Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jb3 2.0

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Jb3 2.0

Hey guys,

Going to try to become more active on this forum. It's looking much improved!

Figured it would make sense to post some info on our upcoming JB3 2.0 upgrade.

Basic changes from 1.4 include a new laptop interface program that allows map loading, datalogging, and custom tuning. No more burning chips on a burner or wondering how much boost you're running. Also new PID boost logic featuring dramatically stronger and smoother boost control and improved partial throttle boost modulation.

I'll attach a couple teaser logs and photos. We have around 60 people testing 2.0 currently and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. You guys are going to love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking great but can we see a dyno as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Little too early for dyno as we're focused on boost control right now, but here is a few pulls I did on a 100% stock 335i last week, 91 octane fuel. Last run was with 98 octane and our duel cone intake added.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great info, thanks for posting!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So Map 8 with race gas + water meth with the 2.0 would be around ~450 wheel? Does it advance the timing automatically or is there a specific water-meth tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hit around 430rw running a little more boost, but had a few misfires. Better flowing exhaust, higher flowing intercooler, etc, are really suggested for these power levels. Meth would add a few HP as well and eliminate the need for racegas.

The ECU advances timing automatically, it was 1-2 degrees from being maxed out @ 17psi on 98 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS Click here to enlarge
    Hit around 430rw running a little more boost, but had a few misfires. Better flowing exhaust, higher flowing intercooler, etc, are really suggested for these power levels. Meth would add a few HP as well and eliminate the need for racegas.

The ECU advances timing automatically, it was 1-2 degrees from being maxed out @ 17psi on 98 octane.
    So from my understanding you can switch multiple maps right from the laptop. Why is this possible with the N54 but not say, the S65?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can switch maps using our interface, or between 9 preconfigured maps using our gas pedal switching. Including disabling the tune all together if you want to run stock for some reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can switch maps using our interface, or between 9 preconfigured maps using our gas pedal switching. Including disabling the tune all together if you want to run stock for some reason.
    Wait, so could I switch maps on my car I mean? As in, this has broader application than just the N54?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry N54 only. Click here to enlarge And N55 coming soon!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry N54 only. Click here to enlarge And N55 coming soon!
    Click here to enlarge

Wish S65 tuners would get with the program...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's just inherent in piggyback tuning. With flash tuning having various maps, etc, is much harder technically to accomplish.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    coming along pretty good !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice, good to see some great competition against v4, its amazing how similar changes come public at the same time, i wish your product good luck but I'm sticking with my Procede for ASR's upgraded turbos Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    nice, good to see some great competition against v4, its amazing how similar changes come public at the same time, i wish your product good luck but I'm sticking with my Procede for ASR's upgraded turbos Click here to enlarge
    Isn't someone other than ASR doing turbos? Plus, didn't ASR announce those things over a year ago?

What does the stock fuel system support?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    No worries, the ASR hardware looks nice. But whats going on with it? They announced it months ago and sort of left the scene?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Isn't someone other than ASR doing turbos? Plus, didn't ASR announce those things over a year ago?

Absolutely, there are a few company's now that are working on a kit, but ASR has the only working one, and the only ones to have made a sale yet. They've sold a total of 10, all shipped overseas, some to Russia if I'm not mistaken. The next batch (the one im in) of Garrett CHRA's are due to arrive at ASR some time within January/Feb. You're right, they did announce it over a year ago, it had a few valet mode hiccups but its all be resolved now. With the Procede evolving to v4, once they implement this new boost control into their tune, its going to be one helluva kit to reckon with.

The stock fuel system supports more than people think. If you want exact data, I would suggest giving him a call.

No worries, the ASR hardware looks nice. But whats going on with it? They announced it months ago and sort of left the scene?
    Hell yea it does, I'll post epic pictures when I have the kit myself. Its working and has been on the 1 for over a year now.

They left e90 because they felt the people there were way too immature and impatient, thats why they dont pay a vendor fee there, they have one here though Click here to enlarge.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 01-21-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just don't get it though... If the hardware has been out, and unchanged for a year, and customers are willing to buy it. Why are there none out there? All I've heard about it is some thread where a guy ordered and had major hassles trying to get a refund.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

There are a few companies working on options, but nothing solid out yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are a few companies working on options, but nothing solid out yet.
    Yes, I know Click here to enlarge Why has BMS not been approached to tune such a setup out of curiosity?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm approached by turbo companies every couple of weeks. Quite a few are working on options. But to make it public would be like me endorsing the setup, like Shiv endorsed ASRs. Until I see actual working hardware and have a car in front of me to tune, I don't want to endorse it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm approached by turbo companies every couple of weeks. Quite a few are working on options. But to make it public would be like me endorsing the setup, like Shiv endorsed ASRs. Until I see actual working hardware and have a car in front of me to tune, I don't want to endorse it.
    Fair enough, makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just don't get it though... If the hardware has been out, and unchanged for a year, and customers are willing to buy it. Why are there none out there? All I've heard about it is some thread where a guy ordered and had major hassles trying to get a refund.
    I would think that the first kits sold were to customers who aren't forum junkies, or maybe who like to be a sleeper. I know Abid has told me that he has sold kits to some dedicated racecars, so I know the product works in more than one car Click here to enlarge Just because its not on any forum doesn't mean "none are out there" don't you think?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heh, maybe, but if they exist on the forums then everyone knows they exist Click here to enlarge Abid can claim he is selling them on the moon.

You are right though, just because it is not on the forum does not mean it does not exist.

Specs on your car? Pics? Dyno runs? I saw some from ASR a while back and Abid pushed to get me banned on M5board when I asked for pump gas figures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just really fishy to me. No photos of customer installs? No independent reviews? Clearly to release a product and have no forum presence a year later wasn't the plan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast