Close

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 909

Thread: Our ProEFI N54

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get a female on a BMW forum and guys forget how to spell or use proper grammar.
    LOOL OMG...good catch sticky
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Lol well yeah that too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    545
    Rep Points
    1,273.3
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    PERFECT EXAMPLE AS TO WHY I LOVE BEING LITTLE!!!!! ^__^

    Garth and his big arms couldn't quite reach and tighten a clamp, so I stuck my hand in the strangest spot and held it there hahahah

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Day 2 is almost complete!

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    545
    Rep Points
    1,273.3
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok guys Click here to enlarge day 2 is complete ^__^

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    we most likely will be NOT working tomorrow... I will however be checking the thread.
    enjoy the rest of your weekend!!! <3

  5. #230
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    236
    Rep Points
    21.0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    AWH Thanks, that's why Garth loves me
    Please educate my GF on that, that would be epic win. Great progress, excited to see what the proefi can do with this platform
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the wonderful communication Angie. When do you think you'll get to secondary fuel injection tuning?

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    545
    Rep Points
    1,273.3
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the wonderful communication Angie. When do you think you'll get to secondary fuel injection tuning?
    Mid-week ^__^

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Mid-week ^__^
    I'm partner of a sports bar in old town scottsdale, I may stop by the shop one of these days if I ever get your tune if its open for drop ins. Its at the top of my list.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    We are not planning on ditching the DI by any means. We have control of themClick here to enlarge I just don't think we want to use them more then they were intended to be.
    Mixing more gasoline with ethanol really isn't a great plan.
    Gasoline is carbon based and therefor promotes detonation. Ethanol does not have a measurable octane rating because it is not carbon based. Adding more gas to E defeats the purpose. The more gas you add the less effective ethanol is by nature. May as well throw 3 gallons of c16 in there and call it a day.
    We will be implementing the Flex sensor in our secondary system and turning off the DI more than likely at higher boost/load levels. That way your fuel economy stays the same and you are able to get the best of both worldsClick here to enlarge
    I don't know if anyone has said anything about this... but this doesn't make sense??

    ethanol most certainly has an octane rating, and the fact that standard petrol is carbon based has no bearing on it's ability to resist knock.. octane rating is determined by it's ability to resist detonation relative to 'octane' itself, and is conducted using a machine that compresses it until it detonates, it's then rated on how much more or less pressure it takes :/

    heck, ethanol is carbon based too, it's called a 'hydrocarbon' for a reason. "CH3CH2OH"

    Mixing gasoline (standard) and E85 has a purpose, even assuming your fuelling system was up to the task of pure E85, unleaded has a higher specific energy... if you could hit your boost target with only a lower percentage of ethanol and really didn't want to ever add more, there could well be power gains from the extra energy in unleaded
    however if you really just wanted to add as much boost as possible, of course pure E85 is the way to go for all it's advantages.

    Ethanol has a RON rating of 108.7 FWIW...

    i'm sure your work is excellent, and this kit will hopefully work very well

    but it's worrying that you believe what you just wrote...

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Points
    1,377.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    +1

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,327
    Rep Points
    2,780.2
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    That explains all the ^__^ lol...i figured it was either an asian dude but was surprised it was a girl Click here to enlarge

    Guess I gotta get my girl a bmw again so we can have some friendly competition lol

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    545
    Rep Points
    1,273.3
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I'm partner of a sports bar in old town scottsdale, I may stop by the shop one of these days if I ever get your tune if its open for drop ins. Its at the top of my list.
    What bar? Angela and I will stop in later

    Garth

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    545
    Rep Points
    1,273.3
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    I don't know if anyone has said anything about this... but this doesn't make sense??

    ethanol most certainly has an octane rating, and the fact that standard petrol is carbon based has no bearing on it's ability to resist knock.. octane rating is determined by it's ability to resist detonation relative to 'octane' itself, and is conducted using a machine that compresses it until it detonates, it's then rated on how much more or less pressure it takes :/

    heck, ethanol is carbon based too, it's called a 'hydrocarbon' for a reason. "CH3CH2OH"

    Mixing gasoline (standard) and E85 has a purpose, even assuming your fuelling system was up to the task of pure E85, unleaded has a higher specific energy... if you could hit your boost target with only a lower percentage of ethanol and really didn't want to ever add more, there could well be power gains from the extra energy in unleaded
    however if you really just wanted to add as much boost as possible, of course pure E85 is the way to go for all it's advantages.

    Ethanol has a RON rating of 108.7 FWIW...

    i'm sure your work is excellent, and this kit will hopefully work very well

    but it's worrying that you believe what you just wrote...
    Your statement is correct however I do have a little more input than I'd like to write on an iPhone. Lol. Will respond later on a full size keyboard.

    Garth

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Couple of things:

    1. Ethanol has a lower specific energy, but since it takes more of it to hit your AFR target there is more energy per mass of air. This is what matters.
    2. Mixing Ethanol with gasoline, while it does lower the knock resistance, still has value if your fuel system is limited in its ethanol capacity (either LPFP, HPFP, lines, spraying cylinder walls, corrosion, etc...)
    3. C16 costs more than Ethanol and doesn't come out of the pump down the road.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Points
    1,377.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Intake manifold should provide an even flow across the cylinders. Better manifold designs can be found from here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ld-simulations

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    What bar? Angela and I will stop in later

    Garth
    It's called Upper deck. It's being renamed to Blitz Sports Bar. We took it over a few months ago and have lots of plans and work to do!

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    160.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    wow the thread just exploded after the revelation of angie being a girl LOL

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    545
    Rep Points
    1,273.3
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    It's called Upper deck. It's being renamed to Blitz Sports Bar. We took it over a few months ago and have lots of plans and work to do!
    sweet! Is it open???

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    545
    Rep Points
    1,273.3
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13



    Yes Reputation No
    Btw taking today off. Responses will come tomorrow Click here to enlarge

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    67
    Rep Points
    201.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    You guys are located in Jersey??

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Couple of things:

    1. Ethanol has a lower specific energy, but since it takes more of it to hit your AFR target there is more energy per mass of air. This is what matters.
    2. Mixing Ethanol with gasoline, while it does lower the knock resistance, still has value if your fuel system is limited in its ethanol capacity (either LPFP, HPFP, lines, spraying cylinder walls, corrosion, etc...)
    3. C16 costs more than Ethanol and doesn't come out of the pump down the road.
    From memory it's what.. 30% less energy per ml of ethanol over petrol.. How much is usually injected?

    say you wanted to hit 14psi, regardless of fuel.. And you could do this on unleaded OR e85, if you had pure e85, how much more would need to be injected to maintain good AFR's? Would it just be 30%?
    ... From a quick google, yes just 30%

    it's still just situations where you aim for more boost than is physically possible on unleaded where e85 comes alive, correct?


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Your statement is correct however I do have a little more input than I'd like to write on an iPhone. Lol. Will respond later on a full size keyboard.


    Garth
    Thanks, i'm sure not all of what i said is correct, but i can't know until someone who does gives some input Click here to enlarge


    as someone who usually types on an iphone (and is).. Knowthatfeel.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    260
    Rep Points
    407.9
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    ​busy working guys. We will keep you posted. Building harness nowClick here to enlarge

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    260
    Rep Points
    407.9
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    You guys are located in Jersey??
    Yes we're in south jersey right across the bridge from PhillyPhilly

  24. #249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,195.0
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    Btw taking today off. Responses will come tomorrow Click here to enlarge
    You're pretty.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,327
    Rep Points
    2,780.2
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Yes we're in south jersey right across the bridge from PhillyPhilly
    I will be making a visit when the car is back! I want to check out your shop...

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •