Close

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get a female on a BMW forum and guys forget how to spell or use proper grammar.
    LOOL OMG...good catch sticky
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol well yeah that too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    PERFECT EXAMPLE AS TO WHY I LOVE BEING LITTLE!!!!! ^__^

Garth and his big arms couldn't quite reach and tighten a clamp, so I stuck my hand in the strangest spot and held it there hahahah

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Day 2 is almost complete!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Ok guys Click here to enlarge day 2 is complete ^__^

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

we most likely will be NOT working tomorrow... I will however be checking the thread.
    enjoy the rest of your weekend!!! <3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    AWH Thanks, that's why Garth loves me
    Please educate my GF on that, that would be epic win. Great progress, excited to see what the proefi can do with this platform
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the wonderful communication Angie. When do you think you'll get to secondary fuel injection tuning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the wonderful communication Angie. When do you think you'll get to secondary fuel injection tuning?
    Mid-week ^__^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Mid-week ^__^
    I'm partner of a sports bar in old town scottsdale, I may stop by the shop one of these days if I ever get your tune if its open for drop ins. Its at the top of my list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

We are not planning on ditching the DI by any means. We have control of themClick here to enlarge I just don't think we want to use them more then they were intended to be.
    Mixing more gasoline with ethanol really isn't a great plan.
    Gasoline is carbon based and therefor promotes detonation. Ethanol does not have a measurable octane rating because it is not carbon based. Adding more gas to E defeats the purpose. The more gas you add the less effective ethanol is by nature. May as well throw 3 gallons of c16 in there and call it a day.
    We will be implementing the Flex sensor in our secondary system and turning off the DI more than likely at higher boost/load levels. That way your fuel economy stays the same and you are able to get the best of both worldsClick here to enlarge
    I don't know if anyone has said anything about this... but this doesn't make sense??

ethanol most certainly has an octane rating, and the fact that standard petrol is carbon based has no bearing on it's ability to resist knock.. octane rating is determined by it's ability to resist detonation relative to 'octane' itself, and is conducted using a machine that compresses it until it detonates, it's then rated on how much more or less pressure it takes :/

heck, ethanol is carbon based too, it's called a 'hydrocarbon' for a reason. "CH3CH2OH"

Mixing gasoline (standard) and E85 has a purpose, even assuming your fuelling system was up to the task of pure E85, unleaded has a higher specific energy... if you could hit your boost target with only a lower percentage of ethanol and really didn't want to ever add more, there could well be power gains from the extra energy in unleaded
    however if you really just wanted to add as much boost as possible, of course pure E85 is the way to go for all it's advantages.

Ethanol has a RON rating of 108.7 FWIW...

i'm sure your work is excellent, and this kit will hopefully work very well

but it's worrying that you believe what you just wrote...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That explains all the ^__^ lol...i figured it was either an asian dude but was surprised it was a girl Click here to enlarge

Guess I gotta get my girl a bmw again so we can have some friendly competition lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm partner of a sports bar in old town scottsdale, I may stop by the shop one of these days if I ever get your tune if its open for drop ins. Its at the top of my list.
    What bar? Angela and I will stop in later

Garth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    I don't know if anyone has said anything about this... but this doesn't make sense??

ethanol most certainly has an octane rating, and the fact that standard petrol is carbon based has no bearing on it's ability to resist knock.. octane rating is determined by it's ability to resist detonation relative to 'octane' itself, and is conducted using a machine that compresses it until it detonates, it's then rated on how much more or less pressure it takes :/

heck, ethanol is carbon based too, it's called a 'hydrocarbon' for a reason. "CH3CH2OH"

Mixing gasoline (standard) and E85 has a purpose, even assuming your fuelling system was up to the task of pure E85, unleaded has a higher specific energy... if you could hit your boost target with only a lower percentage of ethanol and really didn't want to ever add more, there could well be power gains from the extra energy in unleaded
    however if you really just wanted to add as much boost as possible, of course pure E85 is the way to go for all it's advantages.

Ethanol has a RON rating of 108.7 FWIW...

i'm sure your work is excellent, and this kit will hopefully work very well

but it's worrying that you believe what you just wrote...
    Your statement is correct however I do have a little more input than I'd like to write on an iPhone. Lol. Will respond later on a full size keyboard.

Garth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Couple of things:

1. Ethanol has a lower specific energy, but since it takes more of it to hit your AFR target there is more energy per mass of air. This is what matters.
    2. Mixing Ethanol with gasoline, while it does lower the knock resistance, still has value if your fuel system is limited in its ethanol capacity (either LPFP, HPFP, lines, spraying cylinder walls, corrosion, etc...)
    3. C16 costs more than Ethanol and doesn't come out of the pump down the road.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Intake manifold should provide an even flow across the cylinders. Better manifold designs can be found from here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ld-simulations

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What bar? Angela and I will stop in later

Garth
    It's called Upper deck. It's being renamed to Blitz Sports Bar. We took it over a few months ago and have lots of plans and work to do!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow the thread just exploded after the revelation of angie being a girl LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's called Upper deck. It's being renamed to Blitz Sports Bar. We took it over a few months ago and have lots of plans and work to do!
    sweet! Is it open???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Btw taking today off. Responses will come tomorrow Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys are located in Jersey??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Couple of things:

1. Ethanol has a lower specific energy, but since it takes more of it to hit your AFR target there is more energy per mass of air. This is what matters.
    2. Mixing Ethanol with gasoline, while it does lower the knock resistance, still has value if your fuel system is limited in its ethanol capacity (either LPFP, HPFP, lines, spraying cylinder walls, corrosion, etc...)
    3. C16 costs more than Ethanol and doesn't come out of the pump down the road.
    From memory it's what.. 30% less energy per ml of ethanol over petrol.. How much is usually injected?

say you wanted to hit 14psi, regardless of fuel.. And you could do this on unleaded OR e85, if you had pure e85, how much more would need to be injected to maintain good AFR's? Would it just be 30%?
    ... From a quick google, yes just 30%

it's still just situations where you aim for more boost than is physically possible on unleaded where e85 comes alive, correct?

Your statement is correct however I do have a little more input than I'd like to write on an iPhone. Lol. Will respond later on a full size keyboard.

Garth
    Thanks, i'm sure not all of what i said is correct, but i can't know until someone who does gives some input Click here to enlarge

as someone who usually types on an iphone (and is).. Knowthatfeel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ​busy working guys. We will keep you posted. Building harness nowClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    You guys are located in Jersey??
    Yes we're in south jersey right across the bridge from PhillyPhilly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Btw taking today off. Responses will come tomorrow Click here to enlarge
    You're pretty.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Yes we're in south jersey right across the bridge from PhillyPhilly
    I will be making a visit when the car is back! I want to check out your shop...

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast