Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Mill sell you mine. Lol
    No thanks.... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

so let me make sure i've got this straight...

this (proefi) is pretty much a good standalone engine management that's going to be used next to the factory DME (so not entirely standalone, but controlling everything running wise?), used with (for the n54) a custom made manifold that uses port injection to supplement the direct injection for fuelling requirements.... but will also be a nitrous solution as well?

i'm guessing this it going to be one of (or THE?) first properly made as-plug-and-play-as-possible standalone kits for the N54?

and it's going to cost 2 arms and 1.75 legs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Unless I missed something I don't think the price was mentioned. This is still in beta.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I love trying to guess the price of things. I'm saying a kit will cost $3k.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Well. Your almost dead on. But.... ProEFI is not good. Its hands down the best. controlling some of the fastest cars on the road and track. We have tromped ugr lambo, 1400 hp Hennessy venom, fastest 6 speed supra, fastest outlaw 275x and 10.5, sal patels IRS viper record 6.98@207, and on and on.

It will be pricey. But we are going to immediately work on using a smaller less expensive box more suited to most BMW guys. However this car will have everything it can. Both will be proEFI. Both will have the baddest traction control money can buy and be truly flex fuel!!
    more to come later. On iPhone and at dinner. Lol

Btw we know why this has been such a pita application. But we're past that Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

+1 my shop in Nashville owns the land speed record at the bonneville salt flats in their class and they said pro efi is hands down the best engine management system on the market. I certainly trust their opinion. Can't wait to see your results.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    sal patels IRS viper record 6.98@207
    Look here guys: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ighlight=viper

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by orange Click here to enlarge
    Unless I missed something I don't think the price was mentioned. This is still in beta.
    i had a google for JUST a proEFI 128 for a supra or something

$2k no options (though options are WAY cheaper, and more are included, than a motec)

though yeah on the upside, in said google i found not a single complaint about ProEFI, unlike you know... every single other EMS ever released, nothing but constant $#@!ing about problem XYZ lol

http://proefi.com/info/product-list/ecus/

so + manifold/injectors/pumps etc...
    Last edited by Flinchy; 10-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Well. Your almost dead on. But.... ProEFI is not good. Its hands down the best. controlling some of the fastest cars on the road and track. We have tromped ugr lambo, 1400 hp Hennessy venom, fastest 6 speed supra, fastest outlaw 275x and 10.5, sal patels IRS viper record 6.98@207, and on and on.

It will be pricey. But we are going to immediately work on using a smaller less expensive box more suited to most BMW guys. However this car will have everything it can. Both will be proEFI. Both will have the baddest traction control money can buy and be truly flex fuel!!
    more to come later. On iPhone and at dinner. Lol

Btw we know why this has been such a pita application. But we're past that Click here to enlarge
    Okay, 'cause I noticed that your ProEFI was huge! It looks like a laptop or something LOL. Glad to hear the real deal will be smaller.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

$2-3k isnt bad considering what it is. Its not a procede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Well.... The 128 box is huge!!! But it does a ton. However it appears that most will only need a 48. With so much can bus it will be more than most will need. We've grown to be the largest dealer in the ne. We love this ems. I have never been happier tuning cars with another system. The biggest advantage is the diagnostic capabilities, engine protection, fault codes, flex fuel, and the almighty traction control!
    Garth
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

dyno results?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

come on guys

I want a new system and ... Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Will you still be able to pass an OBD smog test?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    $2-3k isnt bad considering what it is. Its not a procede.
    2k just gets you the 128 ecu itself.
    which in itself is a good deal really

Well.... The 128 box is huge!!! But it does a ton. However it appears that most will only need a 48. With so much can bus it will be more than most will need. We've grown to be the largest dealer in the ne. We love this ems. I have never been happier tuning cars with another system. The biggest advantage is the diagnostic capabilities, engine protection, fault codes, flex fuel, and the almighty traction control!
    Garth
    Major differences between 48 and 128?

the 128 is the biggest ems i've ever seen for sure, at the size of a large laptop/small desktop i'd hope it is stupidly powerful lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

This honestly is quite an awesome thread. Good job Garth and Angie on the progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

9 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Please post dynos so that we can review and argue about area under the curve. Then we can debate the differences between Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet, Mustang, and Dynapack. Then, we can piss and moan over correction factors, DA, and what each shop does to tamper with their own dynomometers to skew numbers. Once that is settled, we'll argue what a true basline for an N54 is, because it is obviously between 240 and 300 WHP. Then someone will inevitably say "without a basline on the same car, same dyno, and same day, it doesn't mean $#@!; fail, fail, fail, you suck." My favorite part will be when Shiv's dyno numbers come into the conversation, even though that is completely irrelivant. Also, RB's, $#@! singles, Cobb, flapper valve bypass, long cranks, 4 meth nozzles, Level 10, bus driver uppercut. LOL

Hope I didn't miss anything Click here to enlarge

J.K. now lets see those dynos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Please post dynos so that we can review and argue about area under the curve. Then we can debate the differences between Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet, Mustang, and Dynapack. Then, we can piss and moan over correction factors, DA, and what each shop does to tamper with their own dynomometers to skew numbers. Once that is settled, we'll argue what a true basline for an N54 is, because it is obviously between 240 and 300 WHP. Then someone will inevitably say "without a basline on the same car, same dyno, and same day, it doesn't mean $#@! fail, fail, fail, you suck." My favorite part will be when Shiv's dyno numbers come into the conversation, even though that is completely irrelivant. Also, RB's, $#@! singles, Cobb, flapper valve bypass, long cranks, 4 meth nozzles, Level 10, bus driver uppercut. LOL

LMFAO! But so true. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Don't make me stop by. I'll be in North Scottsdale today.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Please post dynos so that we can review and argue about area under the curve. Then we can debate the differences between Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet, Mustang, and Dynapack. Then, we can piss and moan over correction factors, DA, and what each shop does to tamper with their own dynomometers to skew numbers. Once that is settled, we'll argue what a true basline for an N54 is, because it is obviously between 240 and 300 WHP. Then someone will inevitably say "without a basline on the same car, same dyno, and same day, it doesn't mean $#@! fail, fail, fail, you suck." My favorite part will be when Shiv's dyno numbers come into the conversation, even though that is completely irrelivant. Also, RB's, $#@! singles, Cobb, flapper valve bypass, long cranks, 4 meth nozzles, Level 10, bus driver uppercut. LOL

LMAO....i'd sig quote this whole thing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Please post dynos so that we can review and argue about area under the curve. Then we can debate the differences between Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet, Mustang, and Dynapack. Then, we can piss and moan over correction factors, DA, and what each shop does to tamper with their own dynomometers to skew numbers. Once that is settled, we'll argue what a true basline for an N54 is, because it is obviously between 240 and 300 WHP. Then someone will inevitably say "without a basline on the same car, same dyno, and same day, it doesn't mean $#@!; fail, fail, fail, you suck." My favorite part will be when Shiv's dyno numbers come into the conversation, even though that is completely irrelivant. Also, RB's, $#@! singles, Cobb, flapper valve bypass, long cranks, 4 meth nozzles, Level 10, bus driver uppercut. LOL

LOL, I love this guy. So sad, and true.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Too funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

you missed arguing about the cost...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

We are still fighting with the stock ECU -__- no bueno more updates in a little bit
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Will you still be able to pass an OBD smog test?
    depends on your state lol.. We would have to look into that further state to state... We have gotten supras through
    Click here to enlarge

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast