Close

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    correct
    I win the internets!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOVE the features but that price ... Click here to enlarge dont u guys feel thats just been priced wrong given where the n54 market is right now?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    LOVE the features but that price ... Click here to enlarge dont u guys feel thats just been priced wrong given where the n54 market is right now?
    I do. The cost of hardware + install + tune is $6400. It is getting close to the cost of stage 3s which can be tuned with a cobb...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    there is not much we can do about the price it all has to do with how much the plugs are and labor time to make the harness.. example is my genny, a plug and play harness for the 128 box for the genny is $1,500 thats JUST the harness... we need to cover the cost of what is takes to make the harness... it's ultimately out of our control at this point. We have been looking at outside sources to get the plugs/connectors from an outside company but we want quality parts.

ED: that's a $1,500 harness for a $25,000 car... stop you $#@!ing lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I do. The cost of hardware + install + tune is $6400. It is getting close to the cost of stage 3s which can be tuned with a cobb...
    Good luck with that lol...

Still going to run out of fuel and have no way to get more...

And still have stock computer with little control as well...

-__-
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Good luck with that lol...

Still going to run out of fuel and have no way to get more...

And still have stock computer with little control as well...

-__-
    They are confident they can run 100% E85 on the stage 3 with the Vargas upgraded HPFP unless I am not recalling correctly. Not sure why they need any more fuel, and if they do for say the largest turbo option there is always the Meth band aid. If you are putting down 800+ you probably want to run meth for IAT suppression anyways.

Honestly 6400 is 1/4 the value of many N54s if not approaching half.

What is your target market?

edit: Have you looked at other suppliers for your harness? Wire houses should be able to crank them out pretty cheap...
    Last edited by Torgus; 04-25-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You've come a long way. Nice.

What's your main value proposition? Is the stock computer lacking in some areas?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The cost of doing something like this is quite high, so the price is right. Let's see the demand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

If people want something more "affordable", you can easily pick up the phone and call AEM or Haltech Click here to enlarge Perhaps ~$6.5k sounds overpriced to a lot of us who already have tunes that are performing like we'd want, but someone who's looking to just get into the N54 scene, this is great. Used cars for under $20k + a standalone ECM that offers full Flex Fuel and any turbo combination you want for $6.5k. For ~$35k (That's a car, ProEFI, Performance/Suspension/LSD Bolt-ons & Turbo Upgrade) you can have a 700 WHP+ car thats putting down a ton of non-laggy power & is still super refined with the ride quality and interior.

The standalone isn't for everyone, and if you can do it with the currently available options, then don't switch. BUT if you really want all the extra options and features & you want the fastest N54, then save your pennies + call up Undercover.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If people want something more "affordable", you can easily pick up the phone and call AEM or Haltech Click here to enlarge Perhaps ~$6.5k sounds overpriced to a lot of us who already have tunes that are performing like we'd want, but someone who's looking to just get into the N54 scene, this is great. Used cars for under $20k + a standalone ECM that offers full Flex Fuel and any turbo combination you want for $6.5k. For ~$35k (That's a car, ProEFI, Performance/Suspension/LSD Bolt-ons & Turbo Upgrade) you can have a 700 WHP+ car thats putting down a ton of non-laggy power & is still super refined with the ride quality and interior.

The standalone isn't for everyone, and if you can do it with the currently available options, then don't switch. BUT if you really want all the extra options and features & you want the fastest N54, then save your pennies + call up Undercover.
    Good points I think you still need the HPFP upgrades too though obviously.

Flex fuel is a great advantage but this setup isn't going to be for everyone. People balking at the price already shows the market for the N54.

But... guys doing Stage 3+ turbo setups and custom turbo setups are more the people who want to go for this not the guy agonizing over Procede or JB4.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

The Pro-Efi benefits will come into play once they see it in action. making power is one thing, optimizing how that power is delivered and used is completely different Click here to enlarge
    transmission control/convertor lock-up/rpm increase/boost-by-gear/anti-lag/meth control/DI/control/true flex fuel monitoring etc..
    Last edited by LostMarine; 04-25-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    They are confident they can run 100% E85 on the stage 3 with the Vargas upgraded HPFP unless I am not recalling correctly. Not sure why they need any more fuel, and if they do for say the largest turbo option there is always the Meth band aid. If you are putting down 800+ you probably want to run meth for IAT suppression anyways.

Honestly 6400 is 1/4 the value of many N54s if not approaching half.

What is your target market?

edit: Have you looked at other suppliers for your harness? Wire houses should be able to crank them out pretty cheap...

First off... I believe that much of this community is significantly lacking in real education regarding Ethanol and its cooling properties and effects. There is no need to "band-aid" with an alternative fuel such as methanol if your set up is correct. "Band-aids" eventually lose their glue and fall off. Just like water/meth doesn't distribute properly in the N54 and several other manifolds causing lean conditions in specific cylinders.

Our target market are those that desire BIG power..safely =) For example, our E46 M3 makes 1040RWHP and the car is worth 20k stock.

As far as suppliers for the harness, you cannot FATHOM the politics in getting these connectors and pins.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First off... I believe that much of this community is significantly lacking in real education regarding Ethanol and its cooling properties and effects. There is no need to "band-aid" with an alternative fuel such as methanol if your set up is correct. "Band-aids" eventually lose their glue and fall off. Just like water/meth doesn't distribute properly in the N54 and several other manifolds causing lean conditions in specific cylinders.

Our target market are those that desire BIG power..safely =) For example, our E46 M3 makes 1040RWHP and the car is worth 20k stock.

As far as suppliers for the harness, you cannot FATHOM the politics in getting these connectors and pins.
    He's stating methanol 'band-aid' as an additional fuel if the fuel system is maxed, not for cooling purposes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    The Pro-Efi benefits will come into play once they see it in action. making power is one thing, optimizing how that power is delivered and used is completely different Click here to enlarge
    transmission control/convertor lock-up/rpm increase/boost-by-gear/anti-lag/meth control/DI/control/true flex fuel monitoring etc..
    Exactly.

To realize the benefits guys would need to look at the E46 M3 turbo setups using Pro-EFI. Flex-fuel is a major one, the traction control setup is also supposedly pretty damn good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly.

To realize the benefits guys would need to look at the E46 M3 turbo setups using Pro-EFI. Flex-fuel is a major one, the traction control setup is also supposedly pretty damn good.
    are you ever going to be a good boy as promised by you and sticky this for me like i so nicely asked??
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Traction control that ProEFI provides on that M3...Does that include any ability to dial in traction at launch? Has any E46 turbo M3 with a ProEFI unit run low ETs in the drags for their power levels where having a ProEFI unit benefited it?

In terms of E85 I totally agree and this is why for instance in our camp we're not and will never choose to "rely" on meth for fueling high hp setups, one of them being the Vargas setup. Yes, Tony has requested us use meth to provide numbers BUT we have made it very clear on numerous occasions that we don't endorse meth-down-the-charge-piping fueled setups at all....ever! Glad you guys are on the same page there..

Now, meth is being used as an octane enhancer in many situations, not always as a fuel "enrichment" source, although you could argue that if its there its always a fuel enrichment source too Click here to enlarge This is also another area where it gets shady and we're weary of it and would MUCH rather stick to fuel coming from where it needs to come from.

Having said all that, I'd never ditch DI on this platform but that's just me...way too many advantages to just throw it away and I wouldn't even consider it an option TBH In tandem though with port injection would definitely become an option when DI for any reason would begin to show its limits capacity/rpm wise
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 04-25-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you ever going to be a good boy as promised by you and sticky this for me like i so nicely asked??
    Yes mam.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Traction control that ProEFI provides on that M3...Does that include any ability to dial in traction at launch? Has any E46 turbo M3 with a ProEFI unit run low ETs in the drags for their power levels where having a ProEFI unit benefited it?
    You need to ask our Pro-EFI E46 M3 guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You need to ask our Pro-EFI E46 M3 guys.
    so much love
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    2 videos:

1st one answers the Traction Control question

2nd one answers the Turbo E46 M3 success with the ProEFI

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2 videos:

1st one answers the Traction Control question
    http://youtu.be/phrfUvKYZpA

2nd one answers the Turbo E46 M3 success with the ProEFI
    http://youtu.be/BWryF1DjxxA
    Excellent post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    -___- man i was in the middle of posting those exact 2 videos.. wtf
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    -___- man i was in the middle of posting those exact 2 videos.. wtf
    Just like your Genny, toooooooo slow Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What brand are most of the connectors and contacts? I still know people in the industry.

I hope I didn't come off wrong. I am sure ProEFI is going to be great, but if you wanted to market to a larger audience you are going to have to lower your prices imo. The reason being is that the current tunes available are all under 1k and they have proven they are able to make good HP and with good driveability. The current tunes also have worked in 'high' HP applications so far.

That being said not one of the current tuning solutions offer everything ProEFI does and I am sure someone wanting the most out of this platform that they will choose to go with your product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just like your Genny, toooooooo slow Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Genny is my temporary race car... come see me in a month or two when I get my sunday funday car ... and Genny is the first of her kind... she is badass regardless... and her ass is better looking then your cars..Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast