Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 125 of 125

Thread: Strange misfire...

              
   
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    14.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't know if this will help but I just spoke to a mechanic that was refered by a friend with great credentials.


    He mentioned to me that he had a BMW that would always misfire after having the car tuned and he changed the spark plugs but he didn't put the platinum tips because he found that they overheat in those types of applications.
    He put normal plugs and the car runs Amaaaaazing.

    I don't know if this helps your case because your problem may not even be the spark plugs but I figured I'd share this info and see if maybe someone could shed light on it

  2. #ADS

  3. #102
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is online now Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Platinum tip plugs are a very bad idea on a boosted platform

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    4.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    any updates?

  5. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,836
    Rep Points
    5,686.6
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    BigTom has permanently resolved his N54 misfire issues. With a GTR. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  6. #105
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is online now Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No

  7. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    889
    Rep Points
    1,130.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL weak!
    IDK might be a simpler and cheaper fix than yours? You did a CSI on your N54 for a looong time Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb 93 custom tune by Mitch
    Planned:
    1000cc injectors & E85 tune (+clutch)

  8. #107
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is online now Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IDK might be a simpler and cheaper fix than yours?
    Click here to enlarge are you sure about that? How much was the GTR?

  9. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    889
    Rep Points
    1,130.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Click here to enlarge are you sure about that? How much was the GTR?
    well the real cost of ownership is of course more than price alone, somehow you need to figure out what each driven km cost you, and with the downtime you had while your car depreciates could probably be more than an GT-R Click here to enlarge (dont get me started on Stickys cost per driven km)
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb 93 custom tune by Mitch
    Planned:
    1000cc injectors & E85 tune (+clutch)

  10. #109
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is online now Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well the real cost of ownership is of course more than price alone, somehow you need to figure out what each driven km cost you, and with the downtime you had while your car depreciates could probably be more than an GT-R Click here to enlarge (dont get me started on Stickys cost per driven km)
    Which downtime? To change fuel pump, plugs, 1 injector and some sensors unnecessarily? Total cost of my attempted fixes was about $1k, total downtime for the car was maybe a couple hours (less than a day).

    Do you know how much maintenance of the breaks for instance is on a GTR? Click here to enlarge

    Anyways, great car, that's not the point and I was kidding when I said weak about his choice. What's your point?

  11. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    889
    Rep Points
    1,130.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which downtime? To change fuel pump, plugs, 1 injector and some sensors unnecessarily? Total cost of my attempted fixes was about $1k, total downtime for the car was maybe a couple hours (less than a day).

    Do you know how much maintenance of the breaks for instance is on a GTR? Click here to enlarge

    Anyways, great car, that's not the point and I was kidding when I said weak about his choice. What's your point?
    I guess I am only trying to convince myself buying a 997tt isnt going to be to bad financially Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb 93 custom tune by Mitch
    Planned:
    1000cc injectors & E85 tune (+clutch)

  12. #111
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is online now Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I am only trying to convince myself buying a 997tt isnt going to be to bad financially Click here to enlarge
    Don't get me wrong. I didn't say buying a GT-R is a bad choice, far from it, same for the 997TT, both simply amazing cars, can't go wrong there. Slap a set of GT3071s on the 997TT (or the 996TT) and the car wakes up in a major way. GT-R, x-pipe+tune+E85 and you've got yourself a mid to low 10sec car if your tranny holds up. Daily driveability, interior, maintenance and insurance is what kills those for me though in those two cars, for now.

  13. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    889
    Rep Points
    1,130.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong. I didn't say buying a GT-R is a bad choice, far from it, same for the 997TT, both simply amazing cars, can't go wrong there. Slap a set of GT3071s on the 997TT (or the 996TT) and the car wakes up in a major way. GT-R, x-pipe+tune+E85 and you've got yourself a mid to low 10sec car if your tranny holds up. Daily driveability, interior, maintenance and insurance is what kills those for me though in those two cars, for now.
    I havent driven the GT-R but the interior wasnt in my taste either, the 997 came with extended leather dash etc and its a nice place to be, the 997.2 got a nicer steering wheel but a weaker engine, daily driveability is just fine imo, I do the school runs with it and my grocery shopping. the 997 has a 2-y service interval, I guess I'll find out just how bad it is next year. Insurance is (for me in Stockholm) $2000/year only a few hundred $ more than my 335i was.

    I heard that the DCT in the GT-R has a very expensive maintenance schedule that my manual 997 hopefully spares me from...
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb 93 custom tune by Mitch
    Planned:
    1000cc injectors & E85 tune (+clutch)

  14. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    262.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BigTom has permanently resolved his N54 misfire issues. With a GTR. Click here to enlarge
    Yep. My problems are solved next week with a 2010 GT-R in White Pearl. Click here to enlarge
    FBO and E85, here I come... Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  15. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    219
    Rep Points
    153.7
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which downtime? To change fuel pump, plugs, 1 injector and some sensors unnecessarily? Total cost of my attempted fixes was about $1k, total downtime for the car was maybe a couple hours (less than a day).

    Do you know how much maintenance of the breaks for instance is on a GTR? Click here to enlarge
    I ran into a GT-R owner at a gas station this summer and he mentioned around $7K for a brake job on his GT-R Click here to enlarge

  16. #115
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is online now Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ran into a GT-R owner at a gas station this summer and he mentioned around $7K for a brake job on his GT-R Click here to enlarge
    Yup

  17. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    889
    Rep Points
    1,130.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. My problems are solved next week with a 2010 GT-R in White Pearl. Click here to enlarge
    FBO and E85, here I come... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current mods:
    Kline catless exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb 93 custom tune by Mitch
    Planned:
    1000cc injectors & E85 tune (+clutch)

  18. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    338
    Rep Points
    442.7
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. My problems are solved next week with a 2010 GT-R in White Pearl. Click here to enlarge
    FBO and E85, here I come... Click here to enlarge
    GT-R is the King, congrats !

  19. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    113
    Rep Points
    295.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. My problems are solved next week with a 2010 GT-R in White Pearl. Click here to enlarge
    FBO and E85, here I come... Click here to enlarge
    Awesome. Thinking of what you have done with the E92 335i, I'll be waiting for your videos, and I'll expect that you will beat even the Koenigsegg Agera eventually when you're done tuning it..... LOL Click here to enlarge

    Anyway, congrats, the GT-R is an awesome driving machine.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | Quaife LSD | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | RB turbos | COBB ProTuning E50 map from PTF | Walbro E85 455 LPH | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek catback exhaust | STETT CP | Forge DV | AFE Stage 2 DCI with scoops | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC Steel SMFW | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

  20. #119
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is online now Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @Big Tom , let us know if you need a Cobb AccessPort for your GT-R along with their TCU reprogramming. We also carry the full line of products from AMS in case you're interested in an Alpha kit for it Click here to enlarge looking forward to some vids!

  21. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    262.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Big Tom , let us know if you need a Cobb AccessPort for your GT-R along with their TCU reprogramming. We also carry the full line of products from AMS in case you're interested in an Alpha kit for it Click here to enlarge looking forward to some vids!
    That's good to know buddy! Click here to enlarge

    I'm still planning on which mods I'll install, but I'm leaning towards COB, Feritta complete exhaust, some sort of an antake and e85 conversion kit (fuel pump and injectors).

    Vids will come for sure! Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  22. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    262.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome. Thinking of what you have done with the E92 335i, I'll be waiting for your videos, and I'll expect that you will beat even the Koenigsegg Agera eventually when you're done tuning it..... LOL Click here to enlarge

    Anyway, congrats, the GT-R is an awesome driving machine.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GT-R is the King, congrats !
    Thanks guys!
    I'll post a pic as soon as she's in my garage. Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  23. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Points
    1,148.8
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks guys!
    I'll post a pic as soon as she's in my garage. Click here to enlarge
    congrats! already sold the 335?
    07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina B3 Flash
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    262.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    congrats! already sold the 335?
    Thanks! Click here to enlarge
    I'll trade it on Wednesday.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  25. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,472
    Rep Points
    44.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    oooohhhhhh man!!

  26. #125
    Autobahn335i is offline Member
    Status: Track season has started
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,182
    Rep Points
    874.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ran into a GT-R owner at a gas station this summer and he mentioned around $7K for a brake job on his GT-R Click here to enlarge
    Damn! What does a "brake job" include? $7k is the price of a full Brembo BBK for the E92 lol
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Bilstein PSS10 / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / RE Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: Transmission cooler

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •