Close

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    We will be using port in conjunction with DI and we will have full control of the DI injectors. The port injectors will come on at pre-determined boost, rpm or load.
    Bueno. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like all these new updates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I spoke to Garth a few weeks back about this setup. Hes a great dude and this looks to be the real thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Was gonna say, if we ditch DI, don't we lose all the benefits of E85
    Not at all, E85 still has great benefits using P/I, DI just makes it even more efficient. I would honestly rather see someone push the factory HPFP and Direct injectors. Wish someone would try upgrading the LPFP and maybe run a larger line from the LPFP to the HPFP to see what the OEM DI can really flow. I've heard some outrageous numbers claimed for how many CC's the factory injectors were designed for. Needless to say, they should be able to support well over 1k hp.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ProEFI was being mentioned a year or two back and I guess its making it to the N54 finally, good stuff for sure. In terms of fueling on this platform we have to find ways to preserve the DI nature of it. There are simply too many good reasons to stay with it while, if/when required, supplementing with additional fuel with port injection in a controlled manner. I think that is/will be pretty tricky to do but that's why ProEFI's got some great people working there.

@undercoverangie, welcome to the board Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The ProEFI would be working in conjunction with the stock ecu correct? So DI management is simply left to the stock DME and the port injection is managed by the ProEFI? This is pretty much how it would have to be as I don't think the ProEFI ECU could do both.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=nitehawk;332625]Whoa...that came out of the woodwork
    QUOTE]

No.. some of us are the cool kids that get to hear all the details Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The ProEFI would be working in conjunction with the stock ecu correct? So DI management is simply left to the stock DME and the port injection is managed by the ProEFI? This is pretty much how it would have to be as I don't think the ProEFI ECU could do both.
    If its a full standalone it'd be really nice as you get to tune it in one spot BUT that'd bring questions/concerns about the reliability of the ProEFI unit vs. the OEM DME where the OEM DME has shown to be an ass kicking platform when calibrated with with limitations to do with external device control/integration such as port injection injectors and external pressure actuated wastegates.

A marriage of the two would be the most sensible thing and I'd love to tune with that DUO Click here to enlarge of course provided that we have visibility to timing corrections across all 6 cylinders (which it seems we will).
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    If its a full standalone it'd be really nice as you get to tune it in one spot BUT that'd bring questions/concerns about the reliability of the ProEFI unit vs. the OEM DME where the OEM DME has shown to be an ass kicking platform when calibrated with with limitations to do with external device control/integration such as port injection injectors and external pressure actuated wastegates.
    It is a full standalone and I think the reliability point is irrelevant but in this application it appears it will not be working as a full standalone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it is a full standalone, will it be able to detect knock? I read for the GTR it couldn't...Hopefully not a stupid question

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdstatestud88 Click here to enlarge
    If it is a full standalone, will it be able to detect knock? I read for the GTR it couldn't...Hopefully not a stupid question
    I almost positive it can.
    Quoted:
    Advanced Knock Sensing Control Capabilities
    Specific knock frequency detection based upon the specific engine being monitored makes for incredibly advanced engine protection!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Quoted:
    Specific knock frequency detection based upon the specific engine being monitored makes for incredibly advanced engine protection!!
    Gracias...Cant wait to see whats in store for us in the upcoming months

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdstatestud88 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Quoted:
    Invididual cylinder timing corrections and knock sensing algorithms of the OEM DME do wonders for this car. For me, getting rid of the OEM DME and replacing it with a full standalone would need to preserve 100% of the logic, if not even improve and add more, but definitely not take away and go backwards to just listening to the 2 knock sensors microphone pickups on the side of the block.

Good luck and hope to hear more "details" on what ProEFI's got in terms of features in the coming weeks.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One incidental benefit of adding port injection would be to eliminate (or greatly reduce) the carbon build-up on the intake valves.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes, its full standalone. The factory DME stays in place to keep several aspects of the vehicle happy.

Relying on knock detection for tuning is like relying on a condom when you bang a whore!

However, here are screen shots of ProEFI's Knock capabilities

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Relying on knock detection for tuning is like relying on a condom when you bang a whore!
    I like your style.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The DME does a fantastic job at sensing pre-detonation before it even occurs, which is why we are all so intrigued at what PROefi will offer.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So does that mean certain controls would need to be disabled in the stock DME to allow ProEFI to work in conjunction?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am all for this provided we don't lose DI. The DI injectors are capable of flowing some ridiculous volume of fuel due to BMW demanding the system be able to run limp mode on LPFP only. With E85 and DI there are some big benefits that just aren't realized with port injection only.

Excited for this!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, its full standalone. The factory DME stays in place to keep several aspects of the vehicle happy.

LOL Click here to enlarge I wholeheartedly agree that "relying" on knock detection for tuning is a bad idea. I was merely implying that the OEM DME had a great ability to pull timing per cylinder and it looks like you've got something similar if not the same.

1) How does ProEFI detect knock on the N54? Is it maybe proactively doing it in some way and pulling timing or reactively (when it senses knock) pull timing.

2) Do you have the ability to pull timing from individual cylinders and if yes how is that configured?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sounds very interesting, would like to see where this leads too.
    08 135i | Alpine White | 6 Speed | M Sports pkg |
    | Berger Intake | Code 3 intercooler | Riss 3 inch Dps | Berk Exhaust | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Euro 1M/LCI Headlights | BMS OCC | Drag DR-37 18X8 ET 40 | 245/35R-18 Kumho Ecsta XS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mattgfx Click here to enlarge
    Sounds very interesting, would like to see where this leads too.
    +1 I agree and approve this statement. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is good news you guys. This is the type of system that is needed to make big power on this platform. I secured my dealer account with a company selling 9.5:1 forged pistons among other things today. As I can see with these types of updates the engines stock power limits should be found soon. Lets see who is going to be the first fully built twin GTX N54. Now things are getting interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That hand-drawn map showing 40lb/min@STP each at 3:1 looked good to me. My goals require at least 65lb/min@STP total, which is why I knew the current RBs weren't going to work. 80lbs/min@STP and I'm there. But so far I'm not seeing why I need a ProEFI to do that. If I need an upgrade pump I'll buy it from whoever sells it. I just need 600whp worth of fuel and it appears I can get that from the stock system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast