Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    DMF
    CRAP. well...i guess it gives me a place to start looking. thanks for the input, guys
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mekong84 Click here to enlarge
    CRAP. well...i guess it gives me a place to start looking. thanks for the input, guys
    You should go with a single mass flywheel upgrade. There's a little more chatter but it's totally worth it! I bought a spec one from top gear solutions. Got it super fast and it was cheap compared to other sites.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ahh fair enough

in what way won't it fit though?

the 335i one obviously clears the RHD steering rack, and there shouldn't be anything else around there to cause a headache?

i can't find any pics online comparing though, so no idea what teh physical difference is lol

ED: found it

135i> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-E82-E...item2a2e094b8d

335i> http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-10-BMW-e9...d36cd8&vxp=mtr

looks like teh 335i one is actually more compact?

135i one comes in from the side.. 335i one comes in from the bottom.

can't see a reason why it wouldn't fit in the 135i with the full 335i setup?

Will hit the subframe/body. Plus you have a steering rack in that corner. I tried it once before, customer got the wrong turbos and i had a 335 pipe lying around. Tried to make it fit and no bueno.

Maybe LHD hot pipes are different from RHD pipes? I have no clue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will hit the subframe/body. Plus you have a steering rack in that corner. I tried it once before, customer got the wrong turbos and i had a 335 pipe lying around. Tried to make it fit and no bueno.

i think the two steering set ups do have an effect on the pipes. They are different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

so the engine bay is actually narrower? or shorter?.. which doesn't make sense as both 1ers and 3ers are the same width all over. very strange, as, again, the 135i one comes in more from the side, which would give less clearance to teh shock tower or steering rack.. and the 335i one comes in from the bottom of the turbo.

relative to the engines, the steering racks/front subframe are the same distance away... so should be the steering rack from the charge pipe/rear turbo

i can't think of a single reason why the turbo would have to be a different orientation comparing both right hand drive cars... and there is absolutely no reason to re-orient it at all for a LHD car, being there's no steering rack there (i mean, $#@!, you guys can fit twin GTX28's down there, you have MILES of room)

subframes are the same part to though (3116785639), so shouldn't be a subframe issue.. or engine mount (same again).. or steering rack, or steering column.

yeah and i'm comparing RHD 335 to RHD 135, so they both have steering rack's next to the turbo

well looks like i'll HAVE to go stage 2's if it won't fit for whatever reason LOL (
    Last edited by Flinchy; 08-07-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on a similar note

M3 vs non M front subframe?

every.single. RWD 1er and 3er besides the M3 shares an identical subframe (LHD, RHD, 116i, 1m, 335i the lot)

the M3 one is different because it's a V8, and has different engine mounts for the front subframe/rear mount i assume?

just thinking as some of the packages on ebay come with the full front axle inc subframe, whether it would fit or not hah

just wanting to look at all potential upgrades Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on a similar note

M3 vs non M front subframe?

every.single. RWD 1er and 3er besides the M3 shares an identical subframe (LHD, RHD, 116i, 1m, 335i the lot)

the M3 one is different because it's a V8, and has different engine mounts for the front subframe/rear mount i assume?

just thinking as some of the packages on ebay come with the full front axle inc subframe, whether it would fit or not hah

just wanting to look at all potential upgrades Click here to enlarge
    i think you can use the rear subframe but Bryce will have to chime in.

he has or used to have a 135i, and has a thread like this on 1addicts(dot)com

he would know

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eldo Click here to enlarge
    i think you can use the rear subframe but Bryce will have to chime in.

he has or used to have a 135i, and has a thread like this on 1addicts(dot)com

he would know
    rear subframe i know fits perfectly, and all the suspension bar the... toe arm which needs the M3 spindle as well

just the front one.. i know it LOOKS totally different, but i have no clue how that translates to installation lol
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    rear subframe i know fits perfectly, and all the suspension bar the... toe arm which needs the M3 spindle as well

just the front one.. i know it LOOKS totally different, but i have no clue how that translates to installation lol
    Cant help you on that. I never took my subrame off, dp were installed on a lift without dropping subframe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha fair enough

i'm sure someone has seen both up close to know what the deal is in the past
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha fair enough

i'm sure someone has seen both up close to know what the deal is in the past
    Im sure someone has seen them up close...

@Terry@BMS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My first post at bimmerboost. 07 335 e90. Jb4 G4, intake cones. I had all six injectors swapped, and fuel pump, by dealer. I have some general questions as a newb. Looking to make the next mods, been reading thru these posts looking for some ideas.

1. I get an engine malfunction error at high speed (dont wanna say how high). The motor loses power and goes rough idle after i hit a high speed, prob stock limited top speed from factory. A simple shut off and restart fixes the problem. I am thinking i should upgrade jb4 from G4 to G5 with latest flash. I havent flashed since purchase in '11. Terry sells an upgrade and a harness to remove top speed limiter. Also i think i get rev limiter removal as well. Any advice about How best to get after that procedure? i have the usb cable and can handle downloading app software to my laptop prob. I have a good mechanic here in norcal (marconi motorsports) so we will do it at his shop but he's a bmw/porsche shop mechanic not a modder so he hasnt worked with tunes or mods until now!

2. Suspension. Stock suspension feels floaty at high speed, so i want to target that mod next. i got some advice to go with adjustable coilovers. Did some research and read front and rear M suspension upgrades a good investment - plus the ohlins sound like a good coilover product. Cost about $3500 - best approach? Feedback appreciated.

3. Intercooler. I would love some more power, got advice i can get an extra 20 horsies here. Any advice for a good product? I saw one which didnt require any bumper cutout for about $600.

4. I dont understand all these acronyms y'all use. FBO, DCI's, AFR's, ETS FMIC, ER CP, COBB, QUAIFE LSD...

5. Exhaust - i am in california, so i am considering skipping the exhaust upgrade, hassle to swap em out every 2 years for smog check.

6. Fuels. I have read some good stuff about E85 ethanol here. But i have never seen it at the pump in CA. Any ideas here? I did fill up with 96 octane at infineon raceway once ($75 for half a tank) and although i heard the turbos whine louder, i didnt notice significant power gains if any at all (by foot - never dyno'd). You guys talking about methanol?

7. Rubber - swapped out the runflats for a korean tire, forget brand, too lazy to get up right now to check. no complaints. What do y'all do for spares? I will need AAA if i ever get a flat.

8. Comfort control. Generally pretty sweet. However, Locked my goddamn keys in the trunk with my boss's boss's boss watching, 2 hours from the airport (in sacramento) on a business trip. No joke. AAA almost didnt get it open, took an hour. Any ideas/mods here to hack open my car with an iphone app? Maybe i hide a key? Goddamn software let me lock my keys in the car.

9. Fuzzbuster. Looking to avoid tickets. 400 plus or minus HP is addictive. Anyone got in bumper or other radar products they recommend?

10. Brakes. I drive in SF a lot. Stopping power a must for tourists and general drifters wandering into my lane. Stock setup good enough? I saw some aftermarket brakes for front but theyre $3000 or more. Ouch. However, i hate to be the guy that puts money into power and then wrecks because lame drivers are out there. Wondering if gains are significant, and money a good tradeoff here.
    Anyone replies, ty in advance. Love my car and looking forward to joining the community of racers on this blog. 20 minutes from infineon so track days in my future. I dont want to lose to my pal with the 458 italia. Help an N54 brother out!

11. Any good hacks for idrive? I cant clear the low tire warning, and have to click ok on startup!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mholst Click here to enlarge
    My first post at bimmerboost. 07 335 e90. Jb4 G4, intake cones. I had all six injectors swapped, and fuel pump, by dealer. I have some general questions as a newb. Looking to make the next mods, been reading thru these posts looking for some ideas.

1. I get an engine malfunction error at high speed (dont wanna say how high). The motor loses power and goes rough idle after i hit a high speed, prob stock limited top speed from factory. A simple shut off and restart fixes the problem. I am thinking i should upgrade jb4 from G4 to G5 with latest flash. I havent flashed since purchase in '11. Terry sells an upgrade and a harness to remove top speed limiter. Also i think i get rev limiter removal as well. Any advice about How best to get after that procedure? i have the usb cable and can handle downloading app software to my laptop prob. I have a good mechanic here in norcal (marconi motorsports) so we will do it at his shop but he's a bmw/porsche shop mechanic not a modder so he hasnt worked with tunes or mods until now!

2. Suspension. Stock suspension feels floaty at high speed, so i want to target that mod next. i got some advice to go with adjustable coilovers. Did some research and read front and rear M suspension upgrades a good investment - plus the ohlins sound like a good coilover product. Cost about $3500 - best approach? Feedback appreciated.

3. Intercooler. I would love some more power, got advice i can get an extra 20 horsies here. Any advice for a good product? I saw one which didnt require any bumper cutout for about $600.

4. I dont understand all these acronyms y'all use. FBO, DCI's, AFR's, ETS FMIC, ER CP, COBB, QUAIFE LSD...

5. Exhaust - i am in california, so i am considering skipping the exhaust upgrade, hassle to swap em out every 2 years for smog check.

6. Fuels. I have read some good stuff about E85 ethanol here. But i have never seen it at the pump in CA. Any ideas here? I did fill up with 96 octane at infineon raceway once ($75 for half a tank) and although i heard the turbos whine louder, i didnt notice significant power gains if any at all (by foot - never dyno'd). You guys talking about methanol?

7. Rubber - swapped out the runflats for a korean tire, forget brand, too lazy to get up right now to check. no complaints. What do y'all do for spares? I will need AAA if i ever get a flat.

8. Comfort control. Generally pretty sweet. However, Locked my goddamn keys in the trunk with my boss's boss's boss watching, 2 hours from the airport (in sacramento) on a business trip. No joke. AAA almost didnt get it open, took an hour. Any ideas/mods here to hack open my car with an iphone app? Maybe i hide a key? Goddamn software let me lock my keys in the car.

9. Fuzzbuster. Looking to avoid tickets. 400 plus or minus HP is addictive. Anyone got in bumper or other radar products they recommend?

10. Brakes. I drive in SF a lot. Stopping power a must for tourists and general drifters wandering into my lane. Stock setup good enough? I saw some aftermarket brakes for front but theyre $3000 or more. Ouch. However, i hate to be the guy that puts money into power and then wrecks because lame drivers are out there. Wondering if gains are significant, and money a good tradeoff here.
    Anyone replies, ty in advance. Love my car and looking forward to joining the community of racers on this blog. 20 minutes from infineon so track days in my future. I dont want to lose to my pal with the 458 italia. Help an N54 brother out!

11. Any good hacks for idrive? I cant clear the low tire warning, and have to click ok on startup!
    Welcome.

That's a lot of questions, I suggest creating a thread.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For 1) make sure to log your car and the email Terry.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I remember this thread in a past life. Glad to see its back, it's very useful for newer folk. Hell I may be posting an issue here in time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234