Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I'd be banging on their door to make $#@! right by me, especially after all the money you spent there & how everything got delayed
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

If you absolutely have to do a bright color go with that blue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah its ashame because they were all nice guys. I just dont like how I spent all that money and pretty much got no help fixing the issues. I had to do it all, and I get ignored. But at this point I think Im just better off having PTFs make me a custom map.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'd be banging on their door to make $#@! right by me, especially after all the money you spent there & how everything got delayed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah Im still liking the color. I also like it toned down about with a midnight blue that I found. Its nice looking on the alpine white.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you absolutely have to do a bright color go with that blue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yea, when Jake comes up later this month, get your new ProTune done & be done with mods for a while (save some money for a change)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Haha, thats a dam good idea. I need to save some money and stop spending it. LOL
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Yea, when Jake comes up later this month, get your new ProTune done & be done with mods for a while (save some money for a change)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Candy blue is cool and loud but not for everyone.

I like the suggestion of matte, or a satin, army/dark green. That could look really cool and I have not seen it done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The candy blue was too loud and crazy looking after someone photoshopped it on the car for me. Then I found a dark blue color made by VMR wheels called midnight blue. And a simliar blue used by MORR wheels on their 5ht anniversary wheel and I loved the blue. But I didnt want to copy anything exactly. SO I went back to the powder coater and pick a blue that has a black chrome base coat, then candy blue topcoat giving it a very dark blue look. Which in my opinion looks pretty good on an alpine white e90. So the powder coater is actually putting 2 coats of the blue on top which he says will make it even darker. Which wont be SCREAMING at everyone, but be different at the same time. Hopefully I like it. LOL
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Candy blue is cool and loud but not for everyone.

I like the suggestion of matte, or a satin, army/dark green. That could look really cool and I have not seen it done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    The candy blue was too loud and crazy looking after someone photoshopped it on the car for me. Then I found a dark blue color made by VMR wheels called midnight blue. And a simliar blue used by MORR wheels on their 5ht anniversary wheel and I loved the blue. But I didnt want to copy anything exactly. SO I went back to the powder coater and pick a blue that has a black chrome base coat, then candy blue topcoat giving it a very dark blue look. Which in my opinion looks pretty good on an alpine white e90. So the powder coater is actually putting 2 coats of the blue on top which he says will make it even darker. Which wont be SCREAMING at everyone, but be different at the same time. Hopefully I like it. LOL
    Sounds cool! Look forward to pics. I will give you my honest opinion. : )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Thank you, I appreciate it. Hopefully it looks nice.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Sounds cool! Look forward to pics. I will give you my honest opinion. : )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I finally had my fenders rolled. I was able to find a shop to do it for me. AK Motorwerks in NJ has been excellent. But Im running into issues figuring out what size rear tires to use. The fronts will be 235/35/19s. But the rears are off an E46 M3 so the fitment is aggressive at +22 on a 9.5 inch rear wheel. I was going to go with a 245/35/19 to be safe for the rear. But Im totally confused. I figured since my fenders are rolled I can maybe fit the recommended 265/30/19 rear tires. But I just dont want to mess with camber to fit without rubbing. And I simply dont want to rub. So would a 265/30/19 cause rubbing issues although my rear fenders are now rolled? Can some people with similar setups chime in?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

You should be able to do a 275 on that width I would think. But, you are worried about rubbing so go conservative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah Ive had so many different people give me different responses for tires that Im not really sure what to do. Being my fenders are rolled I thought maybe I could get away with the recommended 265/30/19 but then I talked to a few people that still have some rubbing with that size and have to adjust camber. I dont want to do that. So i think Im going to use 235/35/19 fronts and 245/35/19 rears. DOes that seem doable to you?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You should be able to do a 275 on that width I would think. But, you are worried about rubbing so go conservative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woptang22 Click here to enlarge
    So i think Im going to use 235/35/19 fronts and 245/35/19 rears. DOes that seem doable to you?
    I'd ask @ModBargains as they seem to have a much better grasp on this topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Candy blue!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go for it! You may be surprised! They are you winter setup. Have a bit of a laugh with them. You can always have them re done anyway.

I like the look of coloured wheels too, if the colour comes out right...that is.
    I look forward to seeing them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12