Close

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Most of the misinformation from Shiv has been smaller details and omissions. Here he blatantly says he hit 803 whp on a Dynojet. I don't think this one is a lie, but I'm sure there's more to the story.

Let's play the speculation game:

"I hit 803 whp but..."

=P
    I ditched the 62mm for a 67mm (or larger)and put the turbo in full tilt.
    Sticky for the love of god get an app!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    That would be great for the N54 platform. Forged pistons and rods have been available for some time now, but we haven't really heard much about built N54s on the forums. So props to him if he's pushing the platform further. Although I don't buy into this 803whp thing until I see real proof!
    The N54 comes with forged RODS from the factory. We've had numerous discussions on the pistons though with nothing specific coming out of those.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    Sticky for the love of god get an app!
    Oh sure I'll get right on that:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by App builder
    Bit hard to judge the cost by just glancing at the app, for both iPhone and iPad could be anywhere from $30k - $75k depending on the pieces and what kind of infrastructure is required to power the application.
    Contacted the people who did Bimmerpost's app and they were acquired and are not taking new clients. Additionally vbulletin's built in app support also is not taking any more clients. So I'm still looking for a cost effective solution.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    My car just put down 803whp on a Dynojet Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh sure I'll get right on that:

Contacted the people who did Bimmerpost's app and they were acquired and are not taking new clients. Additionally vbulletin's built in app support also is not taking any more clients. So I'm still looking for a cost effective solution.
    that sucks and is way too costly. in this economy they wont take on new clients?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $30-$50k for an IOS app? AHAHAH

that's incredible, it wouldn't take barely any time to build (1 person working for a few weeks, tops, could get something pretty damn functional... assuming they have no prototype to go off.. haha yeah right)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    that sucks and is way too costly. in this economy they wont take on new clients?!
    That's what I thought. I thought maybe I was getting blacklisted but I triple checked and they were acquired and simply aren't taking anyone right now.

I'll figure something out to get you guys an app, don't worry. I just know what I want in my head but to make it reality isn't financially feasible at the current size the site is at.

Wish finding a good developer was easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    $30-$50k for an IOS app? AHAHAH

that's incredible, it wouldn't take barely any time to build (1 person working for a few weeks, tops, could get something pretty damn functional... assuming they have no prototype to go off.. haha yeah right)
    To make it work with the way I have the forum networked is not as easy as you might think. Notice there aren't really any VB4 sites doing what I'm doing as is let alone doing it on a mobile platform.

I would want an independent app for audiboost, benzboost, bimmerboost, porscheboost, etc., and then a germanboost app that connects all of them. Not quite so simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

To make it work with the way I have the forum networked is not as easy as you might think. Notice there aren't really any VB4 sites doing what I'm doing as is let alone doing it on a mobile platform.

I would want an independent app for audiboost, benzboost, bimmerboost, porscheboost, etc., and then a germanboost app that connects all of them. Not quite so simple.
    your site is pretty different to any other forum i've been on (and i've been on a LOT)

a lot of things are very very nice (the notification system is top notch).. it took me a while to find 'started threads' and 'recent posts' but i got there in the end, and even that's good.. feedback system is also a good idea (i like rating things Click here to enlarge )

there's definitely a LOT more running in the background than the average forum, that's for sure... now that i think about it

why not do what bimmerpost did, with a single app that contains the whole network?.. i mean, not exactly, their app isn't the best, and it certainly cuts out a LOT of features that the forum itself has, which is in turn a lot less features than what this forum/network has.

but it works as an app, MOST of the time better than the full mobile site - looking at a full forum on safari on my iphone kinda sucks, not very intuitive... /firstworldproblem

i'm assuming you'd want the separate apps mainly for the news page? customizable 'front page' (depending what the user sets as their main forum) with each news page as a separate tab? then selectable as to what you want to visit.. unless there are MAJOR functionality differences between each forum, which sounds a tad odd?

ED: i haven't been a member here very long, but i absolutely love the site, the info/content is great, the moderator team seems good (you in particular are nicely active with the community) - much nicer than certain other forums, and the site itself i can't complain anything about yet
    waiting for the app you want, is always a better idea than the one that you can get, and i'm sure it'll be worth the wait Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why not do what bimmerpost did, with a single app that contains the whole network?.. i mean, not exactly, their app isn't the best, and it certainly cuts out a LOT of features that the forum itself has, which is in turn a lot less features than what this forum/network has.
    That is exactly what I would have ultimately done but the stupid developers won't work with anyone so I'm stuck.

So I went to the backup plan of using the vbulletin forumrunner app but they aren't taking new clients either.

your site is pretty different to any other forum i've been on (and i've been on a LOT)

a lot of things are very very nice (the notification system is top notch).. it took me a while to find 'started threads' and 'recent posts' but i got there in the end, and even that's good.. feedback system is also a good idea (i like rating things )
    Notifications system is good but can be better so it's getting an overhaul, here's a sneak peak. You'll have instant facebook style notifications that you can configure however you please and be able to respond from pm's directly from the notification screen without having to leave it. Also add friends, follow friends activity, etc.:

Click here to enlarge

i'm assuming you'd want the separate apps mainly for the news page? customizable 'front page' (depending what the user sets as their main forum) with each news page as a separate tab? then selectable as to what you want to visit.. unless there are MAJOR functionality differences between each forum, which sounds a tad odd?
    Yes, separate apps for the news page which could be accomplished with tabs.

But just think of the volume and reach a separate app for each make would garner. An Audi App, BMW App, Porsche App, etc. It's freaking brilliant and BimmerPost is stuck with BMW only.

ED: i haven't been a member here very long, but i absolutely love the site, the info/content is great, the moderator team seems good (you in particular are nicely active with the community) - much nicer than certain other forums, and the site itself i can't complain anything about yet
    waiting for the app you want, is always a better idea than the one that you can get, and i'm sure it'll be worth the wait
    Thank you, very positive I appreciate that. You guys will get an app, I just want to do it right. I don't want to imitate other sites, I want to do better. Such as what I do versus the others with all the features here. Oh, and more features are coming...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is exactly what I would have ultimately done but the stupid developers won't work with anyone so I'm stuck.

So I went to the backup plan of using the vbulletin forumrunner app but they aren't taking new clients either.

Notifications system is good but can be better so it's getting an overhaul, here's a sneak peak. You'll have instant facebook style notifications that you can configure however you please and be able to respond from pm's directly from the notification screen without having to leave it. Also add friends, follow friends activity, etc.:

Click here to enlarge

Yes, separate apps for the news page which could be accomplished with tabs.

But just think of the volume and reach a separate app for each make would garner. An Audi App, BMW App, Porsche App, etc. It's freaking brilliant and BimmerPost is stuck with BMW only.

Thank you, very positive I appreciate that. You guys will get an app, I just want to do it right. I don't want to imitate other sites, I want to do better. Such as what I do versus the others with all the features here. Oh, and more features are coming...
    The existing forum apps are worse than just browsing the full site in safari IMO, I vote for you finding a good developer (they exist) and doing this right.

Only real "issue" I have is that I need to zoom in to hit the "Show new thread" button without clicking the banner above, adding just a few extra pixels of distance between the bar with links and the banner would be enough.

At work we did a usability study of an product we have, very well invested time, we identified several "easy" fixes that can be solved without any major investments. Then of course we also found some more expensive issues as well, but point is we now know what we need to do IF we want to improve this.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    The existing forum apps are worse than just browsing the full site in safari IMO, I vote for you finding a good developer (they exist) and doing this right.
    I agree. I just don't want some absurdly priced developer.

Only real "issue" I have is that I need to zoom in to hit the "Show new thread" button without clicking the banner above, adding just a few extra pixels of distance between the bar with links and the banner would be enough.
    Why not just click what's new then?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree. I just don't want some absurdly priced developer.

Why not just click what's new then?
    I usually start directly in the n54 section (old habit) and chose the thread I'm interested in, then I need to hit "View New Thread", but maybe you have this link directly from the list in N54? I dont want to reverse the order of threads since the good threads usually have 20+ entries when the sun rises over Stockholm.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I usually start directly in the n54 section (old habit) and chose the thread I'm interested in, then I need to hit "View New Thread", but maybe you have this link directly from the list in N54? I dont want to reverse the order of threads since the good threads usually have 20+ entries when the sun rises over Stockholm.
    View new thread or view new unread post in that thread?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    View new thread or view new unread post in that thread?
    new unread post in that thread.

On a side note, I know a former "online gaming" VP (he is into marketing now) who might be able to find you a good iOS developer if you are interested PM me.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    new unread post in that thread.
    Yes, that is a bit tricky to hit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's what I thought. I thought maybe I was getting blacklisted but I triple checked and they were acquired and simply aren't taking anyone right now.

I'll figure something out to get you guys an app, don't worry. I just know what I want in my head but to make it reality isn't financially feasible at the current size the site is at.

Wish finding a good developer was easy.
    Good devs are nearly impossible to find. Mine went crazy for a few months, and appears to be sane again. I need a good designer, they're almost as hard to find, and they are almost invariably flaky...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We aren't all crazy/flaky
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    We aren't all crazy/flaky
    Or they are already gainfully employed and therefore unobtainable for people like me... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, there are too many good SDE jobs. I actually thought 50K was a reasonable price. :D

Good developers aren't hard to find, they are just hard to pay for.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Good developers aren't hard to find, they are just hard to pay for.
    Find me a good developer that can do everything I need and I'll figure out how to pay for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Beacher335i is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm an only child and my mom isn't into Indians.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol. That's funny. I'm genuinely curious, though. What did this guy do to you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    he tuuk er jooobs

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast