Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Help with tire fitment on M3 offset wheels for e90 335i?

Ok I bought a used set of avant garde 310s from a friend. They are at the powder coater now. Im concerned about the rear wheels because they are 19x9.5 +22 offset. I already ordered tires which should arrive this upcoming week. The rear tires are 265/30/19s. My car is a Pre LCI e90 335i so I believe I have a tad more clearance then the LCI e90s. A few weeks back I had my rear fenders rolled to allow the wheels/tires to fit. I am lowered on KW V1 coilovers, Ill attach a pic of how the car sits now. Ive asked alot of people questions about this setup and Ive talked to people that are using +22 rear offsets. But Im getting a ton of different responses. So Im wondering if the 19x9.5 +22 offset wheel will work with a 265/30 tire on my car or if I wasted a lot of money doing all this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like it works? What is the current tire?

Didn't @ModBargains already answer this for you?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like it works? What is the current tire?

Didn't @ModBargains already answer this for you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That's his own thread... he's made like 5 of these.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @woptang22 -- John, gotta stop making repetitive threads. Just call a shop (VAC, Helix, Auto Couture, AK Motoring) and ask them if the wheels will fit. They'll be able to give you an answer on the spot.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive called everyone and emailed numerous shops asking the same questions. But everyone give me a different answer and is repluctant to give me an answer because Im not buying anything. I see people use the setup but when I ask them, they dont want to be bothered. Yes modbargains answered the question, but their answer was different from any others I get. THe administrator can delete the threads if its taking up too much forum space. Ill just wait and see if they fit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    Ive called everyone and emailed numerous shops asking the same questions. But everyone give me a different answer and is repluctant to give me an answer because Im not buying anything. I see people use the setup but when I ask them, they dont want to be bothered. Yes modbargains answered the question, but their answer was different from any others I get. THe administrator can delete the threads if its taking up too much forum space. Ill just wait and see if they fit.
    It's not taking up too much space it's just repetitive. You can keep it all in 1 thread.

If the wheels are on what is the problem?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @woptang22 -- Pretty sure you spoke with VAC (wasn't sure what their recomendation was), but try calling ACM & MAC. Auto Couture & MAC build more "show" cars, so they'll know if these wheels will work with fender rolling. VAC & Turner Motorsports build more race-focused cars, so they'll be giving you an opinion with a different perspective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There not on the car yet I was trying to figure it all out before I went and sent the wheels to the powder coater and ordered new tires. But I got some answers saying it would work, so I sent them to powder coat and bought the tires. THen numerous people said they wouldnt work on my car. I got a little worried and posted too many times trying to get a definitive answer. But Ill be picking them up from powder coat today. A this point if they work good, if not looks like Im screwed.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's not taking up too much space it's just repetitive. You can keep it all in 1 thread.

If the wheels are on what is the problem?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I tried numerous places and no one seems to give me a good answer. Or a definitive answer. But I think it was ither VMR or ecs tuning that responded today and said these offsets are the ones they tell their customers to get that want aggressive fitment. So it seems as if it may work.
    @woptang22 -- Pretty sure you spoke with VAC (wasn't sure what their recomendation was), but try calling ACM & MAC. Auto Couture & MAC build more "show" cars, so they'll know if these wheels will work with fender rolling. VAC & Turner Motorsports build more race-focused cars, so they'll be giving you an opinion with a different perspective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I tried numerous places and no one seems to give me a good answer. Or a definitive answer. But I think it was ither VMR or ecs tuning that responded today and said these offsets are the ones they tell their customers to get that want aggressive fitment. So it seems as if it may work.
    Ok, seems we will find out shortly. Let us know when you get them back and the tire specs and all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky, I finally got the wheels on. So far so good. Im very surprised the rear hasnt rubbed yet. I cant fit a finger between the tire and rear fender. But no issues so far. The fronts desperately need spacers though. I believe they are 19x8.5 with a +35 offset. I ended up going with a 225/35/19 front tire because 235/35 was backordered. So its a bit stretched on the wheel. I think spacers will make it look alot better. Ill attach a few pics but the quality is horrible. It was a cloudy, rainy day out and my camera phone wouldnt capture the color of the wheel so I had to turn the brightness up causing the pics to look terrible. But Ill get better pics soon. But heres what I have. Sorry for how crappy the pics are. And thank you and everyone else for helping me out and dealing with my threads. I apologize for the repetative threads.
    Ok, seems we will find out shortly. Let us know when you get them back and the tire specs and all.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky, I finally got the wheels on. So far so good. Im very surprised the rear hasnt rubbed yet. I cant fit a finger between the tire and rear fender. But no issues so far. The fronts desperately need spacers though. I believe they are 19x8.5 with a +35 offset. I ended up going with a 225/35/19 front tire because 235/35 was backordered. So its a bit stretched on the wheel. I think spacers will make it look alot better. Ill attach a few pics but the quality is horrible. It was a cloudy, rainy day out and my camera phone wouldnt capture the color of the wheel so I had to turn the brightness up causing the pics to look terrible. But Ill get better pics soon. But heres what I have. Sorry for how crappy the pics are. And thank you and everyone else for helping me out and dealing with my threads. I apologize for the repetative threads.
    What's the back tire?

The rear looks aggressive, looks good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The rear is 19x9.5 +22. And the tire is 265/30/19. Im happy I had my fenders rolled in the rear because if I didnt this setup would not work. Im still stunned I havent heard any rubbing yet. Theres little room between the tire and fender.
    What's the back tire?

The rear looks aggressive, looks good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks good, how much did the powder coating set you back?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Powder coat was $550 including tax. My buddy got his wheels done flat black at the same place and it was $80 a wheel. Mine supposedly had a black chrome base coat, and then 2 coats of candy blue. The second coat of candy blue was to make it a darker color blue.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Looks good, how much did the powder coating set you back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No center caps?? Glad this worked out for you in the end

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The center caps my friend still has. I thinking of just using the BMW center caps since I have them from my stock wheels. My buddy was using them on his other wheels until the iforged center caps got powder coated. So the AG centers are in the shop along with his car lol. THanks Eric.
    No center caps?? Glad this worked out for you in the end

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish i had seen this sooner, but you can cram 19x10+22 in the rear with slight rolling and trimming of the fender liner.

I am one of the OGs when it comes to aggressive fitment...I used to run 19x10+22 on an E92 all around on my girls car...some pulling never hurt Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I wish you did see it, lol I was going crazy trying to figure out if these wheels would work on my car. But they do ao I got lucky. Im glad they fit because I love the aggressive rear wheels. Now to put spacers on the front. THe front is 19x8.5 and I have a 225/35 tire which is stretched. I ordered a 15mm spacer. Please tell me that will fit lol., I dont have my front fenders rolled. But it seems I have 3/4 inch between the tire and fender lip and I believe thats around 19mm which should leave 4 mm clearance correct?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I wish i had seen this sooner, but you can cram 19x10+22 in the rear with slight rolling and trimming of the fender liner.

I am one of the OGs when it comes to aggressive fitment...I used to run 19x10+22 on an E92 all around on my girls car...some pulling never hurt Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Some updated photos..

I had some crappy photos before so I tried to take some decent pics. The front wheels need spacers badly. I ordered 15mm spacers last night. Im hoping they fit. LOL. Everyone please give your opinions on the wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like the design of the wheels and the color just not sure about how well that color works with white. Definitely different!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When I saw the first pics I was thinking "why on earth would you want bright blue wheels on a white car".
    But on the last pictures the darker blue color comes out way better.
    Looks good actually. Not sure if it would work on any other color than white though.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I was totally sure how it would look either. But I just took a chance. And I like the outcome. THe blue looks good in person. But it will be a bit different for a while. I put the 15mm spacers on the front yesterday. It looks way better. I still have to get pics though. So now the front is +20 offset and rear is +22. Fits nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast