Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Team Plutonium Click here to enlarge
    Dear lord, the hostility and name calling towards liberals in this thread is insane.
    not insane as this is a european car forum and those kinds of cars are not easily maintained on welfare.
    plus i doubt liberals are big fans of leaded fuel which is vital to putting down any real hp unless your running on subsidized corn. i guess a liberal would advocate ethanol.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its not the military, i would say well over 50% of us would never support a Dem, given they are anti-military, have cut/halted our pay, increased our costs, and want to downsize a force thats already strained
    i believe the military only fall into the 47% when they are receiving hostile fire pay which is not subject to income tax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm, wasn't it Rumfeld that was planning to downsize the military? Last time I checked Obama didn't cut any funding to the military, quite the opposite in fact. And the reason why the forces are strained is because we started one very pointless war. And for the record, I have a military background (served 3 years in the German army).
    was that voluntary or mandatory service? (don't answer that) Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    was that voluntary or mandatory service? (don't answer that) Click here to enlarge
    Well, I answer anyway... first 1.5 years were mandatory, but I extended since I joined the 'Gebirgsjaeger'... skiing with guns is hard to beat.
    991 C2S | Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 Cell High Flow Cats | Sharkwerks Free Flow Exhaust | FVD Brombacher Muffler Bypass X-Pipe | KW H.A.S. | BBS CH-R's Matte Titanium | RSS Spacers (7mm) | Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn the battle scenes in this movie are awesome.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not insane as this is a european car forum and those kinds of cars are not easily maintained on welfare.
    plus i doubt liberals are big fans of leaded fuel which is vital to putting down any real hp unless your running on subsidized corn. i guess a liberal would advocate ethanol.

i believe the military only fall into the 47% when they are receiving hostile fire pay which is not subject to income tax.
    Weird, I own european cars, I'm not on welfare, and I'm very liberal, own guns, love race cars, and do ok financially. Click here to enlarge
    991 C2S | Fabspeed Sport Headers with 200 Cell High Flow Cats | Sharkwerks Free Flow Exhaust | FVD Brombacher Muffler Bypass X-Pipe | KW H.A.S. | BBS CH-R's Matte Titanium | RSS Spacers (7mm) | Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct me If I'm wrong but I believe it's the Congress that cuts the military funding?

With that being said the reason the country is going to $#@! is because of people loyal to their parties. You gotta be naive to actually think that it's all going to change if a democrat or a republican sits on the chair. The reason why we have two parties is so each other can check each others power now it's all about pointing fingers and we can't even pass anything anymore. Republicans blame Obama because of the and economy but forget to mention it all started during their time, the Dem's blame the republican for not being the team player yet they did the same thing during the bush years. It's a circle that would never end instead of blaming how Obama did this or how bush destroyed that why don't we just work together and fix the problem instead of blaming each other.

Now back to reality I'm a republican in the military and conservative. But I really don't like how far right my party went since we absorbed the Tea Party it seems like we get all the crazy candidates. It's also the reason my man mitt is not going to win is because he tried so hard to win the tea party votes that he alienated the people in the middle. Fox news is also following this trend I can't even watch it anymore the other day they just called Obama a cult leader.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem isn't parties as much as the monetary system. You could have 1305483205820583208 parties what difference does it make if inflation continues out of control and the debt continues to increase?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't fix the monetary system if both parties can't even pass a single bill.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tranic335i Click here to enlarge
    Yep, so we're screwed no matter what. Just enjoy what we have left until it's gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    I guess I'm on the pessimistic side of the aisle. I don't think any one president could clean up the mess we're in. What we need is for both sides to stop the bulls%$! and come up with some solutions. I feel like every time someone on either side has a decent idea, the other side opposes it simply on principle. Can Romney do good? Probably. But he can't do it without support. I'm generally angry at the whole situation.
    All this is true. Forget about Republican's and Democrats. Neither side has done anything for the US since the late 90's.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    WTF! Lets see, your in NJ. You have the fattest governor, worst crime rate, but a crime fighting hero mayor, pollution, high rate of car theft, suck ass education of your residents, disdain from the residents of NYC, snookie, worst state for individual freedom etc....seems to be a haven for incompetent political and judicial management?

Do the newspapers back there make crap up about muslim riots or did some $#@! conspiracy theorist website blogger wet dream that one? Whoever told you that one lied to you big time or I have really missed a major news item in the cycle..

An intelligent person would also look at the historical record and realize that when politicians wipe their asses with the constitution too much that the people add amendments to close the loopholes politicians exploit.

Seems to me East coast Wall street $#@!s almost brought the financial system to failure. Seems to me most of the political types in DC are from elite East coast universities. Seems to me most of the 17,000 lobbyist in DC telling your local federal representative what to think are from or live on the East coast. Just sayin..... oh and F Romney!

If you are a liberal pussy (or conservative) for that matter and are female, cute, shapely and groomed, I will/would (too old and too much hassle at this stage of life) push and push and push to slowly get what I want.
    You live in WA. When is the last time you were in NJ? This is the problem with people. Talking $#@! about places they have never been to, but only seen or heard stories on TV.

Fact is Obama hasn't cut any funding to the military, and in reality you just can't have it both ways, if you want to curb spending and take care of the deficit you need to cut military spending, social security, medicare, and raise taxes. Nobody likes this, but without doing it we'll run up the deficit even more.
    Obama, Congress, and the SecDef have cut military spending drastically. I see cuts every single day because of my career field in the military.

Correct me If I'm wrong but I believe it's the Congress that cuts the military funding?

With that being said the reason the country is going to $#@! is because of people loyal to their parties. You gotta be naive to actually think that it's all going to change if a democrat or a republican sits on the chair. The reason why we have two parties is so each other can check each others power now it's all about pointing fingers and we can't even pass anything anymore. Republicans blame Obama because of the and economy but forget to mention it all started during their time, the Dem's blame the republican for not being the team player yet they did the same thing during the bush years. It's a circle that would never end instead of blaming how Obama did this or how bush destroyed that why don't we just work together and fix the problem instead of blaming each other.

Now back to reality I'm a republican in the military and conservative. But I really don't like how far right my party went since we absorbed the Tea Party it seems like we get all the crazy candidates. It's also the reason my man mitt is not going to win is because he tried so hard to win the tea party votes that he alienated the people in the middle. Fox news is also following this trend I can't even watch it anymore the other day they just called Obama a cult leader.
    Everyone wants to blame everyone. Every President lies to get elected. People shouldn't be so blind to one side or the other. Obama lied, Bush lied, Clinton knows damn well Monica sucked his dick, etc etc. Every President has lied to get a few more votes. We all know the rich run the country. They are the ones running the businesses, they are the ones providing the economic rises and falls, they are sometimes the ones escaping expensive taxes, they are the ones who feel the economy fall the most.

Now to set the record straight. I am not Democratic nor Republican, however I work for the DOD. So no matter who the President is, I am severely affected by their decisions. For those of you saying Obama doesn't care about the economy. He sure as hell did when he gave Chrysler and GM bailout money saving millions of jobs. Didn't he? Mitt Romney has off shore accounts why isn't his money revolving in the US economy? Quite frankly I don't care about the next President or the President after him. You know why, because he will lie, and his followers will lie. You can only blame someone so much for a $#@!ed up economy before your 4 years is up and realise you have done nothing to fix it. I doubt anyone short of Warren Buffet could escape the collapse the US has seen. No matter how many budget cuts you do, no matter how much more tax you impose on the rich, etc etc. We are in the trillions in debt however, with more jobs outsourced than unemployed people. Why not start there and attempt to rebuild the US' economy by keeping jobs in the US regardless of how much money your company saves. It's about time we think about our own people and not how to save a buck or two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    do you even read the articles, or just the title? re-read the article and then come back at me
    So here gores

When I read the articles I attempt to critically analyze the data in them and not the bull$#@! spewed by the politician attempting to sway the opinion of the reader. What you could figure out from military pay and retiree incomes as well as current tax policy is that they pay no income tax. That's neither lib, dem , con or rep, it just is. Prove it to yourself with your own financial modeling.

Christies budget projections are not being realized in reality. Whether it's $500, $250, or $150 million, it's off. He still has time to right the financial ship of state, but getting into a pissing match with the "non-partisan" NJ OLS won't cure the budget imbalance only management of the problem will. Obamama has been excoriated over his budget projections when he took office, why not Christie?

Standard and Poor's change in NJ's outlook for its debt from stable to negative this week is a direct result of this negative budget outlook. It often, but not always precedes, a credit downgrade. If a downgrade is given the budget will be further stressed by higher borrowing costs. Pissing matches in public between politicians is not going to change this de-rating, only fixing the budget. Very analogous to what happened in the federal debt limit debacle when our national credit rating declined. Another pissing match between politicians.

The shrinking middle class in NJ came from the US Census Bureau's American Community Survey which is performed in all major and minor communities across the US. Neither dem, lib, rep, or cons, it just is. You seemed to have focused on the statements made by a left leaning NJPP, which doesn't change the surveys facts, just adds heat which you felt.

Finally, the unemployment rate (9.9%) 4th highest in the US, climbing since January and the highest in 3 decades came from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. While these numbers are always subject to revision , panning the numbers usually only has validity when the method of calculation has changed. You can point to the statement of the economist from Treasury, but I doubt you would/should as he has presided over the current monetary clusterf... we are currently in. No credibility and he is in the current administration your not so fond of.

So no links this time, just analysis of the data......F Willard Mitt Romney! I don't want to disparage the other principled Romney's out there that have integrity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    You live in WA. When is the last time you were in NJ? This is the problem with people. Talking $#@! about places they have never been to, but only seen or heard stories on TV.
    Before I retired, the corporate HQ I reported to was/is in Morristown NJ. Used to travel there bimonthly for ten years. One of my best friends lived in Princeton, NJ while working for the old Merrill Lynch. When I could, I spent time and too much money in Atlantic city. Formerly lived in Battery Park City and spent tons of time in Jersey city. Last time there was summer 2010.

Only went on a NJ rant after Washington was characterized as liberal s(c)um, Muslim riots or some such crap. Just thought about it and I have lived in 8 states and have visited, some extensively, many of the others. It the nature of my corporate life with 3 businesses. Moved to Washington state due to no income tax, but I could rant on this state also. They all have their own issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They come back into session to pass a vacation bill, vote down everything else, then go home. I blame congress for it all, both sides.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by snavekd Click here to enlarge
    They come back into session to pass a vacation bill, vote down everything else, then go home. I blame congress for it all, both sides.
    Yup the congress can't get anything done. If Romney is the president tomm and he needs to get anything passed to help the economy or what not it ain't happening cause guess what the dems is going to make sure they do the same thing the republicans are doing now to the current president. So it don't really matter what Mitt and Obama promises it aint going to happen because the congress is going to block it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As a lot of people say, we need to throw the house and senate out...its so corrupt and bought with dollars that it needs to be cleansed. I find it funny that all of congress is exempt from Obamacare as well...what makes them so special?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Regarding Congress, it's become a new "theory" among the up & coming politicians that your time serving in Congress should be limited so you don't have people sitting comfy in their position for 10+ yrs while doing absolutely nothing.

By placing a limitation on the amount of time you can serve, it'll make the races a lot more competitive & force politicians to be more effective. The problem is this is COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC because wat member of Congress is going to self-impose a limitation on term they can serve
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Weird, I own european cars, I'm not on welfare, and I'm very liberal, own guns, love race cars, and do ok financially. Click here to enlarge
    that is weird. i too own firearms, love race cars, do well financially but my politics are inline with my interests.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    that is weird. i too own firearms, love race cars, do well financially but my politics are inline with my interests.
    See, that's the difference between us... I don't see a conflict there. I don't mind paying my fair share in taxes, and I don't believe anybody will come and take away my guns and cars. But to be very honest, in the end it won't make a huge difference who will win in November.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234