Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 200
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol, have you tried getting all the same blowers together at the same time before? I have, its like herding cats..

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for clarifying on some of my questions guys.


    Compared to the previous GTS8550, what kind of power are these kits putting down in comparison to the prior advertised 625hp/450tq at 6.5-7.5psi?

    Thanks!
    It makes just another 10 hp or so..

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, have you tried getting all the same blowers together at the same time before? I have, its like herding cats..
    Now I wonder if the limiting factor is simply locational reasons, or guys just not wanting to meet up, haha.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    It makes just another 10 hp or so..
    Nice!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
    yes ...

    - 600 driver is a noob who doesnt race much and LM is far more experienced, swap drivers in that race and you will be surprised lol
    - 600 car was on 20" wheels last night, it's definetly quicker on 19s

    when 600 car ran 11.6 @ 122 it was on 19s

    Judging by how AKs car MOVES out it is making more power/torque then the 600 car which made 519rwhp on a dynojet with the high flow cat exhaust. there is no magic here ...

    Thats good info. do you think its the gearing change for the wheels, and not the weight?

    Those g2' in 20" weight about 1lb less per wheel than my 19's. (I was pissed when i got them and they weighted 24.5/FR 26.5/r since they are advertised as lightweight and compared to F14, which in fact are very light) difference in actual tires though too, but its pretty close. Whats the gearing change by going from stock 19's to 20's? Maybe thats why i would jump but he reel me in?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That's sick as hell bro. AK's car is just nuts, I didn't even expect that at all!. That VT2 600 kit pulled nicely up top. LM your car is definitely $#@!ing fast man. Nice car and good video.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks. I told you guys in the meth thread, once i had meth working properly and the new pulley on, it felt like a rocket, good 30-40 hp gain. id say about 30hp judging from the 600 car making 520 and creeping by me, so from my 470 to right at 500 is plausible

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah that meth is doing wonders for your car Lostmarine! Im more surprised about your race with the 600 kit more than anything.

    You can really see how the Vortech blower lacks in low and mid range power especially with out meth.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    You can really see how the Vortech blower lacks in low and mid range power especially with out meth.
    I just want to point out, THAT Vortech blower model on that kit. There are many others that are much larger than any SC anyone is running on the M3 by a pretty darn large amount. Like mine for example, the YSI. That blower holds the S65 V8 record for power last I checked and nobody is in the ballpark: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...I-supercharger

    Plus, did we get the specs on the upgraded blower that AKH is running? I mean that is not the standard HKS blower which compared to the V3 blowers and T-Trim blowers is not capable of flowing the same CFM as the Vortech units used for most kits...

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Boosted E9X M3 Showdown - Supercharged ESS VT1-535 w/meth vs. Active Autowerke Stage 2+ w/meth + ESS VT2-600 - All DCT

    Here is a nice little boosted M3 battle for your viewing pleasure. This comes courtesy of BimmerBoost member LostMarine who is the camera car with his supercharged DCT E92 M3 running the ESS VT1-535 kit with a higher boost pulley and meth. The white E90 M3 belongs to BimmerBoost member akh23456 also being a DCT car but running an Active Autowerke Stage 2+ setup with a bigger blower and meth. The final car is running the ESS VT2-600 supercharger kit with a catless exhaust.

    Click here to enlarge

    Now, the Active Autowerke car puts a hurting on Lost Marine's ESS-VT1 setup. It straight up dusts him there is no easy way to say it. That is fine considering he is running the lowest power kit from ESS and it has no intercooler. What is fairly surprising is how well he does against the ESS VT2-600 setup, losing, but putting up a very good fight until the VT2-600 slowly pulls up top. We are guessing that VT2-600 owner is going to be looking into meth very quickly.

    No transmission or shift excuses in this video with all M3's having the dual clutch transmission. All cars are supposedly on 93 octane but you never know. We do not get to see the Active Autowerke car run the ESS VT2-600 setup but it's not difficult to come to the realization that he would make easy work of it. That is one very quick M3 and we would like to get the full specs on the upgraded blower it is running as soon as possible. Very nice races, enjoy.

    @LostMarine @akh23456


  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Moved to S65 since this is an all S65 V8 topic.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    97.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice race. LostMarine needs to start thinking about upgrading to the VT2-650 package.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrClean335i Click here to enlarge
    Nice race. I think LostMarine needs to start thinking about upgrading to the VT2-650 package.
    That he does.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    All the stage 2 kits now come with the exact same setup as Akash.
    I don't know how I missed this. May I have the specs please? Why wasn't this blower used to begin with?

    Also do they run the boost Akash is running?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know how I missed this. May I have the specs please? Why wasn't this blower used to begin with?

    Also do they run the boost Akash is running?
    Here's a dyno that Andrew@ActiveAutowerke posted on another forum. Of their latest Stage 2 kit. It is running exactly the same spec as akh23456. It has the newer GTS5555 and I assume same boost.

    Click here to enlarge

    As stated by Andrew as well, it should be good for about 10hp and 5tq more, with it's 8100RPM redline.

    Andrew should definitely start up a new thread on here explaining the latest kits their offer. Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @LostMarine Great video bro, this is why I mess with you. NO BS, just runs and real results... Kudo's to each car, I know the area and love those tunnels. The other side of the bridge I thought was bumpy but I appear to be wrong LOL.

    You got walked hard by the AA car but still impressive that you held where you did. The ESS car however causes me to laugh a bit as I feel like a custom tune may keep you up front. The bigger question in my head is can you upgrade to a FMIC, I would think something custom built would make much faster. I'd love to see you with a FMIC and tuned I think you walk the 600 car and sit on the AA car's tail.

    @akh23456 Should you be in the Central or Northen NJ are I'd like a taste when the FRC is complete.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Great vids guys. Curious on the run against Akash, what MPH/RPM did the roll-on take place? The big takeaway is how the AA car pulls so hard instantaneously. I don't know much about the AA/HKS blower but it must be making a lot more mid-range boost if the run started at say, 4,500 rpm. It would be interesting to see a boost graph of that blower overlayed against a boost graph from the Vortech making similar top-end boost. I guess the real match is Akash vs an ESS 600/625/650 with meth making the same top end boost. That would be cool to see.

    Out here on the West Coast some of you will be attending the Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Event in November. I will be there with an ESS 600 + catless + progressive meth and I would love to run other supercharged M3's. We have mostly ESS and VF here but I'm sure there has to be an AA blown M3 in Cali.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know how I missed this. May I have the specs please? Why wasn't this blower used to begin with?

    Also do they run the boost Akash is running?
    Sticky,

    Akash and all of our stage 2 kits are now using the Hks 8555 blower. ( This is still our 625 kit)

    Why didn't we use it before? Well it simply was not readily available.

    Why did we switch?

    The 8555 just makes a tad more power up top where the older blower would taper at redline.

    Is a level 3 coming?

    It is very possible in the near future.

    Is a level 4 Coming?

    Its already here but is not forsale and requires a built engine. 700+ hp and more mid range than anyone else on the market can be expected.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,150.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I love this thread and video. @akh23456 = beast!

    @Sticky you may remember we installed the new blower on Akash's car as soon as it was available (along with painting the manifold, brakes etc) No games, the unit really look the same (we thought we were sent the wrong unit -haha) but it obviously works Click here to enlarge

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -231.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Is a level 3 coming?

    It is very possible in the near future.

    Is a level 4 Coming?

    Its already here but is not forsale and requires a built engine. 700+ hp and more mid range than anyone else on the market can be expected.
    This is what i'm talking about. No offense Andrew and i don't want to sound like a dick. I'm a huge AA fan but i want to be honest here. AA isn't like what it used to be. Nowadays AA seems like a normal tuner like ESS, VF and others whereas in older days, we used to see big things from it that nobody else had. I mean AA had big things like turbo kits, sc kits for almost all cars etc... where no body else had in that time.

    I want to see low comp S65 with a big SC from AA. I want to see a single turbo N54. I want to see SC'd S85 with big numbers. Hopefully you got my point.
    Again the only reason i'm saying this is just because i like AA. Now this stage 4 S65 is a huge step in the right direction. Big power is the way to go Click here to enlarge

    BTW one question. I know a S65 swapped E36 with a claimed AA kit. Do you know anything about this?
    Last edited by Sorena; 09-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know how I missed this. May I have the specs please? Why wasn't this blower used to begin with?

    Also do they run the boost Akash is running?
    From what i know now all the stage 2 + are running the same setup as me for sc wise i don't know about other mods.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    @LostMarine Great video bro, this is why I mess with you. NO BS, just runs and real results... Kudo's to each car, I know the area and love those tunnels. The other side of the bridge I thought was bumpy but I appear to be wrong LOL.

    You got walked hard by the AA car but still impressive that you held where you did. The ESS car however causes me to laugh a bit as I feel like a custom tune may keep you up front. The bigger question in my head is can you upgrade to a FMIC, I would think something custom built would make much faster. I'd love to see you with a FMIC and tuned I think you walk the 600 car and sit on the AA car's tail.

    @akh23456 Should you be in the Central or Northen NJ are I'd like a taste when the FRC is complete.
    i might be up next week i'll shot you my number.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Great vids guys. Curious on the run against Akash, what MPH/RPM did the roll-on take place? The big takeaway is how the AA car pulls so hard instantaneously. I don't know much about the AA/HKS blower but it must be making a lot more mid-range boost if the run started at say, 4,500 rpm. It would be interesting to see a boost graph of that blower overlayed against a boost graph from the Vortech making similar top-end boost. I guess the real match is Akash vs an ESS 600/625/650 with meth making the same top end boost. That would be cool to see.

    Out here on the West Coast some of you will be attending the Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Event in November. I will be there with an ESS 600 + catless + progressive meth and I would love to run other supercharged M3's. We have mostly ESS and VF here but I'm sure there has to be an AA blown M3 in Cali.
    i dont remember the speed i think somewhere between 40-60 i was in 3rd gear i believe for both runs but i could be wrong.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    I love this thread and video. @akh23456 = beast!

    @Sticky you may remember we installed the new blower on Akash's car as soon as it was available (along with painting the manifold, brakes etc) No games, the unit really look the same (we thought we were sent the wrong unit -haha) but it obviously works Click here to enlarge
    lol i remember you calling me Mike about that lol. I love the paint job its amazing.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    This is what i'm talking about. No offense Andrew and i don't want to sound like a dick. I'm a huge AA fan but i want to be honest here. AA isn't like what it used to be. Nowadays AA seems like a normal tuner like ESS, VF and others whereas in older days, we used to see big things from it that nobody else had. I mean AA had big things like turbo kits, sc kits for almost all cars etc... where no body else had in that time.

    I want to see low comp S65 with a big SC from AA. I want to see a single turbo N54. I want to see SC'd S85 with big numbers. Hopefully you got my point.
    Again the only reason i'm saying this is just because i like AA. Now this stage 4 S65 is a huge step in the right direction. Big power is the way to go Click here to enlarge

    BTW one question. I know a S65 swapped E36 with a claimed AA kit. Do you know anything about this?

    I know i might do a crazy build in the winter maybe with VAC and Active.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    249
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here is a video of a 2.3L stock turbo evo beating both cars and the 600 car beating LM by 2 cars, also the view from the back is the first roll where LM gets the hit and 600 car passes him around 130-140mph. Its certainly not much faster then LM as they sit and it makes perfect sense he's running a 575 pulley and Meth and saved him self 5gs !! good call LM. hes down about 30whp which will not be a drastic difference in a roll race.

    ALSO Note : the 600 does have high flow cats, its not catless like LM.


  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    damn so what would a gintani kit do against these cars?


    That evo is probably only making about 420awhp

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    249
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    damn so what would a gintani kit do against these cars?


    That evo is probably only making about 420awhp
    Evo is a 2.3L E85 car though so it spools very quick and pulls away quick. probably 420-450whp

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Interesting to watch these runs and results... Its seems these kits are all over the place in terms of pulley diameters and results for meth vs. non meth. Or intercooled vs. meth and so on...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -231.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Interesting to watch these runs and results... Its seems these kits are all over the place in terms of pulley diameters and results for meth vs. non meth. Or intercooled vs. meth and so on...
    The pulley stuff gives me a headache. So confusing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •