Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Carbon or Hawk pads

Like many others, I'm tired of all the brake dust and squeeling from the stock pads. Even more since installing my new wheels.
    I'm trying to compare between Cool Carbons and Hawks
    Any opinions are welcome

Car: 2008 135i
    This is mostly a street car.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @ModBargains should be able to help you with pad choices.

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

You might want to consider the StopTech Street Performance Brake pads. StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads have great stopping power, low dust, are quiet, and are pretty affordable!!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ModBargains.com Click here to enlarge
    You might want to consider the StopTech Street Performance Brake pads. StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads have great stopping power, low dust, are quiet, and are pretty affordable!!

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...erfgraph-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...erfpads2-1.jpg
    Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Check out the CarboTech 1521 street compound. They are excellent! I switched to them from the StopTech street pads and preferred them. The ST pads were fine, basically a re-branded Axis Ultimate. Nothing wrong with them but personally I preferred the CT 1521's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Check out the CarboTech 1521 street compound. They are excellent! I switched to them from the StopTech street pads and preferred them. The ST pads were fine, basically a re-branded Axis Ultimate. Nothing wrong with them but personally I preferred the CT 1521's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Carbon pads are excellent.
    One down side of of all these ceramic pads is that the initial cold bite is never as good as BMWs stock pad. Other than that they exceed the stock pad in everyway...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use the hawk carbon pads with Zimmerman cross drilled rotors. No dust Click here to enlarge.
    however initial cold bite is gone and you must press harder once they are warm, they are better them OEM
    Cobb tuned, spec2+, wavetrac, DCI, ARdp's, AA fmic, forge DV's, M3 links & Sways, bbs lm's, bunch of exterior mods, and one happy BMW driver

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ModBargains.com Click here to enlarge

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...erfgraph-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...erfpads2-1.jpg
    Yep these are the ones you want if you are looking for performance. Have em and love em. Still make a fair amount of brake dust which would be my only complaint so they may not be exactly what you are looking for. The clips that hold them in are also a bit stiff so you may need an extra set of hands to help you get them seated properly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The stoptech pads worked great for me!
    BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS ********, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, ST Coilovers, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, 255 Inline Fuel Pump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For future buyers I bought the cool carbon and love them can't beat them and bite is great paired them with ss lines!

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Capo335i Click here to enlarge
    For future buyers I bought the cool carbon and love them can't beat them and bite is great paired them with ss lines!
    I definitely agree that everyone should upgrade their factory brake lines with some stainless steel brake lines!

We carry the Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines and it's definitely a must have upgrade for any BMW enthusiasts. They help maintain brake pressure int he lines and last longer than the factory brake lines.

Here's some technical info off of Stoptech's web page for those looking for more info:

Improve vehicle brake performance and feel with Stoptech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines.

Stoptech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines provide a quicker, firmer, more consistent pedal response by maintaining consistent brake pressure. Additionally, stainless steel lines provide precision brake modulation, especially during threshold braking. The improvement in pedal feel is more dramatic on older vehicles where the factory rubber line may have softened and swelled due to age.
    StopTech brake lines consist of a PTFE (commonly referred to as Teflon) inner line that carries the brake fluid, which is then covered with a layer of stainless steel woven braid. The PTFE tube is very resistant to expansion under pressure and will not degrade from exposure to brake fluid.
    The braided stainless steel provides support for the PTFE and the weave is extremely durable against incidental impact and abrasion. Next the stainless braided hose is coated with a clear abrasion resistant PVC cover for maximum protection against chaffing and strain relief devices reinforce end fittings.
    A variety of end fittings are available to meet most application needs. All fittings are engineered for proper fit and durability. All necessary brackets and fasteners are included with each line kit.

-Frank
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

I definitely agree that everyone should upgrade their factory brake lines with some stainless steel brake lines!

We carry the Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines and it's definitely a must have upgrade for any BMW enthusiasts. They help maintain brake pressure int he lines and last longer than the factory brake lines.

Here's some technical info off of Stoptech's web page for those looking for more info:

Improve vehicle brake performance and feel with Stoptech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines.

Stoptech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines provide a quicker, firmer, more consistent pedal response by maintaining consistent brake pressure. Additionally, stainless steel lines provide precision brake modulation, especially during threshold braking. The improvement in pedal feel is more dramatic on older vehicles where the factory rubber line may have softened and swelled due to age.
    StopTech brake lines consist of a PTFE (commonly referred to as Teflon) inner line that carries the brake fluid, which is then covered with a layer of stainless steel woven braid. The PTFE tube is very resistant to expansion under pressure and will not degrade from exposure to brake fluid.
    The braided stainless steel provides support for the PTFE and the weave is extremely durable against incidental impact and abrasion. Next the stainless braided hose is coated with a clear abrasion resistant PVC cover for maximum protection against chaffing and strain relief devices reinforce end fittings.
    A variety of end fittings are available to meet most application needs. All fittings are engineered for proper fit and durability. All necessary brackets and fasteners are included with each line kit.

-Frank
    This is good info, thank you.