Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

E85 mix dyno results with Jb4

I Posted this on another E85 thread but i guess that one turned into a trainwreck anyway 2008 335i Jb4 Dci
    starting runnin 25/75 E85/93 yesterday. did quite a few WOT in map 5 last night and today. had the car dyno'd on a mustang dynamometer in Florida 90+ degrees

stock(map 0) 271HP/298TQ
    Map 5 302HP/369TQ
    Map 2 326HP/375TQ

maybe map 5 still hasn't properly adjusted.. also I haven't updated to the newer map 5. I didn't log so I'm not sure the actual boost on each run.

any thoughts?

if the new Map 5 is where Its at for E85 mix and anyone can help me update in the palm beach/broward county area let me kno. I'll buy ya beer/gas or pay ya. thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Graphs?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

By the sound of your thread I think you pm'ed me yesterday on e90post. PM me here and I'll update you provided you have the usb cable accessible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Graphs?
    I'll post them when I get home in a bit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Get the new map 5. You need to do 3 3rd gear rips after resetting the map, so dyno that first. You should do much more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Are you still running the old JB4 firmware? maybe you have the new with no E85 support, or the car did not adjust to it. Try doing some pulls before you take it to the dyno, and have it adjust.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Are you still running the old JB4 firmware? maybe you have the new with no E85 support, or the car did not adjust to it. Try doing some pulls before you take it to the dyno, and have it adjust.
    i have the older jb4 firmware. haven't updated it since I installed it in march. I did lots of pulls b4 the dyno but I've also seem some say it took up to a week to adjust on map 5 with the E85. but yes I definately need to update to the newer firmware. if any one can help me out PM me. im in south Florida. I have the cable but unfortunately did not route it when I did the install, so yea I'll pay someone with cash beer or gas of they can help me route the cable and update my firmware. I PM'd you BoostAddict.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Map 2 vs Map 5 with 25/75 E85/93 with older firmware
    Last edited by Ak335i; 09-20-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Just route the cable through the firewall. Updates are a big deal. You probably don't even have e85 support.

The people who say it takes a week to adapt are wrong. It takes 2-3 pulls to get there BUT you have to reset the map when you fill up. You can do this by selecting map 1 and then going back to Map 5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge

It takes 2-3 pulls to get there BUT you have to reset the map when you fill up. You can do this by selecting map 1 and then going back to Map 5.
    so wait, you mean i would have to reset the map when i fill up, as in to compensate for potentially having a different ratio of E85/93?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Map 2 vs Map 5 with 25/75 E85/93 with older firmware
    There we go.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Would need logs to check the tuning out, but keep in mind any time you select map 5 it resets. It's really not meant for dyno testing. Map 2 or 7 is best for that with E85 in the tank.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Would need logs to check the tuning out, but keep in mind any time you select map 5 it resets. It's really not meant for dyno testing. Map 2 or 7 is best for that with E85 in the tank.
    makes sense that Map 2 or 7 would be more consistent while dyno-ing..
    Terry, the newest updates for map 5 (keep in mind I'm running firmware from march) should be stronager with the E85 mix correct?
    once I get the cable routed and firmware updated, I'll figure out how to get logs and send some to you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Without seeing the JB4 log from the dyno runs it's hard to say if you'll make more or less power with the new firmware. But I'd guess more.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

so wait, you mean i would have to reset the map when i fill up, as in to compensate for potentially having a different ratio of E85/93?
    I do... It clears out the learned data. If you are running +/-10% probably not worth clearing. If you go from 91 only to a mix then definitely clear it. Like wise if you go from 50% to 0% you should clear also or you are going to pull a $#@! load of timing and be in the danger zone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

what firmware are you running? Order a USB ASAP if you dont have one yet... You can temporarily run it under the hood wrap on A pillar than through the gap between your door and fender into your front seat for an easier entrance to the car with the USB...

but routing through the firewall is the way to go...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    what firmware are you running? Order a USB ASAP if you dont have one yet... You can temporarily run it under the hood wrap on A pillar than through the gap between your door and fender into your front seat for an easier entrance to the car with the USB...

ive got the usb cable and am getting help routing it thru the firewall today, and also updating my firmware. Click here to enlargeill post up tonight or tomorrow with any results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

You should only reset the map if going from a heavy E85 mix down to 100% pump gas. Otherwise, just let it learn out the mixture change as normal.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge

Thing is you don't want to run it through the firewall if you are under warranty. I have no problem running it through the door since the wire is long enough to reach the laptop sitting on the seat. Takes just a minute to hook it up from the get go.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

well, ive been updated.. i swear with E85 and the new map 5, I feel a more noticeable gain than when I went from stock to jb4 back in march. it's been raining a lot here but I've managed quite a few pulls and it's definately learned up. im way impressed.. if anyone ihasnt tried an E85/93 mix with the new map 5... all I have to say is wow. and I'm only running 25/75 E85/93. I'll be figuring out how to log some runs and I'll send them to you Terry as soon as the roads dry up. good news is I'll have proof of the gains bcuz I dyno'd last week on thee same E85 mix without the update, so I'll re dyno soon on the same dyno with the same mix and mods and the new update..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Are you on the 18ohm or 15ohm and what is your milage? Oh and the rain sucks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Are you on the 18ohm or 15ohm and what is your milage? Oh and the rain sucks Click here to enlarge
    im gonna go out on a limb and say 18 bcuz I got the jb4 in march and haven't changed anything other than updating the firmware the other day.
    mpg is showing around 20.5 avg and I drive pretty spirited, but I haven't reset that since running E85 mix. but I'll say you WILL notice your fuel gauge sinking lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

well, ive been updated.. i swear with E85 and the new map 5, I feel a more noticeable gain than when I went from stock to jb4 back in march. it's been raining a lot here but I've managed quite a few pulls and it's definately learned up. im way impressed.. if anyone ihasnt tried an E85/93 mix with the new map 5... all I have to say is wow. and I'm only running 25/75 E85/93. I'll be figuring out how to log some runs and I'll send them to you Terry as soon as the roads dry up. good news is I'll have proof of the gains bcuz I dyno'd last week on thee same E85 mix without the update, so I'll re dyno soon on the same dyno with the same mix and mods and the new update..
    If you plan to use heavier mixes of E85 (50%) you should get a G5 now while you can do the cheap upgrade. I did it and I haven't looked back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    If you plan to use heavier mixes of E85 (50%) you should get a G5 now while you can do the cheap upgrade. I did it and I haven't looked back.
    Completely agree. I love my G5!!!! It definitely feels stronger. Not to mention that the G5 board sets you up for controlling larger turbo upgrades in the future Click here to enlarge
    Now I can't completely say it was completely the G5, but my 1/4 mile improved also.

Good luck
    Last edited by Todd135i; 09-25-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Slightly off topic, but does the G5 board simply plug into the P-n-P harness for the standard JB4 board? I read through the first post in the G5 thread and that seems to be the case. My harness has the white connector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast