Close

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Welcome to BB and thanks for the updates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    HAHA, I'm a FI newb too! From the charts and dynos (RB and FFTEC) I've seen though, the TQ curve starts alot sooner on the twins. The HP does fall off toward redline on the twins unlike the single that pulls to redline but there is much debate on the usefulness of peak HP at 7000 RPM. Personally for a DD car with occasional 1/4 passes I'd rather the low end torque and be willing to sacrifice the HP at +6500 RPM being as I shift at 6200 RPM when drag racing anyways to hit that sweet spot in the torque range in the next gear. Just my opinion and I'm sure everyone has thier own preference for thier setup. I'll probably be buying hybrid turbos of some sort just to keep the $$$ down because in a custom TT setup you're buying twice as much hardware Click here to enlarge which drives the price up.
    you have to consider the context as well, due to fueling at the time, RB owners were forced to taper boost. We are still waiting to see how a 20psi-redline run on RB's would pan out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you have to consider the context as well, due to fueling at the time, RB owners were forced to taper boost. We are still waiting to see how a 20psi-redline run on RB's would pan out.
    Exhaust housings are too restrictive, your just playing with fire at that point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

LM, you don't want to run 20psi to redline on them..18-18.5 absolute max, trust me...to 6k though more can be pushed but without upgraded intake pipes I wouldn't recommend going past 20psi to anyone

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    LM, you don't want to run 20psi to redline on them..18-18.5 absolute max, trust me...to 6k though more can be pushed but without upgraded intake pipes I wouldn't recommend going past 20psi to anyone
    Like the stuff Alpina_B3_Lux posted about?? http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...t-tubes-photos
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I think alot of people are looking for actual upgraded twin manis and twin turbos. Wanting to keep the low end torque and faster spool characteristics of the TT setup while getting rid of that restrictive exhaust mani. I for one would take a twin GT2876rs setup over a single 6262 anyday.
    You sir are onto something.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Like the stuff Alpina_B3_Lux posted about?? http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...t-tubes-photos
    Yes. I'm working with my buddy's shop on making the upgraded inlets that should work for both stock and hybrid turbos. Once I get the car back I'll be gathering up data on the stock pipes at low/medium/high boost and see how restrictive they are with DCIs in place. Then we'll be installing the upgraded pipes that we're planning on making on his CNC pipe bender and gather the same data again. Given what George Smooth reported in terms of gains at elevation they'll provide some good sizeable gains at 19psi. He saw up to 20whp at 19psi at high elevation with his own one-off pipes which should be somewhat higher at sea level. In the end from his numbers we at least know the stock inlet pipes are definitely a restriction at those boost levels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

put me on the beta list Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Yes. I'm working with my buddy's shop on making the upgraded inlets that should work for both stock and hybrid turbos. Once I get the car back I'll be gathering up data on the stock pipes at low/medium/high boost and see how restrictive they are with DCIs in place. Then we'll be installing the upgraded pipes that we're planning on making on his CNC pipe bender and gather the same data again. Given what George Smooth reported in terms of gains at elevation they'll provide some good sizeable gains at 19psi. He saw up to 20whp at 19psi at high elevation with his own one-off pipes which should be somewhat higher at sea level. In the end from his numbers we at least know the stock inlet pipes are definitely a restriction at those boost levels.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    put me on the beta list Click here to enlarge
    I'll try test the intake pipes for you with my stock turbos! I'm thinking we'll find some sort of gain with these snails too :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I'll check with the shop how they're making out. They were busy last two weeks with a huge order that had to be done and shipped out last Friday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

even so, ill take 18 over the 16 i had, but preferably with max boost in the midrange(id like to see 22+psi), since we were also capped at boost under 21psi. unless you have insight on that as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I do but nothing I'd like to publicly like to share at this point as testing wasn't finalized...car needs to be back on the road again, then intake pipes and then venture into higher boost again in midrange

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Subscribed! Welcome Vargas. I'm anxious to here more about this Stage 3 stuff. Hopefully, everything works out well and we all will see the first upgraded twin turbo setup. (upgraded twin manis w/larger twin turbos that is) Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

VERY interesting... subscribed.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    even so, ill take 18 over the 16 i had, but preferably with max boost in the midrange(id like to see 22+psi), since we were also capped at boost under 21psi. unless you have insight on that as well?
    Why? So we can wear that tranny out even faster than we already am? I'm more concerned over top end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Sub'd for details on Vargas turbos ....

..... And intake pipes. :-p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Why? So we can wear that tranny out even faster than we already am? I'm more concerned over top end.
    Not a problem for MT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Definitely nice to have some competition around the upgrades of turbo/turbos. Even though this is "BMW" but aftermarket prices are way through the roof compared to other cars. Competition will bring this down.

Welcome! I dont suggest you start this kind of thread on e90... You have been warned
    E92 AT. COBB S2+ , FBOs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Understand and the same in return. What I was saying though is that in your attempt to replicate my offering you will find you are omitting many steps that will ultimately raise (and re-raise) what you predict the process will cost.I will not go into specifics, but you will find you simply can not sell the product you believe you will for what you have indicated. At least not without a loss or many corners cut at the expense of quality or installability. A lot of folks seem to think this is just a typical hybrid turbo job that is easy like many other platforms, until they actually put the pen to the paper; which is why nearly all turbo shops will not take on this venture. It simply costs too much money and time to produce the product.
    But apparently you will find this out and be shipping in less than 2 weeks time. Best of luck, looking forward to progress pics in the next day or two.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Hey Rob, def not here to get into any sort of pissing match with you or anyone and will always keep my posts friendly and professional. We will let the numbers speak for themselves. Not here to take business away from anyone. Just offering products I feel people would like at a lower price point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Sounds good! Goodluck Vargas team!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Understand and the same in return. What I was saying though is that in your attempt to replicate my offering you will find you are omitting many steps that will ultimately raise (and re-raise) what you predict the process will cost.I will not go into specifics, but you will find you simply can not sell the product you believe you will for what you have indicated. At least not without a loss or many corners cut at the expense of quality or installability. A lot of folks seem to think this is just a typical hybrid turbo job that is easy like many other platforms, until they actually put the pen to the paper; which is why nearly all turbo shops will not take on this venture. It simply costs too much money and time to produce the product.
    But apparently you will find this out and be shipping in less than 2 weeks time. Best of luck, looking forward to progress pics in the next day or two.
    Thanks Rob, I appreciate the well wishings. To answer what you are saying. I am not sure how long you have been in the turbo business, but we have been in it for almost 40 years. In this amount of time you build vendors, machinists, etc which make these upgrades not only possible for the price I am selling them but also very feasible. Secondly when you are the first to do something AKA yourself, the learning curve is usually much steeper and I think you are forgetting another factor. I did not decide to build these upgrades to make money. I decided I wanted to get back to our roots in the performance side of things because its more fun and rewarding then building huge turbos for power plants, ships, etc. With that being said. Stage 1's are already on a car testing. Stage 2 should be done at the machinists in the next 2 weeks, I stated 2-3 weeks time we all know delays can always pop up but I am shooting for around then. We shall see with some testing how things go. I am not doubting what you say on the difficulty of doing these modifications actually I can attest to them, but this isn't our first rodeo. I think it boils down to we are approaching this from different ends of the spectrum as far as profitability.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@VargasTurboTech you had me @$1999 can't wait for your release!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Stage 2 is very tempting. Can we get a price range for Stage 3?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

After looking at what Vargas does on their website, these n54 turbos should be a walk in the park for them....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast