Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jb3 2.0

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS Click here to enlarge
    Just really fishy to me. No photos of customer installs? No independent reviews? Clearly to release a product and have no forum presence a year later wasn't the plan...
    Look, if it was ready we would know. Forums are a powerful tool, we all know that. The crowd involved in these upgrades tends to a bit younger and willing to mod (they also tend to use computers).

The M3 exhaust was posted a loooooonnnnggg time ago, still not officially released. Same with intake scoops.

I would like to get the details personally and the updates, and it look like we have a guy here who can do that so can't wait to see what he posts up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Heh, maybe, but if they exist on the forums then everyone knows they exist Click here to enlarge Abid can claim he is selling them on the moon.

You are right though, just because it is not on the forum does not mean it does not exist.

Specs on your car? Pics? Dyno runs? I saw some from ASR a while back and Abid pushed to get me banned on M5board when I asked for pump gas figures.
    actually Click here to enlarge i just uploaded stage 4, so I'll dyno when there's good cold weather here in hot Miami. I left the user adjustables as is, even though I have meth and probably would benefit from lowering the ign. corr. Last time I dyno'd it was 103 degrees so I expect to have a gain regardless. My new intake however may not be dyno happy as its a closed system, and needs large volumes of air in front of the car. everyone with a dci set-up dynos hood open right? ill dyno hood closed, since it wont matter, and I'll post results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    actually Click here to enlarge i just uploaded stage 4, so I'll dyno when there's good cold weather here in hot Miami. I left the user adjustables as is, even though I have meth and probably would benefit from lowering the ign. corr. Last time I dyno'd it was 103 degrees so I expect to have a gain regardless. My new intake however may not be dyno happy as its a closed system, and needs large volumes of air in front of the car. everyone with a dci set-up dynos hood open right? ill dyno hood closed, since it wont matter, and I'll post results.
    I never asked how the DCI guys dyno, interesting point you raise though.

Post up some pics or details! I'm going to make a 1 series chassis section now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just changed my sig so it has my mods Click here to enlarge those are the details you want right?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just changed my sig so it has my mods Click here to enlarge those are the details you want right?
    Definitely a step in the right direction Click here to enlarge

Why not create a thread for your N54? Hell, would love to follow development, just so I know just how much boost I need to run lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Definitely a step in the right direction Click here to enlarge

Why not create a thread for your N54? Hell, would love to follow development, just so I know just how much boost I need to run lol
    haha, ill make a thread once I have the turbos, if you have questions about my car ask it for now in my intake thread, I dont wanna OT Terry's thread anymore than I already have Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha, ill make a thread once I have the turbos, if you have questions about my car ask it for now in my intake thread, I dont wanna OT Terry's thread anymore than I already have Click here to enlarge
    Oh, I think Terry is accustomed to his threads being taken off track by now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah no worries. It's just the three of us here anyway LOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yeah no worries. It's just the three of us here anyway LOL!
    Very funny Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, Are you still working on the logging interface?

Reason I ask is because I'm wondering if you will make it possible to log individual, user selectable channels as opposed to displaying all of them on one graph. Makes it a bit easier to read IMO.

I'm sure your customers would like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are still a few changes I want to make to it, but I dislike the individual chart per parameter approach. To me, it makes the charts somewhat worthless as you're always looking between 4 charts to make correlations. I've used the PROcede logging/viewing software and found it was cumbersome and unusable. As if it was designed by programmer and not a tuner. With our interface you can add/remove parameters from the chart though. For example fuel enrichment, PID speed, etc, are not displayed on the charts above. Also, the CSV export always includes all parameters so you can chart it in Excel if you ever need.

With our pool of around 100 beta testers, I've found the current implementation to be extremely fast and easy for everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    There are still a few changes I want to make to it, but I dislike the individual chart per parameter approach. To me, it makes the charts somewhat worthless as you're always looking between 4 charts to make correlations. I've used the PROcede logging/viewing software and found it was cumbersome and unusable. As if it was designed by programmer and not a tuner. With our interface you can add/remove parameters from the chart though. For example fuel enrichment, PID speed, etc, are not displayed on the charts above. Also, the CSV export always includes all parameters so you can chart it in Excel if you ever need.

With our pool of around 100 beta testers, I've found the current implementation to be extremely fast and easy for everyone.
    I wasn't aware that you could select which channels show up on the chart. Thats why I asked. Thanks for the info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, yes. Each one has a little "add" button next to toggle it on/off the chart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love the 2.0 data logging is so much easier to understand than the procede, and way easier to change parameters...thanks Terry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaza45 Click here to enlarge
    I love the 2.0 data logging is so much easier to understand than the procede, and way easier to change parameters...thanks Terry.
    I don't really have any idea how it works, what exactly does it let you do?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impressive numbers as usual Terry, however why is the graph so lumpy? The boost looks fairly stable, but I've never seen a dyno that lump from a jb3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's all relative. With 91 octane I was fighting KR up top.The midrange wobble was just from making changes each run that requires the ECU to readjust solenoid duty cucle. On the race gas run that was about as much power as it would hold to 5700rpm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just really fishy to me. No photos of customer installs? No independent reviews? Clearly to release a product and have no forum presence a year later wasn't the plan...

I smelled ARS fish more than 6 months ago and said so in their thread.
    Like u say Terry - It just does not add up.

Ams is pulling out also - the sales mgr is selling his n54 project car and they stated they are going another way with the n54.
    They say they are 6/8 months away. All this after spending 1 year on a platform they say puts out power but now say is not economically feasible.
    Hp freaks says they are 1 year away from their probably super high priced turbo upgrade.

I say that Rob B. is gonna best all of them to market, will have similar power and will be tons $$$ cheaper!
    I like rob and I would bet $$$$ on him.
    Last edited by midlife; 02-09-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by midlife Click here to enlarge
    I smelled ARS fish more than 6 months ago and said so in their thread.
    Like u say Terry - It just does not add up.

Ams is pulling out also - the sales mgr is selling his n54 project car and they stated they are going another way with the n54.
    They say they are 6/8 months away. All this after spending 1 year on a platform they say puts out power but now say is not economically feasible.
    Hp freaks says they are 1 year away from their probably super high priced turbo upgrade.

I say that Rob B. is gonna best all of them to market, will have similar power and will be tons $$$ cheaper!
    I like rob and I would bet $$$$ on him.
    So supercharged M3's are running around before turbo upgrade N54's? Interesting Click here to enlarge

AMS was just talking about their upgrade over on E90post? Now they are pulling out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just to update the thread, posting a link to 2.0 firmware and our new interface on n54tech for public beta testing:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6351

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just to update the thread, posting a link to 2.0 firmware and our new interface on n54tech for public beta testing:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6351
    You may want to make a thread in your forum here as well...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you can d/led the 2.0 software from N54 and d/led to the laptop and then burn 2.0 to your chip if you have GenIII board and you can now log? I would imagine you would need a USB cable and where do you run the cord?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr Boost Click here to enlarge
    So you can d/led the 2.0 software from N54 and d/led to the laptop and then burn 2.0 to your chip if you have GenIII board and you can now log? I would imagine you would need a USB cable and where do you run the cord?
    If you are coming from 1.4 or an earlier version you need to burn the chip manually the first them, then future update are done with the tuning cable. Leave the cable in the engine bay or route it inside the glove box. There is a DIY on n54tech.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Terry, can you post some items in the vendor for sale section? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll go add a short post there. Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12