Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: E85, Overrated?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Because you fool you have a JB+ which cannot change anything timing, boost, vanos and fueling related. How do you expect the stock ECU to be able to advance the ignition when it still thinks it has normal fuel? Do you expect this to happen on its own?

You are really really thickheaded man. I am dead serious. Just stop before you embarrass yourself any further.
    This is the most frustrating thread ever, @Turkeybaster115 there is little need to try to "figure" this out with some DIY chemistry here.

The fuel system takes the E85 mix very well, at higher mixtures I seen some cold startup stuttering, but at 40% E85 no issues at all. And I am in Sweden, so a "cold" start here is sometimes really really cold.

As for performance IF the tune can add fuel (scalar for a flash, or fuel pressure trickery piggyback-style) and run a aggressive timing curve (stock curve is very aggressive at 19psi). The N54 makes huge power on E85 with little effort.

No one here will listen to your concerns as long as you dont try for real i.e. try COBB or flash back to stock and run a JB4 G5.

I had a stage 1 giac flash before I got my DP's, FMIC and meth-kit the difference in power is big, adding E85 to my fuel made it even "worse". At the little track time I done I did lower my boost but kept running meth for cooling, I would probably recommend a more linear throttle mapping than what I had, but that is details...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Turkeybaster115

A few things more, first I am sorry for the troll or idiot comment, frustration can easily be turned into BS online.

An other ethanol/alcohol mix with gasoline trivia came to mind, one has been mixing alcohol with pump gas forever, it is sure a complex mixture of chemicals, but the chemistry ppl at the gas companies has been aware of the need to mix in some alcohol in their product for 50y+. In Sweden especially wintertime, running a carbureted engine could have issues with water in the gas tank and carburetor. Water is corrosive (much more than alcohols) and would also eventually "plug" the carburetor making impossible to start the car. The solution was easy, the gas stations would sell pure alcohol (mostly ethanol) in small bottles and adding one to a tank of gas made sure no water was left in the system. The water came from condensation on the gas tank walls, so students not filling up fully where more in trouble than others Click here to enlarge

Many ppl also realized that adding more than one bottle (like 4-5) would also make your old Volvo pass emissions tests (we had them since the 60-70's in Sweden.

My point is mixing alcohol/ethanol in fuel isn't new, it been done and tested, and even recommended by gas companies, there is nothing scary happening during normal use. It might not be great to do your own mix and leave it for some years and then use it, but nothing bad is happening during the life time of "one tank of gas".
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    It's called sarcasm. Your too dumb to understand it.
    Great use of the English language. "Your too dumb to understand it."
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Turkeybaster115

If you haven't already, take a look at my thread, when properly tuned, ethanol can do wonders.

PTF S1+ E50 FTW

I I'm just saying to take a look, I am not trying to convince you otherwise. But you can see what power can be made with just DCI and FMIC with E50
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    @Turkeybaster115

If you haven't already, take a look at my thread, when properly tuned, ethanol can do wonders.

PTF S1+ E50 FTW

I I'm just saying to take a look, I am not trying to convince you otherwise. But you can see what power can be made with just DCI and FMIC with E50
    I second that. I am doing a smooth consistent 430whp with just those moda on 17.5lbs of boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I second that. I am doing a smooth consistent 430whp with just those moda on 17.5lbs of boost.
    Nice!

what Type Dyno are you using?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    +1 really confused whats going on here...makes no sense to me
    Making no sense is typical of the OP's posts. People are trying to have a serious conversation with a moron who believes pistons are make from cast iron because aluminum is to weak for the job.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Making no sense is typical of the OP's posts. People are trying to have a serious conversation with a moron who believes pistons are make from cast iron because aluminum is to weak for the job.
    LOL! I remember those threads! It was a good laugh back then. Click here to enlarge Thanks for that flashback LOL Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    Nice!

what Type Dyno are you using?
    VirtualDyno in VirtualDyno (no scalar) mode. Logged these results many times. Puts down 350whp on Map 1 for reference. I plan to do a Map 0 run soon to set a true baseline (I just didn't know how to log it before since CAN is inactive on Map 1).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Because you fool you have a JB+ which cannot change anything timing, boost, vanos and fueling related. How do you expect the stock ECU to be able to advance the ignition when it still thinks it has normal fuel? Do you expect this to happen on its own?

You are really really thickheaded man. I am dead serious. Just stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

I know that when I add race gas, the stock ecu advances timing, and I end up with at least a 25hp increase. I've verified this in person when I used 110 leaded. No need to join the mindless sheep on here and call me names like: fool. Why don't we make you put your money where your mouth is? We can dyno my car with 93, and then with 100 octane added. If there is a gain in HP, then you pay for the dynos. If there isn't, I'll pay for them. Deal?

On a side note, you think I'm stubborn? I told you from day one that racing on the track was vastly different from autocrossing. You insisted that with catless downpipes and a FMIC, you won't have issues with cooling at the track. Last time I checked, when you eventually learned how to drive fast (after I spent time teaching you), you now have cooling issues.

I told you that you were not ready for intermediate, cuz it took me 2 years to go up from novice. You bumped yourself up, and crashed your car.

I'm not trying to call you out or embarrass you. I told you earlier in this thread to leave all this Jive talking on this thread alone, and that I would handle it. You joined in the talk despite my warning, and are now getting emotional.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Old man, last time I checked, you got banned from E90forums because of your relentless trolling, the forums, telling everyone how awesome your JB4 335is is, instead of telling everyone up front that you just couldn't afford an M3. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    @Turkeybaster115

A few things more, first I am sorry for the troll or idiot comment, frustration can easily be turned into BS online.

An other ethanol/alcohol mix with gasoline trivia came to mind, one has been mixing alcohol with pump gas forever, it is sure a complex mixture of chemicals, but the chemistry ppl at the gas companies has been aware of the need to mix in some alcohol in their product for 50y+. In Sweden especially wintertime, running a carbureted engine could have issues with water in the gas tank and carburetor. Water is corrosive (much more than alcohols) and would also eventually "plug" the carburetor making impossible to start the car. The solution was easy, the gas stations would sell pure alcohol (mostly ethanol) in small bottles and adding one to a tank of gas made sure no water was left in the system. The water came from condensation on the gas tank walls, so students not filling up fully where more in trouble than others Click here to enlarge

Many ppl also realized that adding more than one bottle (like 4-5) would also make your old Volvo pass emissions tests (we had them since the 60-70's in Sweden.

My point is mixing alcohol/ethanol in fuel isn't new, it been done and tested, and even recommended by gas companies, there is nothing scary happening during normal use. It might not be great to do your own mix and leave it for some years and then use it, but nothing bad is happening during the life time of "one tank of gas".
    Thanks for the classy apology.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys this thread has become NONSENSE. This is my last post on this thread. You can write responses, or carry on the discussion without me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Guys this thread has become NONSENSE. This is my last post on this thread. You can write responses, or carry on the discussion without me.
    Thank God.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everyone time i read one of your posts, i imagine this is whats behind the keyboard.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On a side note, you think I'm stubborn? I told you from day one that racing on the track was vastly different from autocrossing. You insisted that with catless downpipes and a FMIC, you won't have issues with cooling at the track. Last time I checked, when you eventually learned how to drive fast (after I spent time teaching you), you now have cooling issues.

I told you that you were not ready for intermediate, cuz it took me 2 years to go up from novice. You bumped yourself up, and crashed your car.
    Click here to enlarge You just make me laugh now. I am not sure how you interpreted that FMIC offers you better engine cooling, but whatever. Yes, catless downpipes do help with cooling a little bit by not creating back pressure of hot gasses. If you ever looked at your EGTs before and after the downpipe install you'll know what I am talking about. ... but chances are you did not.

Yes, I crashed my car. Yes it was my partly fault, partly the track's fault. There were and still are holes on BHF track. Last weekend 7 cars were destroyed there. This track is a notorious for destroying cars. The fact that I escaped only with a crushed oil cooler and a few broken plastic pieces makes me lucky. But what does that have to do with anything in this thread, I do not know.

No one is denying you that race gasolene provides more power. No one.

What everyone is reacting to is your claims that E30 is overrated, which you have absolutely no proof of. All you are doing is doing math in excel to calculate octane ratings and you are running dumb boost controller expecting the same results.

How many times do we have to explain to you that you need to have proper tuning to run ethanol mixture? Ignition advance is just ONE of the many parameters that need to be adjusted. You need adjust fueling, ignition advance, boost, and possibly vanos WAY WAY more than what the ECU can do via self adaptations. Why is this so damn hard to understand?

I tell you what: I'll take you up on the dyno offer. But I'll raise the stakes: looser pays for both dynos AND the fuel for both vehicles. I'll bring my FBO car and I'll run premium fuel, then I add E85, change the map, do a few pulls till ethanol gets to the engine and then we'll rerun on the dyno. You'll do the same but you will mix the same amount of race fuel.

I guarantee you that I'll gain more power with proper tuning than you just running JB+ at the same boost level.

THAT's the whole point we were trying to explain to you.

P.S.:
    I came back from an evening Test and Tune @ Gingerman last night. It was only 4 people on the track the whole night so we were able to pretty much run uniterrupted for as long as we wanted. I am putting down consistently 1 minute 54 to 1 minute 56 seconds on the track.

Oil temps NEVER went above 255. So yes, I've resolved the cooling issues.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so since this thread is a train wreck.. I figured since the title was E85 overated ,I'd post this

hey thought I'd post this here.. anyway 2008 335i Jb4 Dci
    starting runnin 25/75 E85/93 yesterday. did quite a few WOT in map 5 last night and today. had the car dyno'd on a mustang dynamometer in Florida 90+ degrees

stock(map 0) 271HP/298TQ
    Map 5 302HP/369TQ
    Map 2 326HP/375TQ

maybe map 5 still hasn't properly adjusted.. also I haven't updated to the newer map 5. I didn't log so I'm not sure the actual boost on each run.

any thoughts?

if the new Map 5 is where Its at for E85 mix and anyone can help me update in the palm beach/broward county area let me kno. I'll buy ya beer/gas or pay ya. thanks
    Last edited by Ak335i; 09-20-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: I can't type

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    so since this thread is a train wreck.. I figured since the title was E85 overated ,I'd post this

hey thought I'd post this here.. anyway 2008 335i Jb4 Dci
    starting runnin 25/75 E85/93 yesterday. did quite a few WOT in map 5 last night and today. had the car dyno'd on a mustang dynamometer in Florida 90+ degrees

stock(map 0) 271HP/298TQ
    Map 5 302HP/369TQ
    Map 2 326HP/375TQ

maybe map 5 still hasn't properly adjusted.. also I haven't updated to the newer map 5. I didn't log so I'm not sure the actual boost on each run.

any thoughts?

if the new Map 5 is where Its at for E85 mix and anyone can help me update in the palm beach/broward county area let me kno. I'll buy ya beer/gas or pay ya. thanks
    I would suggest you start a new thread, many people have probably stopped viewing this thread because of how bad turkeyfucker has destroyed it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Everyone time i read one of your posts, i imagine this is whats behind the keyboard.

Click here to enlarge
    hahahaha, Death Slayer, Death Slayer 3 that is.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I know that when I add race gas, the stock ecu advances timing, and I end up with at least a 25hp increase. I've verified this in person when I used 110 leaded. No need to join the mindless sheep on here and call me names like: fool. Why don't we make you put your money where your mouth is? We can dyno my car with 93, and then with 100 octane added. If there is a gain in HP, then you pay for the dynos. If there isn't, I'll pay for them. Deal?

I'm not trying to call you out or embarrass you. I told you earlier in this thread to leave all this Jive talking on this thread alone, and that I would handle it. You joined in the talk despite my warning, and are now getting emotional.
    The stupid, it burns!!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Old man, last time I checked, you got banned from E90forums because of your relentless trolling, the forums, telling everyone how awesome your JB4 335is is, instead of telling everyone up front that you just couldn't afford an M3. Click here to enlarge
    Not a very good effort on your part. The only thing you got right was I am banned from E90. How's those cast iron pistons working for you?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How's those cast iron pistons working for you?
    Probably not very well, since he loves to run non BMW LL-01 oil. Remember those threads?
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Totally overatedClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

E50 FTMFW

Bonestock+FMIC

T

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol I did not come about knowing the whole history behind his retardation. But did he really believe todays engines still used cast iron pistons? You gotta be kidding right.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    But did he really believe todays engines still used cast iron pistons?
    In the N54 forged internals thread, someone said the pistons were cast, not forged. He said something to the effect of, "cast what? Iron? Because there's no way cast aluminum pistons could survive in a stock N54."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast