Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Does the European Auto Source (EAS) dynojet dyno read really high? 365 whp stock 2013 E92 DCT M3

I can't help but think that dyno they have over there is pretty darn optimistic. 365 whp stock in California summer weather?

This is @longboarder's car, vid below:

Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw that too, thats why i asked if he got the .drf files it will show the conditions and correction factor.. Im all for comparisons, but thats more than modded cars..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure makes their customers happy...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I saw that too, thats why i asked if he got the .drf files it will show the conditions and correction factor.. Im all for comparisons, but thats more than modded cars..
    Did you get the files?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What's up guys...yeah surprising results for 300 miles on the odometer. Was expecting between 330 and 340. Even if EAS dyno is optimistic compared to the others, it's still the highest HP for a stock M3 measured by their dyno. I think it made 8 RWHP more than their next highest car from what Steve @ EAS showed us. Perhaps it has something to do with the 240E software which Tom @ EAS confirmed was on my car. It's new and in fact, Benvo mentioned that some of the 2013's he worked on were still on 231E. Weird.

The EAS guys were busy yesterday getting ready for today's Dyno shootout, so they haven't emailed me the files yet. I can share them as soon as I get them.

The real test will be if I can get some V-Box numbers this week to see if the car really is a ringer of just a dyno fluke. Unfortunately even at the coast here in SoCal it's pretty warm but maybe I can get away early one morning to do some testing. I don't have much time as my supercharger will be installed next week.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    fs my supercharger will be installed next week.

Cheers.
    wow you wasted no time lmaoClick here to enlarge
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with the supercharger. Hope you are up for some friendly runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with the supercharger. Hope you are up for some friendly runs.
    Hey Sticky are you going to the Shift-S3ctor roll-on? I'll be there both days. Would be terrific to get smoked by you and Drew lol.

By the way just learning that there was a catless (Gintani race) + filter M3 today at the EAS dyno day which made less HP than my car. The guy said the temperature was reading was 104 deg. My temp reading was a little lower at 98 deg. Bizarre. Hopefully I got a ringer. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by longboarder; 09-09-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As I mentioned before, awesome baseline results. Mineral White adds power...fact...haha

Regardless of the results, what's most important is that you have a solid baseline to compare to your future modifications.

With the tuning I've been doing with my E46 M3, I would say that comparing dyno numbers gets rather tricky. Example. When my E46 M3 was stock, I put down 286whp and another stock E46 M3 put down 270whp, same dyno. We were literally neck and neck and that "+16whp" was in no way evident. Another example. When I install my headers, I put down about 300whp and another stock E46 M3 put down nearly 290whp. Ran on the highway and I pulled significantly on the car, at least, way more than +10whp could. My theory, dynos are best used to do comparisons on your own car and to study the difference in power curves.

You should run another completely stock E92 M3 and see if 240E and Mineral White really adds power Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice man i only had 355 with hfc xpipe and filter..... do you know what software your car has?
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice man. IIRC mine put down 313whp Click here to enlarge it was a heartbreaking Mustang dyno though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    As I mentioned before, awesome baseline results. Mineral White adds power...fact...haha

Regardless of the results, what's most important is that you have a solid baseline to compare to your future modifications.

With the tuning I've been doing with my E46 M3, I would say that comparing dyno numbers gets rather tricky. Example. When my E46 M3 was stock, I put down 286whp and another stock E46 M3 put down 270whp, same dyno. We were literally neck and neck and that "+16whp" was in no way evident. Another example. When I install my headers, I put down about 300whp and another stock E46 M3 put down nearly 290whp. Ran on the highway and I pulled significantly on the car, at least, way more than +10whp could. My theory, dynos are best used to do comparisons on your own car and to study the difference in power curves.

You should run another completely stock E92 M3 and see if 240E and Mineral White really adds power Click here to enlarge
    Good point. Unfortunately I have a fear of street racing - too much to loose if I get caught. If I ever play around its basically a green light launch up to the speed limit with no other cars/traffic on the lightly traveled roads near where I live. But I have a V-Box and will try to get something logged this week to see if it's a ringer or just a dyno queen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    Nice man i only had 355 with hfc xpipe and filter..... do you know what software your car has?
    Hi Akash your car is a beast! Hope someday to able to trap @ 126.7. Tom @ EAS confirmed my car was running 240E. Some 2013's have it...others don't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Nice man. IIRC mine put down 313whp Click here to enlarge it was a heartbreaking Mustang dyno though.
    Thanks man. EAS is a closest dyno to me and so from what I'm hearing - their numbers are higher than others. If there was a Mustang dyno nearby I'd run it just to see the difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    let me know when you get them files Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi Akash your car is a beast! Hope someday to able to trap @ 126.7. Tom @ EAS confirmed my car was running 240E. Some 2013's have it...others don't.
    thanks bro...Get any Sc that is a stage 2 kit and you should be able to with right tires and track prep. These new softwares are so much stronger than when i was NA.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky are you going to the Shift-S3ctor roll-on? I'll be there both days. Would be terrific to get smoked by you and Drew lol.
    I told them to have my car ready for it. It will be close, but I think it will be. Looking forward to meeting you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's up guys...yeah surprising results for 300 miles on the odometer. Was expecting between 330 and 340. Even if EAS dyno is optimistic compared to the others, it's still the highest HP for a stock M3 measured by their dyno. I think it made 8 RWHP more than their next highest car from what Steve @ EAS showed us. Perhaps it has something to do with the 240E software which Tom @ EAS confirmed was on my car. It's new and in fact, Benvo mentioned that some of the 2013's he worked on were still on 231E. Weird.

The EAS guys were busy yesterday getting ready for today's Dyno shootout, so they haven't emailed me the files yet. I can share them as soon as I get them.

The real test will be if I can get some V-Box numbers this week to see if the car really is a ringer of just a dyno fluke. Unfortunately even at the coast here in SoCal it's pretty warm but maybe I can get away early one morning to do some testing. I don't have much time as my supercharger will be installed next week.

Cheers.
    what gear was used? 3,4, or 5th

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what gear was used? 3,4, or 5th
    Good question...I actually didn't ask. Was assuming 5th...but anyway I just emailed Steve @ EAS so I'll let you know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That would be why the high #'s then.

we all use 4th

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That would be why the high #'s then.

we all use 4th
    They may have used 4th, he didn't say for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no, they did, i just looked at the files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no, they did, i just looked at the files
    So it was 5th? Hmm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive never seen it before where Uncorrected and SAE factors were identical, in non standard atmospheric conditions. You would need someone with a lot more knowledge than I

@Sal@evolve or @BrenM3

"stock+BMC" are my runs

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    repost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast