Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ESS 535+ Results at the dragstrip

Better air and the upgraded pulley seemed to get me to where I wanted to be with this kit.

First 2 runs my meth was completely off to see what I could do.

Click here to enlarge

Broke my personal best, as expected, and i got to 121mph.

It has become very very evident that it is useless to go for better times and MPH without putting some sticky tires on.

The 11.9 @ 121 run was a short shift from 1-2 but still heavy wheelspin.

First 2 runs are not on camera. 1st was solo and 2nd was against an old trans am. I was saving tape and battery for what i thought would be a night of GTR footage.

the 2nd 2 runs were some of my worst as far as traction and rev-limit banging

Seems the cold weather and $10.5K Gamblers race payout drew a very very large crowd as you can see from the timestamps. I was done after the 3rd run, but owed it too all of you to stay and see what the GTR could actually do.

He is stock turbo/ custom exhaust and was tuning for E85. No launch control as you could tell

Video again for those that didnt see it

Ill be headed back with sticky rubber next week

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice results man. Click here to enlarge So you are as fast, if not faster, as a VT2-600. Can you pull a 6 second 60-130 out of the car? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    impressive steve...let me know when you head back would love to join.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Nice results man. Click here to enlarge So you are as fast, if not faster, as a VT2-600. Can you pull a 6 second 60-130 out of the car? Click here to enlarge
    i should be just as fast, i doubt faster.. seems even the 650/7xxhp kits cant match that "special" 600 car on 6.5 psi.. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    impressive steve...let me know when you head back would love to join.
    I will let you know, but you will have even tougher traction issue than I, but im using your tires at least once before i give them back Click here to enlarge

the "mini" Launch control works wonders though, between you and @BrenM3 seemed to have figured this dct thing out Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i should be just as fast, i doubt faster.. seems even the 650/7xxhp kits cant match that "special" 600 car on 6.5 psi..
    It must be the air. Click here to enlarge Have you seen img's recent record? High 6's.

But i can assure you that the car did that 6 second run was a sc'd M3 DCT not a 911. However perhaps some amount of nitrous found it's way to the engine while the run was done. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    It must be the air. Click here to enlarge Have you seen img's recent record? High 6's.

But i can assure you that the car did that 6 second run was a sc'd M3 DCT not a 911. However perhaps some amount of nitrous found it's way to the engine while the run was done. Click here to enlarge
    No there's absolutely no doubt he ran that time without nitrous (where the hell did that come from?). I'm making 550whp & I have run maybe 12 runs in the mid 6's my best was 6.46 at sea-level. But I was carrying an issue where the s/c belt would slip immediately after the shift. I was losing 2-3 tenths as a result of this. I have now fixed that issue and when I go down to sea-level again (probably December), i'm pretty sure i'll get down to the target time of 6.16. I don't see why everyone is grasping with the concept. The 1st time i ever did a run I got 6.9 at 5500ft elevation in auto mode. I posted the vid below of my 1st ever 60-130 run. In auto mode so I could film and with 3/4 full tank of pump gas (gauge can be seen in the video). That run was sent & verified, but obviously I got better as I got the hang of it, used manual mode, less fuel, etc & ended up with a verified 6.46. But the point is my very 1st run totally unprepped I banged a 6.9 twice & it seemed all too easy

So I think there's no problem with this time, but hey that's just me.

Awesome times BTW LM. You need DR's & then you need more boost. But with DR's alone you going to run mid to low 11's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    No there's absolutely no doubt he ran that time without nitrous (where the hell did that come from?). I'm making 550whp & I have run maybe 12 runs in the mid 6's my best was 6.46 at sea-level. But I was carrying an issue where the s/c belt would slip immediately after the shift. I was losing 2-3 tenths as a result of this. I have now fixed that issue and when I go down to sea-level again (probably December), i'm pretty sure i'll get down to the target time of 6.16. I don't see why everyone is grasping with the concept. The 1st time i ever did a run I got 6.9 at 5500ft elevation in auto mode. I posted the vid below of my 1st ever 60-130 run. In auto mode so I could film and with 3/4 full tank of pump gas (gauge can be seen in the video). That run was sent & verified, but obviously I got better as I got the hang of it, used manual mode, less fuel, etc & ended up with a verified 6.46. But the point is my very 1st run totally unprepped I banged a 6.9 twice & it seemed all too easy

So I think there's no problem with this time, but hey that's just me.

Awesome times BTW LM. You need DR's & then you need more boost. But with DR's alone you going to run mid to low 11's.

http://youtu.be/3KCZ7aO7jzA

its not the time, its the configuration

slope was less than 1%,
    boost was 6-6.5 psi
    650 and 7xx kits have not broken the record yet
    a 6.5psi car needed 100 shot of n20 and a 2.x decline to get there
    650hp p-cars have trouble running that time.

as for me, i think im done unless its group outing. Ill go once more to see what i can do with sticky rubber, but im not about beating the trans up right now. id prefer to stick to highspeed runs with interesting cars.

I was in line and lots of cars wanted to run me (all afraid of gtr though) but it just wasnt interesting anymore..the nice cars werent fast, and the fast cars weren't nice..I think im developing my BMW pretentiousness rather well Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what was DA last night at ATCO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    what was DA last night at ATCO
    first run i believe was +800
    2nd and 3rd were close but about +50
    last one was -199

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I definitely can't wait for your next set of runs with sticky rubber Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    about time Lm you have had those dr's for like ages now lol .
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think his car was running 6.5 psi & I don't even think he knew it. So it wasn't a 600 kit car. I suspect his boost was at least 7.5. Did he ever post a dyno? Tom@EAS ran 6.56 with a VF620 kit. I don't know what he dyno's but I saw dyno day results at EAS & the VF620 cars were dyno'ing around 490hp. So if he ran 6.56 with around 500hp, then I assume if one has 550hp, one should run a bit quicker. My hunch is that car had higher boost, and maybe was making the power of a 625 or maybe even a 650. But he certainly did run that time, I know it's possible. I just don't know what power that car was making, unless I missed a dyno graph he posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    first run i believe was +8002nd and 3rd were close but about +50last one was -199
    Cool man, I'll be out there when it gets colder to try and break 120 mph hehe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the "mini" Launch control works wonders though, between you and @BrenM3 seemed to have figured this dct thing out Click here to enlarge
    Hey LM, great runs!

By the way, what's the "mini" launch control feature? Is that just punching it to the kick-down button from a stop? I can't enable the real launch control feature until I hit 1,200 miles and I'm only half-way there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Greek 600 car was claiming everything as basic, no upgrades, ect. That was always my issue, that in a basic setup, its impossible, the numbers just dont line up.

I might try and bolt them.on for tomorrow night, last time I tried they wouldn't fit after lowering, so I should at least check I guess.. they don't fit over your bbk now right AK?

"Mini" launch control is easy. Come to a stop, take door completely off the brake, slam foot on gas tryin to put it through the floorboard. Works like a charm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *foot, not door LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *foot, not door LOL
    ha yeah no worries i had to read it twice but figured it out. ok great yeah I tried this a couple time and it was fun. Got a little wheel spin but it hooked pretty well. Does it still work for you on the street (without warming tires) with the blower? I'd assume it would still work quite well given the low torque even with the blower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Greek 600 car was claiming everything as basic, no upgrades, ect. That was always my issue, that in a basic setup, its impossible, the numbers just dont line up.
    Ok I agree with you 100% there bro. It had to be making at least 550rwhp to run 6.1. Now I don't know if they messed with the kit or maybe he just didn't know and he was running more boost that a 600 should. Would be nice if he posted a dyno.

"Mini" launch control is easy. Come to a stop, take door completely off the brake, slam foot on gas tryin to put it through the floorboard. Works like a charm
    With a boosted-M, that goes into mssive wheelspin & sideways action. I have a method I use & I ran 11.6 on street tyres with this 1. I do the stomp launch. But as the rears break out, before the car has even left the tree, I back off the throttle to about 1/4 (maybe less, depends on how much wheelspin you getting). But in 1 fluid motion, you back off, then as the revs drop you re-apply throttle. It's kinda' hard to explain, but it you catch it at the right rev & throttle yo leave the line with minimal wheelspin. Just watch out for the sideways action at the top of 1st & 2nd gears. But the trick is to get the rears spinning & back off even before you leave the line & then re-apply throttle.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats faster than many would suspect... I had expected traps in the 122-123range its close for sure.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very consistent....great job....i got a blown s2k for you to run now....if it ever gets here.....lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Thats faster than many would suspect... I had expected traps in the 122-123range its close for sure.
    for pure street setup, im content.. sticky tires so i can see whats max, and then i want to try some racefuel with sticky tires. most imprtant part right now is getting consistant, which i havent been able to do

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    ha yeah no worries i had to read it twice but figured it out. ok great yeah I tried this a couple time and it was fun. Got a little wheel spin but it hooked pretty well. Does it still work for you on the street (without warming tires) with the blower? I'd assume it would still work quite well given the low torque even with the blower.
    I havent tried it on the street, ive been told its no good, but i cant see why it would be worse than anything else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is much better but I don't understand why you don't use drag radials or launch control.

I bet you I could get a 123 trap out of it...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can't really use launch without DR's. Will just go up in smoke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is fantastic!

I love seeing people out having fun like this...setting what I believe is a benchmark example.

The 1.9s 60s are pretty solid without slicks....I think you will easily get into the 1.6s if you could hook. The issue then is drivetrain strength.....but it would carry you to 11.5s or better based on your trap speed.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast