Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My ADVAN in-boot meth tank

since a bunch of you guys are banned on e90post, and i didn't see any mention of this part on here, I thought I'd post up my meth tank setup.

There was no spot to hide the pump in the trunk, so we had to use that plastic piece. I'm just happy there's no big tank taking up a bunch of room back there. This worked out pretty nicely. Since I installed this though, someone showed you can relocate the amp without splicing wires or anything - so at some point I plan on doing that and sticking the pump under there.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really like this set-up. Looks pretty clean. You could probably put together a little cover for the pump and cover it with carpet that matches the trunk carpet (like a custom sub enclosure). Any concerns with the pump not being gravity fed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't had any issues, no disruption in flow at all. Same as before when it was in the WW tank.

I don't want to put a cover over that spot, i just plan on hiding it completely under the cover
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats perfect, curious why the didnt leave room for the pump though. How much does it hold? Whats it cost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This would be my ideal setup if I were to run Meth....

Real dope tank jpsimon! Click here to enlargeI wish I could cough up the $$ for that tank....Waiting for Dzenno to come up with something at a cheaper price point
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No gravity feed though...Does it hamper flow at all?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flow has not been hampered at all.

Price was a lot. If you aren't mentally prepared to pay $200 for shipping alone from Australia this is definitely not for you. I think I payed around $600 for the tank itself. They're build to order, there was no run of them or anything. The price is definitely crazy, but I didn't like any other tank. I wanted it to be completely hidden (obviously still need to hide the pump).

There's no room for the pump in the same spot as the tank. It's got to go where the amp is, and there's no room for both so the amp must be moved.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey I got the same tank, but being local no $200 delivery fee. I put the pump under the plastic cover where yours is located, plenty of room and all hidden. the other location I was considering (if there was a gravity issue, which there isn't) is up on the front chassis rail near the firewall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great setup!

I'm going to fabricate my own if nobody comes up with something by the end of this month probably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    Great setup!

I'm going to fabricate my own if nobody comes up with something by the end of this month probably.
    figure a place to put/mount the pump with it, and im in for a 2nd one Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mounted externally under the drivers side wheel whele my meth pump. It's basically right behind the plastic under the bumper. There is a small empty pocket where a pump can fit there. You need to fabricate a bracket to hold it in place to the hard plastic. Mine has been installed there for over 3 years and no issues. If you had to visualize, it's directly underneath the amp but outside of the trunk!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once you get that pump hidden thats the ultimate trunk install. I love that meth tank, just cant justify the price. Nice setup man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    figure a place to put/mount the pump with it, and im in for a 2nd one Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I've never done anything like this in my life so I'm not sure how pretty it'll look, I'm just going to make something that works. I feel the same way you do, I want something that can accommodate the pump as well.

I'm considering a steel tank under the front impact beam since all I would need is a simple square tank with some fittings and a bracket to hold it in place and mount the pump under it. The only problem is my bumper has one messed up screw location which holds it against the fender, so if I take my front bumper off to measure things it may be a pain in the ass to get it back on.

I'm going to ask my mechanic if he ever pulls a front bumper off if I can come take some measurements. Even a small tank is fine by me.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I mounted externally under the drivers side wheel whele my meth pump. It's basically right behind the plastic under the bumper. There is a small empty pocket where a pump can fit there. You need to fabricate a bracket to hold it in place to the hard plastic. Mine has been installed there for over 3 years and no issues. If you had to visualize, it's directly underneath the amp but outside of the trunk!
    Yeah I've been eye-balling that same spot. It came to my attention when changing diffusers in the winter. The area was fairly dry and well sealed off and only had little tiny pebbles on the floor.

Did you make a bracket that holds it higher up or did you mount it on the floor? I'm guessing mounting it higher up would make it even safer? Throwing a small sheet of aluminum in front of the pump seems overkill, I'm guessing just running the electrical wires through some loom would be enough and since I'd be running stainless lines they are not a concern.

My only issue would be getting access to the pump for maintenance. The Duke Dynamics diffuser is a bit tricky to remove since it's a very tight fit and the carbon gets stress cracks if you flex it too much. My exhaust tips are also a bit too large and only have about 1mm clearance from the diffuser all around so getting that to lineup would be a pain as well. For the rare occasion when I want to checkup on things could I just take off the rear wheel and pop off the fender liner and still access that same area?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PS: Anybody have the CM pump dimensions?

I think it was 9" length by 4" diameter, but just want to confirm!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mounted it right onto the plastic with two strips of aluminum strips that I drilled out holes to secure the pump to the bracket and unto the plastic cover near drivers wheel whele. It's basically right behind where a splash guard would go. I put some foam in the area to eliminate any vibration the pump would cause. If the car is off obviously you will hear the pump working and there is slight vibration but honestly when the car is on and your boosting over 7 psi there ain't much to be heard but the sweet sound of FI and my exhaust! As for maintenance it's actually not hard at all. Taking off rear tire and a couple of 8mm screws and the panel comes right down and the pump is exposed. I have it installed over 9000+ miles without a hiccup. Well at least the pump, I have already been through 600 dollars worth of flow sensors! From Lebonte ( POS). snow failsafe (better but still sucks) to what I have now which is the bullet proof Aquamist unit (best)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you remove that plastic box the pump sits in now, there is quite alot of space under there.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    If you remove that plastic box the pump sits in now, there is quite alot of space under there.
    Isn't the Logic7 amp right there? I was digging around in the trunk a couple days ago and there was something that looked like an amplifier right there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes that silver box with the the heat sink is the amp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    my pump won't fit without moving the amp out of that spot. otherwise it wouldn't be on top of the plastic. eventually I will relocate the amp and put the pump under the plastic
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    since a bunch of you guys are banned on e90post, and i didn't see any mention of this part on here, I thought I'd post up my meth tank setup.
    Due to the extreme toxic nature of methanol, most advise against setting it up in the trunk. It's better to run it from the windshield washer fluid reservoir. When run in the trunk, fumes escape from the trunk, and seep into the cabin. This is especially dangerous for children and pregnant women passengers, as inhaled methanol is a mutagen, and a teratogen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    my pump won't fit without moving the amp out of that spot. otherwise it wouldn't be on top of the plastic. eventually I will relocate the amp and put the pump under the plastic
    I didnt have any amp there, so I guess thats why it seemed like such a huge empty space Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Due to the extreme toxic nature of methanol, most advise against setting it up in the trunk. It's better to run it from the windshield washer fluid reservoir. When run in the trunk, fumes escape from the trunk, and seep into the cabin. This is especially dangerous for children and pregnant women passengers, as inhaled methanol is a mutagen, and a teratogen.
    Which is why you buy a tank that doesn't vent to the atmosphere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Which is why you buy a tank that doesn't vent to the atmosphere.
    Nothing is completely air tight, especially in the heat of the summer. You will get some evaporation, and this stuff is bad news. Just do some reading on it. There is a reason why GM decided not to build cars with this stuff. It's much better to spray water/alcohol. You don't get as much horsepower as meth, but you get the same cooling effects, and no toxicity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    That explains a lot, you meth baby Click here to enlarge You really need to come off your high horse & realize you've been wrong on about 98.3% of what you post
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thought you were mocking my posts on the other forums for a second there, but realize that you are serious now. There will be a publication from a top research team being published regarding the matter, but these publications have to go through a million hurdles before being made public so who knows how long it will take.

Nothing is completely air tight, especially in the heat of the summer. You will get some evaporation, and this stuff is bad news. Just do some reading on it. There is a reason why GM decided not to build cars with this stuff. It's much better to spray water/alcohol. You don't get as much horsepower as meth, but you get the same cooling effects, and no toxicity.
    If anybody has access to a research lab get an aromatic tracer and throw it into the "sealed" meth tank. Let me know how bad the car stinks when you are done haha.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That explains a lot, you meth baby Click here to enlarge You really need to come off your high horse & realize you've been wrong on about 98.3% of what you post
    He's actually pretty on point this time around.

If I was 40 years old and already had kids I wouldn't even worry, but I'm nowhere even close to being 40 and nowhere close to having kids yet so I'm not willing to take risks at the expense of future offspring.

An external vent tube or a tank rated for vaccum seem like some pretty easy solutions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast