Close

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Are you serious? I'm not here to argue but a e46 m3 chassis, e36 m3 chassis and e9x m3 chassis is way better. Our stock 335 is sloppy in comparison, you have to do many things to the suspension to even get close and it still won't handle like the m3. If your doing a motor swap, you tend to look for a wrecked car or one with a blown engine you can get for cheap. I'm just saying if I was going to pay for a motor swap I'd find a high mileage m3 and get it done.... Go swap a engine in your 335 if you want, I don't care ha
    you'lll be surprised.. the chassis are actually not reinforced like you think

it's all in the bolt-ons.. suspension, subframes etc.

which you can find for surprisingly good prices Click here to enlarge

so... yeah.. only a few $k all up (minus.. you know.. the whole widebody to fit equivalent rubber and track. which is a few $k in itself)

same deal for a 1M.. it's JUST the E82 chassis, if you get a 135i and 1m and fully strip them to pieces... you really think they'll be different? hells no.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    When doing a motor swap, the normal M.O. is up in the air. You might only consider a super cheap one or a wrecked car; I'd find one with a blown motor. Considering you can get a well running E92 for under $20k these days, one with a blown engine would be substantially cheaper.

And you still didn't answer my question. Please name a car in the 335i category that is better. I'm talking contemporaries and same target market. The M3 ramblings don't count as inaccurate as they were.
    you can get an E92 M3 for under $20k? where from? considering a 335 is about that price :/

unless you mean an E92 335 which is bang on lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I noticed on e90post in your sig it says you also have a 370z. How do you like the handleing on that, and how does it compare to an e90/e92 with the sports package. Always liked the looks of those cars, and they sound great too!
    Handling on the 370Z is outstanding. By the raw numbers, it would give an M3 trouble on a tight track and due to the shorter wheelbase, it would probably win at the auto-X. But the M3 has superior brakes and makes more power; so on a normal roadcourse the M3 would win pretty easily. Nissan could have really bumped up the power on this engine, lots of N/A aftermarket options are bumping it up to the 310whp range (stock is 270ish); but they didn't want it competing with the GTR.

As far as feel, the 370z's road feel is superior to the E92 sports pkg; you can definitely tell what's going on in the suspension. But compared to the steering in my E92 (PSSs with M3 LCAs and TSs), I like my car better. The Z's steering is lighter, but you can still feel the road. I just prefer heavier steering feel (very subjective there).

As for sound, I'm not a fan of the stock 370z sound vs stock 350z sound. But once you put on an aftermarket exhaust, the 370z sounds amazing. It's pretty cool punching it and hearing the rpms scream at 7500; motor just sounds great. Impressive IMO for a V6 as most V6s I've heard, I REALLY don't like. My old 300zxTT sounded like crap as did all the 3kgts and Stealths. I dunno if its just the firing pattern, head-design, or what; but it sounds really good in the VQ motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    you can get an E92 M3 for under $20k? where from? considering a 335 is about that price :/

unless you mean an E92 335 which is bang on lol
    Yeah I meant a 335 Click here to enlarge Most of the lower priced M3s I'm seeing are mid-low 30s (which is a HELLUVA bargain).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Will need a standalone that can handle the CAN communications to the 8 speed trans =) By the time, someone it's done... car will be a relic! It would have been easier if it was a 6 speed manual or get another car that's more tuner friendly Click here to enlarge
    Lots of stuff is happening right now for the ISF :p
    My n54 e90 is totaled Click here to enlarge looking for a replacement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I like the isf , I saw a lowered one with nice wheels on the nj turnpike the other day....looked cleannnn
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I like the isf , I saw a lowered one with nice wheels on the nj turnpike the other day....looked cleannnn
    Yeh i dig them to, just picked up a obsidian black one, its the perfect DD, honestly the interior is A+ compared to alot of other cars in its class, high quality materials throughout the ENTIRE interior
    My n54 e90 is totaled Click here to enlarge looking for a replacement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335(ex)(eye) Click here to enlarge
    Yeh i dig them to, just picked up a obsidian black one, its the perfect DD, honestly the interior is A+ compared to alot of other cars in its class, high quality materials throughout the ENTIRE interior
    Thats one thing i dislike.. Hard plastic centre consoles and where the seat belt is

rarely touched.. But... You just... KNOW haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Thats one thing i dislike.. Hard plastic centre consoles and where the seat belt is

rarely touched.. But... You just... KNOW haha
    U mean the isf? Interior is $#@!ing PLUSH for a 60k car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335(ex)(eye) Click here to enlarge
    U mean the isf? Interior is $#@!ing PLUSH for a 60k car!
    Nah, haha, other cars

like my 1er.. (I LOVE the simple interior otherwise, all soft and smooth) Not sure if 3ers are the same i assume they are, even if the dash/door trims etc are nicer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

SO @undercoverangie, any N54 ProEFI updates?? Really interested now that Vargas has released the HPFP upgrade & the ProEFI's complete FlexFuel tuning abilities.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    SO @undercoverangie , any N54 ProEFI updates?? Really interested now that Vargas has released the HPFP upgrade & the ProEFI's complete FlexFuel tuning abilities.
    ^^^ ^_^

not to mention... Surely, with the power you can get from a cobb screwing with the stock tables etc.. Having a tuning system that says 'how high' when you say 'j-' can't hurt?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    SO @undercoverangie , any N54 ProEFI updates?? Really interested now that Vargas has released the HPFP upgrade & the ProEFI's complete FlexFuel tuning abilities.
    ...Garth leaves for Arizona on Wednesday =)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Whelp, it's official. I dropped Garth at the airport this morning. I will try and make sure he get's you updates while he's out there. It's going to be a little hard because I am not there with him to bug him and Jason, and also because I am leaving to go to California tomorrow to help cover the Long Beach Grand Prix. =)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Whelp, it's official. I dropped Garth at the airport this morning. I will try and make sure he get's you updates while he's out there. It's going to be a little hard because I am not there with him to bug him and Jason, and also because I am leaving to go to California tomorrow to help cover the Long Beach Grand Prix. =)
    Lets get some news! I'm super stoked you guys have done all this. Even in light of all the breakthroughs with the hpfp, this is still going to be the best solution for those looking to avoid the DME nannies and go for big power. All the top records will be set with stand alones.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Lets get some news! I'm super stoked you guys have done all this. Even in light of all the breakthroughs with the hpfp, this is still going to be the best solution for those looking to avoid the DME nannies and go for big power. All the top records will be set with stand alones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Which is?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Which is?
    interesting

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

interesting
    Because what I know is:
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Because what I know is:
    fascinating

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    nd also because I am leaving to go to California tomorrow to help cover the Long Beach Grand Prix. =)
    That sounds like a ton of fun.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

interesting
    Love that show btw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

fascinating
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Uuuuuupdaaaaates? Click here to enlarge

@undercoverangie

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Uuuuuupdaaaaates? Click here to enlarge

@undercoverangie
    There is an update I am just not allowed to post it Garth and Jason are working out the final details of the postClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast