Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    2k just gets you the 128 ecu itself.
    which in itself is a good deal really

Major differences between 48 and 128?

the 128 is the biggest ems i've ever seen for sure, at the size of a large laptop/small desktop i'd hope it is stupidly powerful lol
    Straight off of ProEFI's website

Features Of The Pro 128 ECU System

Click here to enlarge
    The Pro128 holds the record for Bang for the buck. Check out these features, and check out the environmental specs on this unit. These units are the most reliable ECU’s you will find at ANY price!

Retail Pricing $2,023.81 (Does Not include adapter Harness or Sensors)
    Injectors 12 Peak n Hold – with calibratable peak time. 6 – 6/2 amp, and 6 3/1 amp.
    Coils 16
    TPS Yes – Adaptive
    Coolant Temp Yes
    Air Temp Yes
    Map Sensor Yes – Unlimited Range
    Idle Control Pulse Width and Stepper motor – Adaptive
    Wideband O2 2 Built in UEGO controllers (External capable)
    Cam Yes – Hall/VR capable
    Crank Yes – Hall/VR capable
    Variable Cam Yes 2 cam capable
    Knock Channels 2 Programmable frequency and event with individual cylinder notification
    Flex Fuel Capability Add a Flex fuel sensor, and the computer automatically adjusts fuel, timing, and boost based on Ethanol content!
    Nitrous Control 4 stages multiple event trigger control range. V.E. based fueling****
    Boost Control Multiple control strategies.***
    Traction Control Multiple control strategies.***
    Fuel Pump Control Yes*
    Analog Inputs 34* Fuel Pressure monitoring and feedback correction, Oil Pressure, Exhaust Backpressure Feedback and correction, and much more.
    Low Side Outputs 10 total – 8-10 amp capable – 2-2 amp capable*
    Tach Yes – Software configurable
    Digital Inputs 8 channels – Fully programmable pre configured
    High Current Bridges 3 channel sets – Used for Stepper motor control, or Electronic Throttle Control
    Speed Inputs 2
    Drive By Wire Yes
    Fault Coding Safety Yes**
    MIL (CEL) Yes – Malfunction indicator with fault codes
    Main Relay Control Yes
    5v Ref 2 locations
    Sensor Grounds 2 locations
    Key Switch Power Yes
    Permanent Power Yes
    Battery Backup No
    Chassis Ground 4 Locations
    Can Channels 2 Channels
    Serial Connection Yes*****
    RS485 Connection Yes*****
    Internal Memory Limited to Fault logic
    USB Direct Connection No
    Laptop Connection USB

Features of the Pro48 ECU

Click here to enlarge

Retail Pricing $837.33 (Does Not include adapter Harness or Sensors)
    Drive By Wire Yes
    Injectors 4 Peak n Hold
    Coils 8
    TPS Yes – Adaptive
    Coolant Temp Yes
    Air Temp Yes
    Map Sensor Yes – Unlimited Range
    Flex Fuel Yes – requires additional signal conditioning
    Idle Control Pulse Width and Stepper motor – Adaptive
    Wideband O2 External driver required 2 channel cabable
    Cam Yes – Hall/VR capable
    Crank Yes – Hall/VR capable
    Variable Cam Yes
    Traction Control CAN based applications Only!
    Nitrous Control 4 Stages. V.E. Based****
    Boost Control Multiple control strategies.***
    Launch Control Multiple control strategies.***
    Fuel Pump Control Yes*
    Analog Inputs 14*
    Low Side Outputs 6 6amp capable Low Side outputs*
    Tach Yes – Software configurable
    Digital Inputs
    High Current Bridges 1 Channel set – Used for Stepper motor control
    Speed Inputs None
    Drive By Wire Yes
    Fault Coding Safety Yes**
    MIL (CEL) Yes – Malfunction indicator with fault codes
    Main Relay Control Yes
    5v Ref 1 location
    Sensor Grounds 1 location
    Key Switch Power Yes
    Permanent Power Yes
    Battery Backup No
    Chassis Ground 2 Locations
    Can Channels 1 Channel
    Serial Connection No
    RS485 Connection No
    Internal Memory Limited to Fault logic
    USB Direct Connection USB on PC, Can connection at ECU

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Please post dynos so that we can review and argue about area under the curve. Then we can debate the differences between Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet, Mustang, and Dynapack. Then, we can piss and moan over correction factors, DA, and what each shop does to tamper with their own dynomometers to skew numbers. Once that is settled, we'll argue what a true basline for an N54 is, because it is obviously between 240 and 300 WHP. Then someone will inevitably say "without a basline on the same car, same dyno, and same day, it doesn't mean $#@! fail, fail, fail, you suck." My favorite part will be when Shiv's dyno numbers come into the conversation, even though that is completely irrelivant. Also, RB's, $#@! singles, Cobb, flapper valve bypass, long cranks, 4 meth nozzles, Level 10, bus driver uppercut. LOL

Hope I didn't miss anything Click here to enlarge

J.K. now lets see those dynos.
    Nothing means %$#@, we can all just compare vehicle weight with driver in it and trap speed....dyno is a tool....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Still having issues fighting the ECU.... doing some re-wiring... hoping for a better result

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    depends on your state lol.. We would have to look into that further state to state... We have gotten supras through
    California. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    California. Click here to enlarge
    No guarantees that ANYONE will pass emissions testing when their vehicle is modified.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Holy $#@!! Pro48 is only $837? Uh oh. You have my attention now Click here to enlarge what's a ballpark figure for the intake mani?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Holy $#@!! Pro48 is only $837? Uh oh. You have my attention now Click here to enlarge what's a ballpark figure for the intake mani?
    It's still a prototype!!!!!! LMAO... still have no idea....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Here is ProEFI's website link:

http://proefi.com/info/
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    No guarantees that ANYONE will pass emissions testing when their vehicle is modified.
    I am not asking for a gaurentee. I am just wondering if the car will or will not pass an OBDII emissions tests.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Isn't that only 4 injectors?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    you missed arguing about the cost...lol
    Oh yeah, good call; I've been guilty of that one a couple of times myself. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Nothing means %$#@, we can all just compare vehicle weight with driver in it and trap speed....dyno is a tool....
    Probably the best comparison of overall power right there.

Sooooo, does that mean you guys will be putting together an Atco meet soon? I'm down!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It's still a prototype!!!!!! LMAO... still have no idea....
    in case you haven't heard us bimmer guys are impatient spoiled babies Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

in case you haven't heard us bimmer guys are impatient spoiled babies Click here to enlarge
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Straight off of ProEFI's website

yeah sorry i read that before, but most of it doesn't mean much to me

i don't know the differences in really meaningful ways other than 128 has 12 injector outputs and the 48 has 4.

ED: and the 48 doesn't do DBW throttle, and a couple of other things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Isn't that only 4 injectors?
    in supras pro48 is a stand alone ecu/ems. All the stuff listed is included. 4 injectors though? We can make it 6 I assume? Is there a need. Will these injectors be in addition to the DI? If so does this mean we have to have the mani? Sorry don't know much about pro efi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Probably the best comparison of overall power right there.

Sooooo, does that mean you guys will be putting together an Atco meet soon? I'm down!

Of course!!!!!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

in supras pro48 is a stand alone ecu/ems. All the stuff listed is included. 4 injectors though? We can make it 6 I assume? Is there a need. Will these injectors be in addition to the DI? If so does this mean we have to have the mani? Sorry don't know much about pro efi

With the pro48 on a engine more than 4 cylinders you run semi-sequentialClick here to enlarge

The power/economy difference is negligible. However you obviously lose ability to add/sub fuel per cylinder
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

With the pro48 on a engine more than 4 cylinders you run semi-sequentialClick here to enlarge

The power/economy difference is negligible. However you obviously lose ability to add/sub fuel per cylinder
    Is that 4 injectors total? If you wanted to do 6 in the manifold and 6 in the head (DI) that would require the 12 injector model, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Is that 4 injectors total? If you wanted to do 6 in the manifold and 6 in the head (DI) that would require the 12 injector model, correct?
    Yes. However we have totally revamped the project. You guys will be getting a totally different ecu.... The 112!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok guys! First off, no $#@!ing, screaming, kicking, complaining of any sort allowed!

I personally have about 14k tied up in this project. Between shipping the car 2300 miles, shipping myself 3 times, all the parts blah blah blah. The cars staying and I'm getting back on the plane now with Angie. This is where we are...

All of this will be overcome in a matter of weeks.

For whatever reason BMW decided to use a 3 tooth cam trigger wheel. Although the crank is a normal 60-2. This caused 2 issues. One, we were not able to control the vanos. Two, because of one when the DME did not see ignition flyback from the coils(we were controlling them) it freaked the F*&% out and rolled the cams into a limp mode state that reduced power by at least 80%, throttle went to nill and the car was PISSED! All this took days to confirm on the lab scope and dyno. Ultimately ran us out of time on this trip. We have to get home and handle business.

What are we doing now?

The software engineers are going to start writing the code tomorrow morning. This is a daunting task and takes a few weeks and about 10k. DONE! In the works. This is not another project left behind like others.

What are going to be your options?

#1 FULL engine control! DME will only be used as basically a dash board ecu to keep all your comforts in tact. Like CA and all the other goodies. A new unreleased 112 box will have 100% engine control. Fuel, Ignition, VANOS, Fly-by-wire throttle, twin wideband, DI, Port. The biggest advantages of the new box is 3 channel Can Bus and size. The plug is on the end instead of the middle and will be significantly easier to mount.

#2 Piggy style hook up with a pro48 and a cobb flash. The cobb will solely be used to erase DME codes that will throw the car into limp mode, rolling the cams into a unbearable state. The pro48 will give you full ignition control, fuel and throttle. This will be a much cheaper option, but obviously more versatile than all others currently. It will be especially great for the guys who already have a cobb ap. The only downside to this is that we will have to run a second coil harness to keep the factory DME from turning off DI when it sees the coils are not hooked up. Not a big deal though.

The 3 trigger wheel was our biggest hurdle. Although our car will more than likely run a 128 box initially it will be turned into a 112 down the road. We will be trying to get back out here in 4 weeks or so. But it could possibly take 10. Just being honest!

This was not the way we planned this trip for certain. My pockets hurt!! But everyone involved is certain that this is one of the most untapped applications of all currently. With more cars sold than probably any other.....ever!

Any one who wants to join on thursday at atco, look for me with the matte black GTR. Watch out LostMarine. I heard about you doubling the boost. No worries though, I've got a major F*%$ You up my sleeve!! Remember, we've never launched yet and also havn't turned up the boost more than factory wastegates would allow. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Ok guys! First off, no $#@!ing, screaming, kicking, complaining of any sort allowed!

I personally have about 14k tied up in this project. Between shipping the car 2300 miles, shipping myself 3 times, all the parts blah blah blah. The cars staying and I'm getting back on the plane now with Angie. This is where we are...

All of this will be overcome in a matter of weeks.

For whatever reason BMW decided to use a 3 tooth cam trigger wheel. Although the crank is a normal 60-2. This caused 2 issues. One, we were not able to control the vanos. Two, because of one when the DME did not see ignition flyback from the coils(we were controlling them) it freaked the F*&% out and rolled the cams into a limp mode state that reduced power by at least 80%, throttle went to nill and the car was PISSED! All this took days to confirm on the lab scope and dyno. Ultimately ran us out of time on this trip. We have to get home and handle business.

What are we doing now?

The software engineers are going to start writing the code tomorrow morning. This is a daunting task and takes a few weeks and about 10k. DONE! In the works. This is not another project left behind like others.

What are going to be your options?

#1 FULL engine control! DME will only be used as basically a dash board ecu to keep all your comforts in tact. Like CA and all the other goodies. A new unreleased 112 box will have 100% engine control. Fuel, Ignition, VANOS, Fly-by-wire throttle, twin wideband, DI, Port. The biggest advantages of the new box is 3 channel Can Bus and size. The plug is on the end instead of the middle and will be significantly easier to mount.

#2 Piggy style hook up with a pro48 and a cobb flash. The cobb will solely be used to erase DME codes that will throw the car into limp mode, rolling the cams into a unbearable state. The pro48 will give you full ignition control, fuel and throttle. This will be a much cheaper option, but obviously more versatile than all others currently. It will be especially great for the guys who already have a cobb ap. The only downside to this is that we will have to run a second coil harness to keep the factory DME from turning off DI when it sees the coils are not hooked up. Not a big deal though.

The 3 trigger wheel was our biggest hurdle. Although our car will more than likely run a 128 box initially it will be turned into a 112 down the road. We will be trying to get back out here in 4 weeks or so. But it could possibly take 10. Just being honest!

This was not the way we planned this trip for certain. My pockets hurt!! But everyone involved is certain that this is one of the most untapped applications of all currently. With more cars sold than probably any other.....ever!

Any one who wants to join on thursday at atco, look for me with the matte black GTR. Watch out LostMarine. I heard about you doubling the boost. No worries though, I've got a major F*%$ You up my sleeve!! Remember, we've never launched yet and also havn't turned up the boost more than factory wastegates would allow. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks so much for the reply and honesty. I was just literally driving by the Scottsdale airport today. Was with the wife so couldn't stop in. We will wait patiently, but, hurry!
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes. However we have totally revamped the project. You guys will be getting a totally different ecu.... The 112!!!!!
    brand new kinda custom or something?

is it anythign cut down from the 128, or is it pretty much a custom 128 for the n54?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge

Couldn't agree more about this being one of the most untapped applications around. The amount that this platform can take thus far is already proof of that. Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Wow, you guys are really putting your money where your mouth is.

The BMW DMEs have been monitoring coil flyback for a long time - helps detect misfire due to a weak or dead coil. I don't even know what the direct injector pattern looks like. Lots of things to "work around."

I'd pay $3000 just for the traction control capabilities of the ProEFI. You'd KILL people on a road course with real traction control holding back 400+lb-ft of torque until it's fully capable of unleashing it down the straights. It would be practically cheating. Click here to enlarge

And I know the project has changed direction on the ECU, but 4 injector outputs would just be using 3 as phased batch-fire. I don't think, however, that CAN based wheel speed/traction control would be as fast as reading wheel speed inputs directly.
    James Muskopf
    RRT Racing
    2007 E92 335i/6MT Procede Rev3 w/PWM meth, otherwise stock
    E28 M5, R171 SLK320

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast