Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I went back to the track lastnight. I changed from my fully catless x-pipe back to stock x pipe (primary cats removed still) because i like the tone of my exhaust better with the stock X, has more character.

Im looking for my next oldest time slips, but my mph is down. exact same ET, 11.8-12.0 but at only 119/120 mph (on DR's)

For anyopne that cares. DA, on this car, is worth about .5 mph per 1k foot drop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I went back to the track lastnight. I changed from my fully catless x-pipe back to stock x pipe (primary cats removed still) because i like the tone of my exhaust better with the stock X, has more character.

Im looking for my next oldest time slips, but my mph is down. exact same ET, 11.8-12.0 but at only 119/120 mph (on DR's)

Not really sure how to analyze drag strip data and conditions, but interesting to note that you were still able to keep the same ET with only a tad dip in trap speed.

Does that indicate that you lost a very minute amount of power? Or too hard to tell because of endless variables?
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Not really sure how to analyze drag strip data and conditions, but interesting to note that you were still able to keep the same ET with only a tad dip in trap speed.

Does that indicate that you lost a very minute amount of power? Or too hard to tell because of endless variables?
    I think its a bit too many variables. i did have different gas in it, temps were higher, conditions were not the same ect. The s2000 was there again, he was running same mph as before, and its odd because of ET staying the same.

I think its too much variation to be conclusive, so im gonna stay on stock x for a few more days and try again when conditions are close or better, and use same fuel from same gas station again ect.

Im torn over whether I want a sound i enjoy, or 1-2 more mph.. but im also going to look into having the aftermarket X in the xpipe changed out, see if that give me the charachter/tone i want

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Would strongly advise not using primary CAT's. No matter what.

This is a huge amount of back pressure on the combustion chamber.

You might remember we did some pressure testing along the entire exhaust using pressure sensors. Removing the primary cats gives a 0.5 Bar reduction in back pressure.

We did some testing on our SC kit with and without primary cats and we found the engine was not happy at all. We have to remove even more ignition with the cats in place. That should tell you enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think its a bit too many variables. i did have different gas in it, temps were higher, conditions were not the same ect. The s2000 was there again, he was running same mph as before, and its odd because of ET staying the same.

I think its too much variation to be conclusive, so im gonna stay on stock x for a few more days and try again when conditions are close or better, and use same fuel from same gas station again ect.

Im torn over whether I want a sound i enjoy, or 1-2 more mph.. but im also going to look into having the aftermarket X in the xpipe changed out, see if that give me the charachter/tone i want
    Yeah that definitely sounds like a handful of variables to consider!

It's always a tough call with exhaust systems because I feel like there is always a compromise in one way or another. Hopefully you find something you end up enjoying on all accounts!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I changed from my fully catless x-pipe back to stock x pipe (primary cats removed still) because i like the tone of my exhaust better with the stock X, has more character.
    Looks like it may be costing you a MPH though.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Would strongly advise not using primary CAT's. No matter what.

This is a huge amount of back pressure on the combustion chamber.

You might remember we did some pressure testing along the entire exhaust using pressure sensors. Removing the primary cats gives a 0.5 Bar reduction in back pressure.

We did some testing on our SC kit with and without primary cats and we found the engine was not happy at all. We have to remove even more ignition with the cats in place. That should tell you enough.
    I revert back to your testing on many thingss. I still have primary cats deleted. It's basically a turner test pipe configuration. Secondary cats and resonators

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's good info...i was wondering about this...thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12