Close

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It would be nice to see this happen. We should be at Shift Sector, not sure if we will have any BMW's though. I'd like to get ER's 135i either there or to the 1/4 mile just for kicks, hopefully once we finish up the new file.

Didn't Terry want to race Shiv at one of the previous events, but Shiv was making excuses?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC Click here to enlarge
    Didn't Terry want to race Shiv at one of the previous events, but Shiv was making excuses?
    I believe this was supposed to be on the drag strip but Shiv never went.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually, i believe he did try to line up with him at the roll event as well. IIRC shiv moved his car and all his stuff away from T

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It begs the question why... Seriously Shiv seems worthless in terms of driving skills and performance of his single turbo setup he has running. The results are underwhelming by most accounts. Fanboys will say otherwise.. Gotta love them

Sticky's car takes a loss no matter what in my opinion. The car has taken forever to build and if he wins, well hell he should have. That money spent and possible power it makes means it should be fast. But if the trap speed is low well then that will be a whole other issue. On the other hand if he loses the race well that will make for total hilarity. Fanboys everywhere will rejoice and the hell will have frozen over.

I bet on the Unicorn because of its power and Shiv cant shift for worth a damn

IMO Shiv is looking to justify the performace of his kit vs the naysayers and well to stick it to Sticky. He wins no matter what... He loses the race he can say I only lost by X amount of cars. If he wins then he just shat on the expected fastest M3 in the country.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

If Shiv wins, we'll never hear the end of it Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Sticky's car takes a loss no matter what in my opinion. The car has taken forever to build and if he wins, well hell he should have. That money spent and possible power it makes means it should be fast. But if the trap speed is low well then that will be a whole other issue. On the other hand if he loses the race well that will make for total hilarity. Fanboys everywhere will rejoice and the hell will have frozen over.
    I'm sure people would love for me to lose or for the car to have some kind of issues or whatever. If it makes some people happy at my expense so be it. I'll dust myself off and try again. Happened when I first got the SC that things didn't go well at the strip. Tried again shortly after and cracked 130. Everyone shut up pretty quickly after that.

I didn't think the car would ever take anywhere near this long. It isn't even as simple as just throwing money at it. Yes, a lot spent and a ton of downtime. So, it better perform. I agree with you on that aspect.

However, where I disagree with you is the idea that it's a loss no matter what due to the time. Are we car enthusiasts or are we not? Is nobody glad someone is pushing the platform? Look at the M156 guys, they have benefited greatly from some big HP big dollar builds. Why shouldn't people be positive about this instead of constantly talking down or pessimistically almost wishing failure like you seem to be?

I mean I expect that attitude from the N54 guys which is fine due to how I characterize the M3 versus it but why from someone with a domestic background? It almost seems like it is more of a personal issue here.

IMO Shiv is looking to justify the performace of his kit vs the naysayers and well to stick it to Sticky. He wins no matter what... He loses the race he can say I only lost by X amount of cars. If he wins then he just shat on the expected fastest M3 in the country.
    How does he win no matter what? If the single turbo gets blown away, which it should, the kit doesn't look all that great at that point. Nobody ever looks at a car getting demolished and says oh he only lost by so and so amount of cars so its still a win. Nope, it's a loss, period, and it will show the single turbo isn't quite as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. On e90 fanboys are practically having orgasms in the threads as if it makes the N54 something undefeatable.

Plus, it will also be a bunch of publicity. So I think it is a win-win for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How does he win no matter what? If the single turbo gets blown away, which it should, the kit doesn't look all that great at that point. Nobody ever looks at a car getting demolished and says oh he only lost by so and so amount of cars so its still a win. Nope, it's a loss, period, and it will show the single turbo isn't quite as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. On e90 fanboys are practically having orgasms in the threads as if it makes the N54 something undefeatable.

"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning." Haha.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the status of Sticky's car... engine buttoned up yet? DCT parts made? Is it an existing blower, or a new design? 2 months from now... seems tight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure people would love for me to lose or for the car to have some kind of issues or whatever. If it makes some people happy at my expense so be it. I'll dust myself off and try again. Happened when I first got the SC that things didn't go well at the strip. Tried again shortly after and cracked 130. Everyone shut up pretty quickly after that.

I didn't think the car would ever take anywhere near this long. It isn't even as simple as just throwing money at it. Yes, a lot spent and a ton of downtime. So, it better perform. I agree with you on that aspect.

However, where I disagree with you is the idea that it's a loss no matter what due to the time. Are we car enthusiasts or are we not? Is nobody glad someone is pushing the platform? Look at the M156 guys, they have benefited greatly from some big HP big dollar builds. Why shouldn't people be positive about this instead of constantly talking down or pessimistically almost wishing failure like you seem to be?

I mean I expect that attitude from the N54 guys which is fine due to how I characterize the M3 versus it but why from someone with a domestic background? It almost seems like it is more of a personal issue here.

One mans opinion thats all it is... I will co-sign the publicity if it nets more members and clicks for the advertisers
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One mans opinion thats all it is... I will co-sign the publicity if it nets more members and clicks for the advertisers
    If it is a positive atmosphere, companies get attention, we get more members, then it's all good. I would happily lose a race if it were to be beneficial for the forum and the users here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    What's the status of Sticky's car... engine buttoned up yet? DCT parts made? Is it an existing blower, or a new design? 2 months from now... seems tight.
    Yes, the dct parts were all built. The motor had to be removed and reinstalled due to some things they found. Glad I didn't have to learn the hard way like some of the others. The YSI is an existing blower made by Vortech.

Definitely tight, but as I said, if I can't make it whatever he wants wherever he wants.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully this all works out. This should be an exciting race!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes I wanted to run him last time around. For whatever reason it didn't work out. Apparently there are a few automatic single turbo cars coming so it will be fun to see how they do against my 135i with RB turbos making ~100 less hp.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yes I wanted to run him last time around. For whatever reason it didn't work out. Apparently there are a few automatic single turbo cars coming so it will be fun to see how they do against my 135i with RB turbos making ~100 less hp.
    Looking forward to your results Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it is a positive atmosphere, companies get attention, we get more members, then it's all good.
    It was a great atmosphere last time. I can only imagine it being the same this time around. At the end of the day we are all just boys having fun with our toys. Sometimes one toy goes faster than another then its back to the shop to add more toys until the next time around.

Hope to see you out there Sticky and good luck on getting everything done in time. It will be nice to finally put a face to the name. Were you able to get in and register today? I will be there on Sunday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I'm well aware of that.

Things I can't discuss are the hold up but looks like everything is ironed out on all these built motor setups and it should be running in time for the event. I won't hold my breath though but we'll see.

I will say there was a head stud issue at one point and some other things as well. The S65 heads will lift once you go past a certain level.
    I hope you don't still have to pay full price. Don't you think they should be doing it for free at this point?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! I can't wait till this race goes down. I'm sure he'll have something up his sleeve by that time so you better be putting down 700whp at least Sticky. Don't let it be a close race, show him the difference Click here to enlarge.

I believe I'll be at the Shift sector event with my car too. Hopefully I can use some E47, I gotta bring a jug with me. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    When this goes down, lots of vids please.
    +1 Wish I lived in SoCal Click here to enlarge
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Nice! I can't wait till this race goes down. I'm sure he'll have something up his sleeve by that time so you better be putting down 700whp at least Sticky. Don't let it be a close race, show him the difference Click here to enlarge.

I believe I'll be at the Shift sector event with my car too. Hopefully I can use some E47, I gotta bring a jug with me. Click here to enlarge
    Like a built n54? Its been very quiet since he had that block he was talking about building...heh

I hope sticky's car will be done in time, its good for bimmerboost....just make sure to get it on video

I'm actually more excited to see Terry's RB 135 vs. some singles, could be verrrry interesting.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Like a built n54? Its been very quiet since he had that block he was talking about building...heh

I hope sticky's car will be done in time, its good for bimmerboost....just make sure to get it on video

I'm actually more excited to see Terry's RB 135 vs. some singles, could be verrrry interesting.
    Is the 135 that much faster than the 335? If so, may have to scrap getting another E9X and shoot for an E8X...I don't like how they look very much though.
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EDM92 Click here to enlarge
    Is the 135 that much faster than the 335? If so, may have to scrap getting another E9X and shoot for an E8X...I don't like how they look very much though.

They aren't that much faster, but I still think a properly tuned RB car could hang with a single turbo car.....at least for now, imo it would be close.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure the RB car could keep up for a 1/2mi though. 1/4 I think we're gonna see some RB cars break the ST record soon. Prob not the 1/2 mi though. IDK though, T's car is an AUTO. It should be interesting.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Race him already. Win or lose who cares. Losing is part of racing, just as winning is but you have to be in it to win it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We should have some of the big boy GTR's go out and show everyone else that there car's slow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    I hope you don't still have to pay full price. Don't you think they should be doing it for free at this point?
    I wish it worked like that.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast