Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

looking for a cheap set of rear wheels for the strip

i'm not wanting to go all out... i just want to try going to the track with some drag tires... i've been looking for some cheap new or used wheels but i'm not quite sure what i'm supposed to look for when it comes to fitment on the c63... i've tried to educate myself on what offset means and spacers... but it's still very new to me... the sizes below are some that i found and i'm wondering if any of them would work...

i'm currently on stock 18s and i think it's possible to fit 17s in the rear and put some drag tires on there... this would be safe to drive to the track right? it may look a tad awkward with the front being higher i'm sure...

17x7.5 et45
    17x7.5 et50
    17x8 et50
    18x8 et45
    18x8.5 et42
    18x8 et50

i also found some used wheels locally and i don't know if they would fit... someone is selling 17s off a 2000 SLK... and also 18s from a c-class... he didn't mention which c-class but here is the listing...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/pts/3238251147.html

i thought offset was the most important... but during my research, i found a c63 owner who put 19s on his car with a low offset and added spacers which made it even lower... and the wheels stuck out a little bit... so that confused me more...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to wheels and tires.

Talk to wheels boutique @CoreyWB

Please don't link to other forums, especially those that block links here.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to wheels and tires.

Talk to wheels boutique @CoreyWB

Please don't link to other forums, especially those that block links here.
    sorry about that... i removed the link...

i only posted the link because i had PMed you a while back if links were allowed and you said there were no rules against that...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whatever you do, please do not use spacers!

What's your budget on the setup? Which tires would you like to run? What year is your C63?

I'd be more than glad to help you find whatever you need. Feel free to call me, email me, PM me, or discuss it all here.

edit: Another note to add is, you need to realize you get out what you put into the wheels. If you buy an off the shelf cheap wheel, you have a better chance of breaking/cracking that wheel since you will be riding it hard on a track.

I always suggest quality over quantity. As always I would advise HRE or ADV.1 (track spec series) as a track wheel. These may be slightly higher than what you would aspect on price, but the quality surely surpasses the price point.
    Last edited by CoreyWB; 09-25-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejae Click here to enlarge
    i only posted the link because i had PMed you a while back if links were allowed and you said there were no rules against that...
    There aren't, it's just more of an etiquette thing. I wouldn't punish you or anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CoreyWB Click here to enlarge
    Whatever you do, please do not use spacers!

What's your budget on the setup? Which tires would you like to run? What year is your C63?

I'd be more than glad to help you find whatever you need. Feel free to call me, email me, PM me, or discuss it all here.

edit: Another note to add is, you need to realize you get out what you put into the wheels. If you buy an off the shelf cheap wheel, you have a better chance of breaking/cracking that wheel since you will be riding it hard on a track.

I always suggest quality over quantity. As always I would advise HRE or ADV.1 (track spec series) as a track wheel. These may be slightly higher than what you would aspect on price, but the quality surely surpasses the price point.
    my main problem is the size... since i don't know what the minimum requirements are for my car, i can't really shop as freely... i'm sure i can find wheels that are quality enough to run down the 1/4 mile... 2010 c63 sedan... for tires i was thinking mickey thompson et streets... and whatever the largest that would fit depending on the wheel size... budget on the wheels would vary depending on used or new... around $500 would be nice...

There aren't, it's just more of an etiquette thing. I wouldn't punish you or anything.
    no problem sir! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my main problem is the size... since i don't know what the minimum requirements are for my car, i can't really shop as freely... i'm sure i can find wheels that are quality enough to run down the 1/4 mile... 2010 c63 sedan... for tires i was thinking mickey thompson et streets... and whatever the largest that would fit depending on the wheel size... budget on the wheels would vary depending on used or new... around $500 would be nice...
    I think 17 you can do.

Keep in mind, with a rear set build for you then you can get more aggressive with fitment.

I recommend finding the cheapest set Corey can have built for you that are still fairly light/strong. You want light and strong for a drag application.

You only need 2 rims so the price won't hurt that much. I think 16 will be pushing it but @CoreyWB should know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After checking a few different specs, you cant run a 16 inch wheels. There is just no way for it to go over the rotor and brake caliper. Even with a 17 inch you are still limiting your options to very very very slim chance. I would suggest against both. I would stick to a current 18 inch setup and just run a super sticky tire. We can make you a set of HRE Comp Series or ADV.1 one piece or Track Spec wheels for the rear. Just let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After checking a few different specs, you cant run a 16 inch wheels. There is just no way for it to go over the rotor and brake caliper. Even with a 17 inch you are still limiting your options to very very very slim chance. I would suggest against both. I would stick to a current 18 inch setup and just run a super sticky tire. We can make you a set of HRE Comp Series or ADV.1 one piece or Track Spec wheels for the rear. Just let me know.
    I have seen guys at the track clear a 17. I think a properly made 17 will work for him but don't want to step on toes here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have seen guys at the track clear a 17. I think a properly made 17 will work for him but don't want to step on toes here.
    @Sticky I didn't say 17's wouldn't work. I said that 16's will not work. 17's are leaving so little room that I would suggest against it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky I didn't say 17's wouldn't work. I said that 16's will not work. 17's are leaving so little room that I would suggest against it.
    Gotcha.

I know you made your suggestions with HRE or ADV but are there are many cost effective options just to list should he want to go a different route?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gotcha.

I know you made your suggestions with HRE or ADV but are there are many cost effective options just to list should he want to go a different route?
    Of course! I would also suggest BBS as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    since you haven't commented on my list of different wheel sizes... does that mean none of those specs will work on my car?

if that's the case, what are the specs i should be looking for? such as offset and width?

there's a guy who fit a set of 18" enkei gtc01 wheels on his car but he doesn't know the offsets. the specs below are the only sizes available in the 5x112 bolt pattern

18x8 et35 20.55 lbs
    18x8 et50 21.85 lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    since you haven't commented on my list of different wheel sizes... does that mean none of those specs will work on my car?

if that's the case, what are the specs i should be looking for? such as offset and width?

there's a guy who fit a set of 18" enkei gtc01 wheels on his car but he doesn't know the offsets. the specs below are the only sizes available in the 5x112 bolt pattern

18x8 et35 20.55 lbs
    18x8 et50 21.85 lbs
    The specs that you have listed may work but are narrower than your stock fitment. For just a rear change you need to be looking for a wider wheel. I would suggest 18x9 or 18x9.5 (rear), this way you can have more meat in the rear for grip.

As I said before, when limiting your selection to just a narrow market, without buying a custom wheel/fitment, you have a only a few options.