Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @undercoverangie

semi-monthlyish bump

any new news on this? - been about 2 months since last info?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    @undercoverangie

semi-monthlyish bump

any new news on this? - been about 2 months since last info?
    I'd like an update too... @undercover @undercoverangie
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    at this point boys.. Garth and I haven't the slightest clue... I will get back to you on this....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, last I heard there was about to be some prices coming out and finishing of the programming and the car was running on PI but DI wasn't enabled. Is that where we are now still?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in the process of flow testing injectors individually
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    in the process of flow testing injectors individually
    interesting
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge any news?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the ProEFI Porsche (996/997 Turbos) application is the priority now that the Turbo M3 stuff is basically wrapped up
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I think the ProEFI Porsche (996/997 Turbos) application is the priority now that the Turbo M3 stuff is basically wrapped up
    Click here to enlarge

i guess whatever will get them more money/publicity

but...

from the original post

"We are currently in the works of finishing up our N54, currently it still has stock turbo's and is running ProEFI and a ProEFI fuel system. "

almost 12 months later, and what was supposedly not TOO far off running as a solid product almost 12 months ago now (and presumably already multiple months into development), is still an indeterminate amount of months from release in the future :/
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

but...

from the original post

"We are currently in the works of finishing up our N54, currently it still has stock turbo's and is running ProEFI and a ProEFI fuel system. "

almost 12 months later, and what was supposedly not TOO far off running as a solid product almost 12 months ago now (and presumably already multiple months into development), is still an indeterminate amount of months from release in the future :/
    It's always easier on paper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

but...

from the original post

A lot of differences... The Porsche market has really blown up recently with the 996/997 turbos, especially since the big HP owners have the money to spend and they're a proven platform. This is backed up by the fact that Switzer & AMS have recently started making big HP packages for those cars. Also the N54 has the unique problem of being DI, which is clearly creating a problem on it's own.

From ProEFI's end, AMS (a former ProEFI user) just took their shop GTR with a Syvecs standalone into the 7s.

BOTTOM line is there really isn't a market for a standalone on the N54 (people were already $#@!ing about the price). And how do you think Garth feels about not having his car?

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BOTTOM line is there really isn't a market for a standalone on the N54 (people were already $#@!ing about the price).
    so how long did it take to decide that there wasnt a market, why all the hype in the beginning if there wasnt a perceived market?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't all the money spent for the programming? I mean what else needed to be done. I think it had to do with getting DI and PI working together?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's always easier on paper.
    but it's not paper

they said they had a vehicle (N54) running ProEFI 12 months ago almost.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A lot of differences... The Porsche market has really blown up recently with the 996/997 turbos, especially since the big HP owners have the money to spend and they're a proven platform. This is backed up by the fact that Switzer & AMS have recently started making big HP packages for those cars. Also the N54 has the unique problem of being DI, which is clearly creating a problem on it's own.

From ProEFI's end, AMS (a former ProEFI user) just took their shop GTR with a Syvecs standalone into the 7s.

BOTTOM line is there really isn't a market for a standalone on the N54 (people were already $#@!ing about the price). And how do you think Garth feels about not having his car?
    yeah, there's more money to make there obviously, more people willing to spend, and spend big.

i don't see how there's not a market.. there may be less percentage of owners.. but surely, with the porsche being a relatively rare car vs n54's

they sell a few, and it's already worthwhile.. especially, like it seemed, there wasn't YEARS worth of work left?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    so how long did it take to decide that there wasnt a market, why all the hype in the beginning if there wasnt a perceived market?
    ^

why invest any RnD if there's no market?

saying there's no market means Vargas is going to have a world of trouble trying to sell their $8k turbo setup

with 10 of them already sold, that seems like a decent indication there's at least 10 people willing to go proefi Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but it's not paper

they said they had a vehicle (N54) running ProEFI 12 months ago almost.
    I think saying timeframes is easy on paper. I haven't seen ProEFI doing everything they say it can with the N54 not to say it ever won't. But clearly it isn't just plug and play. Non-BMW platforms are always less complicated with the electronics. With stuff like this it's best not to say anything as you never know what hurdles you will run into. Months can turn into years in a hurry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think saying timeframes is easy on paper. I haven't seen ProEFI doing everything they say it can with the N54 not to say it ever won't. But clearly it isn't just plug and play. Non-BMW platforms are always less complicated with the electronics. With stuff like this it's best not to say anything as you never know what hurdles you will run into. Months can turn into years in a hurry.
    oh i'm not debating that

but it seems like the N54 community is being led on a little?

if it's difficult, hitting roadblocks... be upfront about it not 'yeah yeah it's going great, we'll have it ready soon™

i can't remember what the last expected timeframe was, but at one stage it was mid/q2/q3 '13 wasn't it?

i'm not trying to complain, but it'd be better if there was a 'yeah guys it's probably going to be 2014+ now, sorry' and everyone could move on lol.

DI or no, other platforms get standalones ASAP.. heck, i managed to find that motec powered N55 335i (clearly not running stock creature comforts though) so saying DI is the issue doesn't sound quite right?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't all the money spent for the programming? I mean what else needed to be done. I think it had to do with getting DI and PI working together?
    There's a market, but it's certainly not even close to how big the 996/997 Turbo market is, which is why it's a back burner project. It's not like ProEFI has thrown in the towel & completely given up on the N54.

The last I really remember reading, the two main things holding this up was DI Fueling & the Cam Control

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There's a market, but it's certainly not even close to how big the 996/997 Turbo market is, which is why it's a back burner project. It's not like ProEFI has thrown in the towel & completely given up on the N54.

The last I really remember reading, the two main things holding this up was DI Fueling & the Cam Control
    cam control has never been an issue. When we got fired up it was the cam trigger pattern that was the problem. Code had to be written for it. Which took fooorrreeevvveerr.
    Then the individual flow numbers of the injectors have become a problem. Knowing that the BMW community would accept nothing less than a di solution. Even if it does have pi on top of it. Di must remain IMO.

Its been since dec of 2011 that I shipped my car out to az. I of course hate not having. And paying for it is an even bigger kick in the balls.

However. I feel the end result will be worth it.

If anyone has a full fledge race car that's a n54/55 we can certainly accommodate you with Proefi today.

We also are still waiting on the completion of the new m112 ecu to be finalized which has extra can channels for most 07 and newer cars. Also less pricey.

Dont loose hope yet. I'm still making car payments lol
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Its been since dec of 2011 that I shipped my car out to az. I of course hate not having. And paying for it is an even bigger kick in the balls.
    now i feel a little bad for saying anything about timeframe.. a year and 8 months~ without your car.. you'd want it to be worth it? haha

However. I feel the end result will be worth it.

If anyone has a full fledge race car that's a n54/55 we can certainly accommodate you with Proefi today.

We also are still waiting on the completion of the new m112 ecu to be finalized which has extra can channels for most 07 and newer cars. Also less pricey.

Dont loose hope yet. I'm still making car payments lol
    so the hardest part really right now is making sure it can live side by side with the MSD80/81 i take it? (and waiting for the fully revised ECU)
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No the hold up is ensuring that each cylinder will absolutely positively get correct fueling under every condition. The piezo injector isn't a slope like a pi injector is. AND more importantly flows varies from injector to injector. This is why you must "code" each Inj after installation.
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fair enough... don't flows vary injector to injector under PI as well? is it just the DI is so super precise that it REALLY matters?

so by >If anyone has a full fledge race car that's a n54/55 we can certainly accommodate you with Proefi today.

do you mean disable DI and go to straight up PI?

that would be a major waste of an N54 Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No the hold up is ensuring that each cylinder will absolutely positively get correct fueling under every condition. The piezo injector isn't a slope like a pi injector is. AND more importantly flows varies from injector to injector. This is why you must "code" each Inj after installation.
    What do you need or what needs to be done to complete this injector issue? Can the community help in any way?

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast