Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ABS problem on dyno

Tried to get some Dyno runs in today with the new FMIC & 95 octane gas. Had a ABS malfunction that was causing issues with the runs.

My base line was down from 319whp to 295whp. That being said the Map6 runs produced 375whp up from a clean run 365whp last fall. Not really sure what the car is making now but the new delta with the ABS messing it up is 80whp with only the new IS map 6 & an ETS 5 FMIC on an otherwise pure stock car..

This was the same dyno & same ambient temp as the original base line & JB-4 Map 2 runs last fall.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My car throws ABS codes all the time on the dyno. It goes away when you have traction on all four wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you dynoing in 3rd gear?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its normal that the abs complains.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup ABS throws a fit when the front wheels dont move and the rears do.

It does not affect performance. Just turn traction control completely off and ignore the lights. Your dyno operator should have known that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ABS light is normal.. Disappears when you drive away from the dyno. Traction should have been off as well.

My guess is your car wasn't properly cooled down between/before runs.. Other than that there is a lot that can cause the difference.. Differences in humidity, fans, vehicle maintenance.. the list goes on.. Your numbers look fine.. What would tell us more are any logs while on the dyno..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was 3rd on a 7-DCT. Terry just posted I should use 5th with this trans to get full boost on a dyno jet...so there is a bit left in the car. Thanks for the responces. Will try to get back in next week. Overall am very happy with a basic no real mod car getting that kind of power. JB4 has been on since 2K miles & now have 12K on the car.

I forgot to take my lap top but last week Terry helped me get the car setup with a few logs sent to him then making a change & send in another log till he was happy with it..
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress