Close

View Poll Results: Does the public want a Vargas single turbo upgrade or twin turbo upgrade?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vargas TT upgrade with Garrett GTX2863R

64 82.05%
  • Vargas ST upgrade with BW EFR 8374

14 17.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

totally just clicked that at work, i should learn how to read...
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @VargasTurboTech Sorry mate, I did not mean this post to come out offensive at all. I typed it up late last night after a long day.

Anyway, if anything, my frustration with turbo upgrades is rooted in the fact that there are no real OTS maps for flash tunes (Cobb) and as far as I know there are none for the piggies either. So the end user is left with the headache to do e-tuning and tinkering with tables which are NOT designed for the aftermarket turbines. That in my opinion is even worse than half-assing it.

Look, as a consumer, I personally do not care how complicated the plumbing will be. I won't be installing it. I'd gladly pay a well reputed shop to get that installed for me. What I do care about however is driveability and reliability, both of which are extremely dependent on the ability of the hardware to be tuned. If you come up with some weird ass turbo config (looks like you are not going to do that) then tuning the system will require many hours of dyno testing and many many miles on the road, something that the end consumer is not willing to do.

As usual, until I see a final product release from your shop combined with proven tuning, I reserve my right to remain skeptical about this project. This platform has seen way to many attempts at this, most of which were completely fruitless and some of which ended up with people flat out lying and posting fake dyno graphs.

I am certainly hoping that this won't be the case with your project as I think this community needs more options for more power. However, given the past record of turbo attempts, my tolerance for bull$#@! is very very low. You seem like a very knowledgeable guy and there are a few people who will vouch for you, so you deserve the benefit of the doubt. Click here to enlarge

I honestly wish you the best of luck on this project, and please forgive me if I come out as overly skeptical and too scrutinizing. I just want great products, not mediocre ones.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    most of which were completely fruitless and some of which ended up with people flat out lying and posting fake dyno graphs.
    Just because a teenager on a forum did this to try to look cool does not mean professional companies will. I seriously doubt we will see fake dyno graphs here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

@Sticky Look at the HPF's turbo attempt. Professional company? Check. Poor tuning? Check. Units sold? 1, maybe 2.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky Look at the HPF's turbo attempt. Professional company? Check. Poor tuning? Check. Units sold? 1, maybe 2.
    What are you talking about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Shiv's tuning, so what are you talking about? Unless you feel Shiv is a poor tuner which I guess I don't blame you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Shiv provided them a base map that would work with a single, HPF did the tuning themselves. The issue is/was HPF's hack job of a kit... that whole ordeal is/was embarrassing.

You guys are ridiculous.
    Last edited by jpsimon; 09-26-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why are people complaining and scrutinzing about upgraded twins that HAVE NOT BEEN BUILT YET! Seriously, Vargas does not even have to build upgraded twins so I'm just happy for someone at least trying or discussing the idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

people have nothing better to do
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Haha. I honestly enjoy reading all this. It doesn't discourage me. At least people are passionate about the platform. I can assure everyone I am doing my best to make this happen, and honestly it looks completely feasible now that I have 2 cars and have seen the room we have. There will be some issues but nothing that cant be over come.
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N55 World Record: 11.4 ET / 123MPH(AT) - 11.7ET / 122.7MPH(MT)
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 699WHP / 691WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record: 585WHP / 537WTQ
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

HPF's kit isnt even for sale, It says "

"Coming soon. Please contact us for details."

So who cares. HPF will get it right, they are good tuners, they had a magazine article and tried to make it look better then it was. Oh well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Surprised that HPF went & made their bomb single turbo for the S54, skipped any serious mods for the S65 & decided to go after the single turbo kit on the N54
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Theoretically, with a twin GTX2863r setup, when would full boost be achieved on a N54?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Theoretically, with a twin GTX2863r setup, when would full boost be achieved on a N54?
    The exhaust turbine AR is pretty large. I'm no expert but i'll say full spool by 4-5k rpm. They are GTX series though, it will be interesting.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Haha. I honestly enjoy reading all this. It doesn't discourage me. At least people are passionate about the platform. I can assure everyone I am doing my best to make this happen, and honestly it looks completely feasible now that I have 2 cars and have seen the room we have. There will be some issues but nothing that cant be over come.
    I dont suppose there is enough room on an xi car though? I would imagine the axle would be in the way for anything but the stock turbo setup? I would love to get a set of new twins... but I'm sure us xi guys will probably be stuck with a set of stage 2's due to the lack of room.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Love the spirit!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onesuperboi Click here to enlarge
    Why are people complaining and scrutinzing about upgraded twins that HAVE NOT BEEN BUILT YET! Seriously, Vargas does not even have to build upgraded twins so I'm just happy for someone at least trying or discussing the idea.
    Because they think they know better than the people making the parts.

Exactly, let them build it first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    HPF's kit isnt even for sale, It says "

"Coming soon. Please contact us for details."

So who cares. HPF will get it right, they are good tuners, they had a magazine article and tried to make it look better then it was. Oh well.
    Vishnu had an Insideline article and tried to make theirs look better than it was.

Exactly right, HPF will get their hardware down and release it when they are ready. The S54 market keeps them busy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Surprised that HPF went & made their bomb single turbo for the S54, skipped any serious mods for the S65 & decided to go after the single turbo kit on the N54
    Why?

The S65 is dominated by superchargers. The investment isn't worth it to get a turbo working plus you don't have the space you do with the S54. Not to mention tuning issues with the far more complex ECU. Then the DCT, then... it's a mess that would take tons of money to get right.

The N54 makes far more sense from a business standpoint.

I swear you guys act like this is Gran Turismo sometimes and not real time, cost, and development.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

I swear you guys act like this is Gran Turismo sometimes and not real time, cost, and development.
    Well in Forza I can put a turbo in my S65 e92 m3 Click here to enlarge. I might get a little confused with that and real life haha.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why?

The S65 is dominated by superchargers. The investment isn't worth it to get a turbo working plus you don't have the space you do with the S54. Not to mention tuning issues with the far more complex ECU. Then the DCT, then... it's a mess that would take tons of money to get right.

The N54 makes far more sense from a business standpoint.

Fully aware that adding power to an engine that came turbo'd is much easier (and less costly) to upgrade the car that started n/a and then adding f/i into the mix. And I don't think the DCT is a huge issues, especially since it's already in the 135/335is and people have slapped RB's onto that.

And it's not like turbos on an S65 isn't non-existent (the SavSpeed project), just nobodys heard any updates and (like you mentioned) there are already an abundance of quality supercharger options readily available.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

And I don't think the DCT is a huge issues
    Heheh, oh really?

And it's not like turbos on an S65 isn't non-existent (the SavSpeed project), just nobodys heard any updates and (like you mentioned) there are already an abundance of quality supercharger options readily available.
    When Savspeed releases a kit let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

TT sounds amazing! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Sweet! Twin EFRs???

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast