announce what we are upgrading on the forums, then all of a sudden theyt can make 700 without meth. Hmmmmm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    One person has an issue and it doesn't work? Makes sense, focus on the one that had issues, but the other 10 out there with no problems, lets ignore them.
    So where / who are these other 10 cars without any issues? My "detective" work is going off what's been posted on the internet, and I find it a bit suspect that someone would buy a fueling upgrade (that would really increase the motor's capabilities & performance potential) and then not post a review/supporting data thread.

Click here to enlarge

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    BTW -- I applaud you for putting the customer first & handling the situation with Njz like a quality business person when you found out it wasn't working on his car. I never understood the cynicism on the forums, but why would ANY ONE want to see a tuner or vendor fail? Anytime some one succeeds (new turbos, tuning strategies, fueling developments, etc), EVERYONE benefits.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast