Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No

    29cd code / Log help

    Hey guys recently i've been running into 29dc and cel's when wot, Plugs are pretty new along with latest fuel pump recall. Hoping you guys can help tell me whats up with these logs.

    Here is the first log boost looks a bit low, its on map 5 mods only other mods are dci and no secondary cats / resonator..

    Click here to enlarge

    This is the log where it hits a cel and whats sounds like misfiring..

    Click here to enlarge
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    573
    Rep Points
    662.7
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Swap coil 1 with 2 and see if it follows.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Swap coil 1 with 2 and see if it follows.
    How do I see if it follows? I don't get a misfire code just 29dc.. Is there something in the logs that point you to that?
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,139.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    29cd is cylinder 1 misfire!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    573
    Rep Points
    662.7
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Is it 29CD or 29DC? CD is cylinder 1 misfire. DC is cylinder injection cutoff. A quick search says it could be your low pressure fuel pump.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Is it 29CD or 29DC? CD is cylinder 1 misfire. DC is cylinder injection cutoff. A quick search says it could be your low pressure fuel pump.
    Woops meant 29DC!
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    its under warranty so ill remove tune and take it in monday, cel is staying on even after cycling the car on and off.
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    961
    Rep Points
    1,139.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Either LPFP or that stupid LP sensor. I would change out the sensor first

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    If it's under warranty just take the tune off and get it fixed...let us know the outcome
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    If it's under warranty just take the tune off and get it fixed...let us know the outcome
    Haven't been able to get it in the dealer as cel cleared itself and they won't do any free diagnosing unless there is a cel on... hate my dealer... Anyways I got misfire on cylinder 1-3 : / so annoyed as its hard to replicate and dosent miss every time I go wot and the cel clears itself..
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    107.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Just last week I switched my jb4 to map 0 and loaded the Cobb stage2+fmic map. First full throttle run I got misfires on cyl 1,2 and 3. I ordered plugs yesterday, but I'm very interested in seeing what you come up with. Terry suggested I could have an 02 or fuel sensor issue because all 3 cyl on the first bank having misfires. It's understandable, but I thought I would have more codes if there was a 02 or fuel sensor issue. Ill let you know what I come up with. I'm hoping to get this solved quickly so I can get my protune by Jake. I also wonder if this could be dirty intake valves? Good luck!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,833
    Rep Points
    2,295.8
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What is your fuel pressure on the csv file? your car looks very unhappy. AFR isn't stable timing is terrible. are you running e85? if i had to guess i would say too much e85 for a LPFP on its way out. fill up with 93/91 what ever you have and see if problem continues. keep an eye on fuel pressure on the csv file. i think it's labeled as oil temp or oil pressure but that's actually fuel pressure. if you're below 62 your LPFP can't keep up. Like I said if you're on e85, go with straight 93/91 and see what your fuel pressure looks like. If it's still bad you need a new LPFP or FP sensor. There is a way to tell in INPA if it's your FP sensor. A bunch of guys just had to replace theirs and the DIY is on here somewhere.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    What is your fuel pressure on the csv file? your car looks very unhappy. AFR isn't stable timing is terrible. are you running e85? if i had to guess i would say too much e85 for a LPFP on its way out. fill up with 93/91 what ever you have and see if problem continues. keep an eye on fuel pressure on the csv file. i think it's labeled as oil temp or oil pressure but that's actually fuel pressure. if you're below 62 your LPFP can't keep up. Like I said if you're on e85, go with straight 93/91 and see what your fuel pressure looks like. If it's still bad you need a new LPFP or FP sensor. There is a way to tell in INPA if it's your FP sensor. A bunch of guys just had to replace theirs and the DIY is on here somewhere.
    Those logs were with straight 91 no e85... Car feels fine stock I had open loop set to 80 or 75 in those logs with disabled auto learn fuel loop. Terry is telling me to lower it to 70 and log some more but I've been told by other to increase it to 90+. Car feels great starts fine no rough idle either. Can you use a bt cable for inpa or do you need a different cable?
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Burtonrider22 Click here to enlarge
    Just last week I switched my jb4 to map 0 and loaded the Cobb stage2+fmic map. First full throttle run I got misfires on cyl 1,2 and 3. I ordered plugs yesterday, but I'm very interested in seeing what you come up with. Terry suggested I could have an 02 or fuel sensor issue because all 3 cyl on the first bank having misfires. It's understandable, but I thought I would have more codes if there was a 02 or fuel sensor issue. Ill let you know what I come up with. I'm hoping to get this solved quickly so I can get my protune by Jake. I also wonder if this could be dirty intake valves? Good luck!
    Does your car act up on start up or idle? Mines totally fine till I go wot more then a few times. I'm with you on the lack of codes i would think more would be thrown related to the sensor itself but all I get are either 29dc or misfire/multiple misfire on cylinder 1-3. Could be the valves, they have never been cleaned in all of 68k miles, let me know if the spark plugs help your issue..
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Log fuel low pressure. Terry can help you with this as I don't know which version of the JB4 you are using.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Log fuel low pressure. Terry can help you with this as I don't know which version of the JB4 you are using.
    latest version and will do.. didn't see the drop down for it.
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,833
    Rep Points
    2,295.8
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    you have to look at the csv file. it's under oil pressure or oil temp. i don't remember exactly, but it's one or the other and you should see values around 72 +/- 10.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....


  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61
    Rep Points
    107.4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    Does your car act up on start up or idle? Mines totally fine till I go wot more then a few times. I'm with you on the lack of codes i would think more would be thrown related to the sensor itself but all I get are either 29dc or misfire/multiple misfire on cylinder 1-3. Could be the valves, they have never been cleaned in all of 68k miles, let me know if the spark plugs help your issue..
    Start up and idle aré fine. Only happens at WOT. Seems to be worse when it's cool out. my misfires happened the other day when it was 45°. Today was 75° and it ran good with no codes. ill keep you informed if I figure anything out.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I meant G4 or G5 or G5 iso?

    On G5 ISO FutureUseD=0 logs low pressure on oil in the CSV. Other versions may not have such settings...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    don't think I have fuel low pressure looked at the csv file and there was no oil temp
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    don't think I have fuel low pressure looked at the csv file and there was no oil temp
    Like I said... talk to Terry... Terry@burgertuning.com

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    UPDATE: here are some more logs.. Terry told me to set open loop at 70. Let me know how it looks. Map 5, 91oct. Only shifted around 6,000 donno why lol just felt like it..

    Click here to enlarge
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    801.6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What do your plugs look like. Your timing sucks both avg and ign.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    plugs were replaced 12k miles ago, ill look at them this weekend. dont think coils have ever been replaced should probably do those too..
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,833
    Rep Points
    2,295.8
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Honestly it looks terrible. Timing is terrible and AFR isn't great. You're getting throttle closures at the end of the run. Are you getting wheel spin while logging? if so turn traction control all the way off when logging just to eliminate wheel spin from you throttle closures. what octane are you running? Try a map 4 pull just to see what it looks like on stock boost and timing.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •