Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

PSI M5/M6 S85 G-Power SKII supercharger dynojet results

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I love the design but what I really want to see are the graphs.

I know you guys have some for the S85 applications, need to see those as well.
    Alright, Here is the graph way back from 2010 with the first ever S85 V10 - SK-II Kit we built. These are SAE corrected numbers, with 100% pump gas in the tank(93 octane here in FL) I suspect another 40 wheel could be had on race gas, which we will experiment with at a later date.

The first 2 runs were 5th gear, last 2 runs were 6th gear, which is really the proper gear to dyno the M5 in.

This car has the RD Sport Headers and Full Active Autowerke Exhaust.

Click here to enlarge

We will be putting out latest M6 SK-II build on the Dyno soon to have a comparison car to car, there have been several updates to the hardware and software of the kits.

Here also the video of the car on the video, stay tuned in late in the video to see the flames!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's a different mentality. UGR stuff and GT-R's are not the same type of client as an S85 G-power guy.
    Thanks Sticky. The 5 G-power S85 cars we have done were all for people with a simple love for their M5/M6 and wanted to improve it in any way possible.

A few of the cars we have done have 10s of thousands of miles on them since we completed the kit and one M5 we built is a daily driver and has been since 2010. I believe the customer has over 40,000 miles on the kit so far. He'll be in for regular maintenance soon and we will take a look at the mileage.

Al1l of these guys were not interested in Dyno graphs and HP numbers, it was a simple decision for them to build a car they love so much into something bigger and better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing that dyno of their S85 Kit. You can clearly see that low-mid range power is insane which seems to be very characteristic of the GPower kits! Looks monstrous. What am curious about is the big fall off in power after 7500RPM which seems to be very uncharacteristic of the S85B50. Either way, that car must be such a blast to drive. I really am a big fan of the GPower kits.

I definitely cannot WAIT to see you complete that E9X M3! It would be great if you can share and publicly post several dyno runs of stock and boosted! I bet that owner will be very pleased with the work you do. Keep it up guys!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
    Alright, Here is the graph way back from 2010 with the first ever S85 V10 - SK-II Kit we built. These are SAE corrected numbers, with 100% pump gas in the tank(93 octane here in FL) I suspect another 40 wheel could be had on race gas, which we will experiment with at a later date.

The first 2 runs were 5th gear, last 2 runs were 6th gear, which is really the proper gear to dyno the M5 in.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...23dfbc_o-1.jpg

We will be putting out latest M6 SK-II build on the Dyno soon to have a comparison car to car, there have been several updates to the hardware and software of the kits.

Here also the video of the car on the video, stay tuned in late in the video to see the flames!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...;v=-vZ55Teghxc

Do you have SK-III dyno? I saw a M6 RR in Istanbul GP and the owner claimed a hefty 700whp on Dyno Dynamics on race gas.

IMHO regarding to the stock internal kits, 580whp isn't enough to justify the +$40,000 price tag. FBO and PPM Stroker kit give you the same power with half price you pay for SK-II. If i were spending +$40,000 for supercharger, i would double it and build a SK-III.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

We have not built any SK-III, the cost has been definitely a deterrent for any customers who have been quoted. Also, keep in mind that this kit has been available since 2006, back then M5s were 100K.

The more recent SK-II cars we have built feel a lot faster than this original car and I strongly believe they will Dyno over 600 rwhp.

Those claims from Instanbul are most likely true.

With that said, this is not all about the numbers. The cars are truly unbelievable to drive and on the highway especially they are simply unbeatable with the 7 speed transmission. Here is a (quite bumpy video) of one of our G-Power SK-II M6s on the highway in the Bahamas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...23dfbc_o-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-vZ55Teghxc
    Thanks for posting this, moved to its own thread.

I remember seeing these graphs a while back and was impressed with the power. Just wish there was more G-Power info out there for people but I'll help you guys with that aspect.

Looking forward to your newer M6 build to see how the hardware updates translate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Also, keep in mind that this kit has been available since 2006, back then M5s were 100K.
    This is a very good point and the cost has been sort of the main issue in many people not looking at the G-power its more closely.

Not trying to be negative by any means buy 45k+ for the sc setup compared to newer setups around the 15k mark is a large disparity although as you correctly stated they had working SC setups way before anyone else on the S85.