Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

AA Stg2+ E90 M3 Vs ESS VT1535 w/Meth E92 M3 Vs ESS VT2600 E92 M3- All DCT

Very bust week this week!

ENJOY!!

Camera car is me, e90 is @akh23456 with the AA stg2+

Silver E92 is a guy not here yet, but has ESS 600 DCT (measured 96.5mm pulley- not sure as without the pulley off its tough to be 100% accurate) and Akrapovic exhaust

2 different nights, but 2 nights in a row, same fuel/meth/boost for me

VERY VERY suprised at the outcome. AK's car seems to be even more hellish than before

The ESS 600 car is now looking into methanol kits as well Click here to enlarge

Apologies for camera angles. These locations are not condusive to having a camrea on the exterior of your vehicle.

** The first run Vs the ESS 600 car did not fare well for him. I jumped out and held off umtil about 160mph, at which he crept about 3-4 ft in front, my bumper was at his door. No video is availabe, (I wasnt ready) but Ive been told the chase car, a fast EVO has it,But we know how chase video's turn out. Im just waiting on getting it from him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sick Video Lm,Click here to enlarge damn your car is a beast. The 600 kits have intercoolers and how much boost?
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    man, akh's car really moves. Great runs, and that meth is definately working wonders on your car LM. impressed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    man, akh's car really moves. Great runs, and that meth is definately working wonders on your car LM. impressed.
    I think all the cars are sick. Im telling ya, the first run I had against the 600, was a shock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dam bro, you need more BOOST!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

yeah i saw the first race. LM held off the 600 car until 130-140mph. 600 car didnt think it would be that fast and let LM take the hit - mistake lol. LM we gotta set meth up on the 600 car now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Awesome video, call me next time so I can come down too!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just as I expected! Dyno vs Real Life Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    Dam bro, you need more BOOST!
    you may be right Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Awesome vids! Akash, your car looks super strong!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

woah!! AK's car is crazy fast! Nice video. Really shows how much more powerful the AA car is compared to your kit LM. Your car is definitely quick though, that 600 kit car needs some meth. Very impressive on how you did compared to that more expensive kit with your meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, i ran 12.0@119 with 1/2 working meth on the 5.5 psi, the 600 car i believe ran 11.6@ 122mph, I think. a local DCT ESS625 car with meth just ran 11.7@121, seeing how the kits are so close, I would assume im right there with them. The 600 car didnt pull until well into 5th gear, and in first run until 6th gear. Once it cools off, we should see a few more mph, but comparitivly, we are all pretty close. Im the underdog of course, but we know that, and why its fun to see the comparison

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks guys car is finally 100% feel amazing....i know LM's car is loud and a beast. His car scares me when his cut out are open and downshifting $#@! is loud.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, its obnoxious, so over the top. we tried playing around after that run, (short light-light stuff) but i closed the valves, and i banged the rev limiter EVERY time because im not used to watching the guage until it reaches a "certain" decibal, usually about 7k and then i cant watch to see when to shift. closed Its just so quiet it would just bang off, i need to stop doing that lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine - Awesome video simply just depicting the difference in real street performance. This is about as "controlled" as one can get. All skilled drivers, DCT, similar conditions. VT1-535 + Meth is insane! What just amazes me is the difference in performance with the VT2-600. Would you have any speculation why the difference is rather minimal? I would expect a much larger difference especially with some of the other videos that ESS made comparing the 535 with their other kits.

@akh23456 - Simply amazing! The AA has been my favorite kit in current production. What I love about the HKS blower is that it looks like there is great midrange power, along with the efficiency of your FMIC. It's simply a win-win situation. I'm not going to lie, I had my early skepticism about the AA kit, but the more I learned about suprcharging in general, the more realize that AA produced a great kit! If I recall, weren't you planning on upgrading superchargers? If so, is that what you're running in this current video? Or are you a standard AA Stage 2 with their meth kit?

Who is running the VT2-625 + Meth? I think he or she has to run @akh23456
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Would you have any speculation why the difference is rather minimal?

yes ...

- 600 driver is a noob who doesnt race much and LM is far more experienced, swap drivers in that race and you will be surprised lol
    - 600 car was on 20" wheels last night, it's definetly quicker on 19s

when 600 car ran 11.6 @ 122 it was on 19s

Judging by how AKs car MOVES out it is making more power/torque then the 600 car which made 519rwhp on a dynojet with the high flow cat exhaust. there is no magic here ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine - Awesome video simply just depicting the difference in real street performance. This is about as "controlled" as one can get. All skilled drivers, DCT, similar conditions. VT1-535 + Meth is insane! What just amazes me is the difference in performance with the VT2-600. Would you have any speculation why the difference is rather minimal? I would expect a much larger difference especially with some of the other videos that ESS made comparing the 535 with their other kits.

@akh23456 - Simply amazing! The AA has been my favorite kit in current production. What I love about the HKS blower is that it looks like there is great midrange power, along with the efficiency of your FMIC. It's simply a win-win situation. I'm not going to lie, I had my early skepticism about the AA kit, but the more I learned about suprcharging in general, the more realize that AA produced a great kit! If I recall, weren't you planning on upgrading superchargers? If so, is that what you're running in this current video? Or are you a standard AA Stage 2 with their meth kit?

The only thing better is at the ER roll on event for comparisons sake.

I have theories on why i peformed so well, but its just that. I think what we see vs the 600 car is a true representation, depending.The first run was after a 30 minutes drive, so my meth played a huge part in that. I would think that my meth is working better than his intercooler in that situation, but its just not enough to overcome more boost. the second run the cars were both cooler, so his boost beats out my meth.

The AA kit makes good power midrange, so you see how he jumps on me, and more boost provides better topend anyway, intercooled, and i think a small m1 meth on his. so its a no brainer. There are some 625 and even a 650 car semi-local, its about 2 hours to the DCT 625 cars, and the really local 625 car is 6MT.

Theres no secrets in this, HP wins Click here to enlarge

I do think its funny how a basic 600 kit claims to have run a record 60-130 though, damn that greek air is good! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

i upgraded to the 8555 blower basically the same blower but a little bigger fan i believe and can sustain a little more power. I am running around 8.3-8.5 psi and i think normal kits run 7.5. I think now all the Active kits come with the new blower but i don't know the psi, i would assume 7.5. For the meth system we can only run 50/50.

I might be running M33 hopefully next week if he's goes down to Mpact. If not i might be heading to NYC after Mpact so we may run sunday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Akash the new setup must give you more juice man. Car runs very strong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All the stage 2 kits now come with the exact same setup as Akash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for clarifying on some of my questions guys.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    All the stage 2 kits now come with the exact same setup as Akash.
    Compared to the previous GTS8550, what kind of power are these kits putting down in comparison to the prior advertised 625hp/450tq at 6.5-7.5psi?

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    i upgraded to the 8555 blower basically the same blower but a little bigger fan i believe and can sustain a little more power. I am running around 8.3-8.5 psi and i think normal kits run 7.5. I think now all the Active kits come with the new blower but i don't know the psi, i would assume 7.5. For the meth system we can only run 50/50.

I might be running M33 hopefully next week if he's goes down to Mpact. If not i might be heading to NYC after Mpact so we may run sunday.
    Your car is a beast didnt think it was that fast man great runs.

If you come up this way next weekend hit me up if you want to run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We'd love to see dyno sheets of the new blower this kit seems FAST and the new VF650 as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    We'd love to see dyno sheets of the new blower this kit seems FAST and the new VF650 as well.
    I would love to see data from the same dyno of VT2-650+Meth, GTS8555 Stage 2+Meth, and VF650+Meth all overlayed on top of one another, haha.

@LostMarine...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast