Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pcockley Click here to enlarge
    sorry for the OT but would you (vargas) recommend ceramic coating the mani and turbo?
    Manifolds and turbine housings will most likely come ceramic coated. Any and all processes to keep heat in check in these engine bays is critical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Great progress Tony. Good luck man.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Manifolds and turbine housings will most likely come ceramic coated. Any and all processes to keep heat in check in these engine bays is critical.
    think that will be the case for the beta ones? i'd love to have it ceramic coated if that actually may help at all
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    think that will be the case for the beta ones? i'd love to have it ceramic coated if that actually may help at all
    Shoot I should have been more specific. That goes for the stage 3's, the stock location turbos are already pretty insulated with the double wall manifolds and all the heat shields BMW has in place. We wont be coating stage ones or 2's unless requested at an additional cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Fantastic commitment and progress. Looking forward to the results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

This definitely came up fast. Another option I see, and very interested in stage 2 and 3 results.

PS, ZZP uses log manifold on their kit. Believe they've hit 890 whp with it on one of their cobalt SS. Log manifolds can be built strong for sure. Wonder how they'll fit though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This definitely came up fast.
    I know right? Super quick work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I wonder that serves turbos then step 3 if no one is able to tune

rb look, anyone got more than 20psi tune them to efficiently
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    I wonder that serves turbos then step 3 if no one is able to tune

rb look, anyone got more than 20psi tune them to efficiently
    If I understand you correctly, since Vargas is using intern waste gates that default open like stock, any tune on the market should be able to tune stage 3.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    If I understand you correctly, since Vargas is using intern waste gates that default open like stock, any tune on the market should be able to tune stage 3.
    if that's true it's great news, but the reality is that now nobody will be able to get their full potential

the n54 has 6 years of activity and yet nobody has been able to create a new fuel boma

or injectors, or an intake manifold suitable to take full potential of this engine

According to Rob rb turbos are capable of 26psi but currently none have succeeded
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

if that's true it's great news, but the reality is that now nobody will be able to get their full potential

the n54 has 6 years of activity and yet nobody has been able to create a new fuel boma

or injectors, or an intake manifold suitable to take full potential of this engine

According to Rob rb turbos are capable of 26psi but currently none have succeeded
    I have to admit I am a little surprised by this too. I honestly dont think the stock intake manifold is an issue at this point. But I see the stock fuel system becoming one very soon. NO ONE out there has bigger injectors for these things if the limit is reached? Someone will step up once this need it realized, and honestly if the stock DME can only tune to 20 PSI someone needs to come up with a fix. The power levels these turbos can support will need more than 20 psi to get there. From what Terry has been saying he is developing a system to overcome the boosting issue and control normal wastegates. If this is the case lets do away with the vacuum actuators and save ourselves a lot of trouble with worrying about wastegate rattle and other issues using a system where the where gate is defaulted to open. How much boost is Shiv running with his Single. I honestly haven't checked, he seems to be having no issues controlling the tial gate which is boost actuated. I am doing my best to get the turbos needed to make the big numbers but someone needs to step up and try to figure out the other side. Terry can you tell me a little more about the boost control solution you are working on?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Shiv uses the AEM 3.5bar sensor which can read upwards of 35psi. He's been running around ~25psi+ on the single turbo with no issues.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I have to admit I am a little surprised by this too. I honestly dont think the stock intake manifold is an issue at this point. But I see the stock fuel system becoming one very soon. NO ONE out there has bigger injectors for these things if the limit is reached? Someone will step up once this need it realized, and honestly if the stock DME can only tune to 20 PSI someone needs to come up with a fix. The power levels these turbos can support will need more than 20 psi to get there. From what Terry has been saying he is developing a system to overcome the boosting issue and control normal wastegates. If this is the case lets do away with the vacuum actuators and save ourselves a lot of trouble with worrying about wastegate rattle and other issues using a system where the where gate is defaulted to open. How much boost is Shiv running with his Single. I honestly haven't checked, he seems to be having no issues controlling the tial gate which is boost actuated. I am doing my best to get the turbos needed to make the big numbers but someone needs to step up and try to figure out the other side. Terry can you tell me a little more about the boost control solution you are working on?
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I bought a rb hoping to take full performance of them because there was much talk about problems that did not open

but the reality is different and terry, shiv, evolve, giac, cobb etc are able to overcome the barrier of 20-21psi with twin turbos

the truth is that after 6 years of the n54 anyone been able to make a real modden for n54, injectors, fuel pump or manifold or good cams ...

stage 3 will be able to develop 26 to 27 psi and tune someone know?

If your answer is yes, I will sell the rb

and buy your stage 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I know someone that ran 24-25psi on RBs down to 21psi at redline

With Cobb
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Shiv uses the AEM 3.5bar sensor which can read upwards of 35psi. He's been running around ~25psi+ on the single turbo with no issues.
    everyone knows that shiv tuned to 25 psi in a single turbo with 6 injectors methanol

but here we talk about a twin turbo, you know of any that miss alla over 21psi?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

You can swap out the stock sensor for an AEM or n20 one that supports higher boost levels. Then you just need a tune that can support that new sensor. I know cobb has some kind of scalar table, and vishnu obviously has been using higher boost on the single turbo fine.

I bought a rb hoping to take full performance of them because there was much talk about problems that did not open

but the reality is different and terry, shiv, evolve, giac, cobb etc are able to overcome the barrier of 20-21psi with twin turbos

the truth is that after 6 years of the n54 anyone been able to make a real modden for n54, injectors, fuel pump or manifold or good cams ...

stage 3 will be able to develop 26 to 27 psi and tune someone know?

If your answer is yes, I will sell the rb

and buy your stage 3
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I'm just talking about boost control. You can use that same sensor with twin turbos... I'm not going to argue about fueling over here. But I will say I'm eventually going to get the vishnu flash to remove any fuel ceiling and push these vargas turbos hard.

everyone knows that shiv tuned to 25 psi in a single turbo with 6 injectors methanol

but here we talk about a twin turbo, you know of any that miss alla over 21psi?
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I know someone that ran 24-25psi on RBs down to 21psi at redline

With Cobb
    maybe youll be able to answer this but on rbs what is the duty cycle of our injectors on say 93 and e85.

Just wondering how much more room to add more fuel they have when we start pushing more air?
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I don't think tuning will be an issue with a backend flash via COBB and a JB4. The fuel will run out at the LPFP, but then just got a higher flowing variant. The market for people modifying BRAND NEW $50,000 cars is relatively small. Now, 6 years later these cars can be had for $20k and you will see people willing to throw much more into modifying them. We should never need bigger injectors, they can flow a ridiculous amount of fuel. It is all software and LPFP and possibly, one day, HPFP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

@Terry@BMS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Well if all it takes is a 3.0 bar or higher map sensor for the DME to be properly tuned at higher boost levels then it sounds like we dont have an issue at all. I agree LPFP will most likely need to be upgraded at a certain point to ensure fuel flow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

The only option for Cobb is the n20 map sensor unless Cobb can rewrite the code to reference the map sensor in the manifold and change it to 3 bar+. The problem with the pre throttle body sensor is it measures temperature AND Map, so options are limited. Even so, the N20 tmap should be sufficient.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I'll be running the n20 map with the g5 and bms backed flash when I get my Vargas s2 Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    The only option for Cobb is the n20 map sensor unless Cobb can rewrite the code to reference the map sensor in the manifold and change it to 3 bar+. The problem with the pre throttle body sensor is it measures temperature AND Map, so options are limited. Even so, the N20 tmap should be sufficient.
    I'm fairly sure here is a table in ATR to "scale" the MAP sensor voltage for an aftermarket sensor(unfortunately I am at work and don't have ATR in front of me so I'm only 90% sure), however the fact that it ALSO reads temps may throw a wrench in the works.

Since the N20 TMAP works that's awesome, whatever happened to Terry's plug and play N20 adapter?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I'm fairly sure here is a table in ATR to "scale" the MAP sensor voltage for an aftermarket sensor(unfortunately I am at work and don't have ATR in front of me so I'm only 90% sure), however the fact that it ALSO reads temps may throw a wrench in the works.

Since the N20 TMAP works that's awesome, whatever happened to Terry's plug and play N20 adapter?
    Yup there is a scalar in ATR :

Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast