Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Nice! I just finished up an install of the coolingmist stage 1 deluxe kit this past week on my car (no progressive controller). Running their M2 nozzle in my charge pipe and thinking about going Direct Port injection soon.

Are you going to tune the car for Meth or leave it as is? If you do tune it for meth how are you going to go about fail safes? Not sure where in NJ you are, but I'll keep a look out for the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Nice! I just finished up an install of the coolingmist stage 1 deluxe kit this past week on my car (no progressive controller). Running their M2 nozzle in my charge pipe and thinking about going Direct Port injection soon.

Are you going to tune the car for Meth or leave it as is? If you do tune it for meth how are you going to go about fail safes? Not sure where in NJ you are, but I'll keep a look out for the car.
    im sorry, what car? the other 535 m3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im sorry, what car? the other 535 m3?
    I was referencing your car, if you were going to have the car tuned for meth, or stick with your normal tune.

not sure if you have answered that already, I apologize if I missed it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

yea, i wasnt sure what your car was. No, I wont tune for meth, i dont want to have to deal with failsafes on this car, its not worth it. There are more, better, reliable ways for more power. Meth is just a failsafe in itself to ensure i get optimum performance for what i have everytime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Anyway I'm leaving right now to go to EAS to get a baseline dyno of my stock car (with less than 300 miles. lol.)
    Tell Tom I said hello.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Tell Tom I said hello.
    He put down some nice numbers in STD!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

yea, i wasnt sure what your car was. No, I wont tune for meth, i dont want to have to deal with failsafes on this car, its not worth it. There are more, better, reliable ways for more power. Meth is just a failsafe in itself to ensure i get optimum performance for what i have everytime.
    just a VW GTI, what was supposed to be an econobox for commuting...isn't, and I agree messing with failsafes, at least with the coolingmist kit and no piggyback is just not worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    He put down some nice numbers in STD!
    Well he needs to create a thread and post them!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, i think its a stock record 364/268 ..... as strong as my tuned and catless car when N/A...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well he needs to create a thread and post them!
    lol, i think its a stock record 364/268 ..... as strong as my tuned and catless car when N/A...
    What's up guys yeah I just went to get a baseline before the blower is installed next week. Since this is "bimmerboost" I didn't want to post a thread until I was actually boosted...lolz. I was planning on doing a detailed step-by-step write up of my different stages once everything is finished, since well, I have all the mods already and it won't take long.

My process is: yesterday - stock baseline; next week (or two) - blower (VT2 600) install and re-dyno; immediately thereafter - MRF mid-pipe + Akra slip install and re-dyno; then progressive meth (Procede + PWM) install and re-dyno. Initially the Procede will be a pass-through PWM controller only - no tune. Finally, I am thinking of driving up to Vishnu to create a custom tune for meth but ONLY when running 100 octane for not one, but two failsafes.

I was pretty damn surprised at the numbers for only 300 miles on it. Perhaps because this car is sooo damn slow, I couldn't imagine that it's the highest HP stock M3 that EAS have ever dyno'd...and they done hundreds. I was expecting something like 330.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Did u get the drf files?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Since this is "bimmerboost" I didn't want to post a thread until I was actually boosted...lolz.
    Just wanted to point out we are about BMW performance not solely forced induction. The name is just catchy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12