Close

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge

Hybrids units are TD03 / TD04 hybrids and come in 2 stages.

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 BHP range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 BHP depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Stage 1 just about ready to ship and stage 2 should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks or so. I will keep you guys posted on the N54 section of our website going live for ordering.

As always these are just turbochargers and gains are always dependent on proper tuning, complimenting upgrades, and proper fueling.

To answer your question DCAFS: This brings us to our Stage 3 which will be our Ball Bearing twin upgrades, they will include manifolds, turbos, downpipes, oil and water lines, and possibly charge pipes. These are in the R&D stage and unfortunately thats all I can say about them right now. But I will have pictures and a lot more info on them soon. Thanks for the inquiries and feel free to PM me questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
    I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but regarding your stage 1 power claims, the stock turbos are capable of pushing 475-500 BHP.

And it appears your stage 2 claim of 600 BHP is roughly what the RB turbos put down at $1000 USD less.

Will there be a core charge for these Stage 1/2 turbos and is there any warranty on them? Also, will you rebuild these turbos if they happen to fail outside of the provided warranty?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but regarding your stage 1 power claims, the stock turbos are capable of pushing 475-500 BHP.

And it appears your stage 2 claim of 600 BHP is roughly what the RB turbos put down at $1000 USD less.

Will there be a core charge for these Stage 1/2 turbos and is there any warranty on them? Also, will you rebuild these turbos if they happen to fail outside of the provided warranty?
    We are still testing and these HP numbers are as I said ball park. These turbos are similar to RB's are will provide similar gains. Rob is a great guy with a great product, the comparisons are going to be inevitable because the products are similar. The turbos come with a 12 month limited warranty and of course we can rebuild them no problem if they fail after that period. I did not mention prior, but we can also rebuild your stock units to new condition for $799 for both with the same warranty.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-04-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We are still testing and these HP numbers are as I said ball park. These turbos are similar to RB's are will provide similar gains. Rob is a great guy with a great product, the comparisons are going to be inevitable because the products are similar. The turbos come with a 12 month limited warranty and of course we can rebuilt them no problem if they fail after that period. I did not mention prior, but we can also rebuilt your stock units to new condition for $799 for both with the same warranty.
    Cool, thanks for the info. Is there a core charge associated with these Stage 1/2 turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great pricing!! Definitely will stay in the loop for this setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To answer the core question, with all upgrades there is a core charge and once provided with rebuildable cores the charge is completely refunded. We can rebuild your stock units to like new condition for $799, core charge does also apply if your stock turbos are not rebuildable or you do not provide cores. With the twin BB units we will be offering a discount if your cores are provided.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just came from the gym and i was already pumped this just pumped me some more hahah, I'm in for stage 2 most likely around January! Hope you guys take these turbos through some thorough testing and prove to be strong. Great news and welcome to N54 platform and you've picked the right forum to start.
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

suscribed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Giddy up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Those were my projected price points until I actually got the turbine housing in hand and realized that 1) all internal wastegate components need complete redesign with very expensive billet wear matched materials and 2) the turbine housing can not accept a bigger inducer turbine without substantial housing modification.

I can tell you for certain that a similar stage 2 offering would never cost $1999, unless your business operates like Santa Claus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    So he just got started? Meh..
    LOL Who negged me for this post? Click here to enlarge It was a joke

Tony, welcome to bimmerboost..Looking forward to your upgrades especially the Stage 3

Best,
    Dzenan
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 09-04-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Wow, this is a very interesting thread. I'm anxious to see where this goes!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Sub'd , and PMed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could be a great new option. Waiting on the details. I'm curious what repair/overhaul will be performed on the WGA assembly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hybrids units are TD03 / TD04 hybrids and come in 2 stages.

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 BHP range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 BHP depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Stage 1 just about ready to ship and stage 2 should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks or so. I will keep you guys posted on the N54 section of our website going live for ordering.

Worth noting with all upgrades there is a core charge and once provided with rebuildable cores the charge is completely refunded. We can rebuild your stock units to like new condition for $799, core charge does also apply if your stock turbos are not rebuildable or you do not provide cores.

As always these are just turbochargers and gains are always dependent on proper tuning, complimenting upgrades, and proper fueling.

To answer your question DCAFS: This brings us to our Stage 3 which will be our Ball Bearing twin upgrades, they will include manifolds, turbos, downpipes, oil and water lines, and possibly charge pipes. These are in the R&D stage and unfortunately thats all I can say about them right now. But I will have pictures and a lot more info on them soon. Thanks for the inquiries and feel free to PM me questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
    There are several stage1 and stage2 sets available currently by various vendors. Your stage 3 is the second set that is under development that the market is aware of. In addition, there are two vendors with a single (FFTEC and HPF) of which the latter does not know how to position the O2 sensors. So, i guess there should be some room in the market especially in the 700-1000BHP ball park. Nice to have more vendors around!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup can't wait to see some stage 2 dyno numbers!
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Welcome to BimmerBoost!! Sub'd
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh mah gawd

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    er mer gerd! Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Those were my projected price points until I actually got the turbine housing in hand and realized that 1) all internal wastegate components need complete redesign with very expensive billet wear matched materials and 2) the turbine housing can not accept a bigger inducer turbine without substantial housing modification.

I can tell you for certain that a similar stage 2 offering would never cost $1999, unless your business operates like Santa Claus.
    Hey Rob, def not here to get into any sort of pissing match with you or anyone and will always keep my posts friendly and professional. We will let the numbers speak for themselves. Not here to take business away from anyone. Just offering products I feel people would like at a lower price point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the replacement units are only 1999, you can sign me up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwtek Click here to enlarge
    If the replacement units are only 1999, you can sign me up.
    As soon as I see dyno numbers you can put me on that list too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is great development and options for everyone. I would like to better understand why the choice of twins for stage 3? My initial thought would be to offer a single with vacuum actuated WG and merge the 2 solenoids… this would offer more simplicity and upgrade options. I guess you will need all new hardware anyway with the larger twins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    This is great development and options for everyone. I would like to better understand why the choice of twins for stage 3? My initial thought would be to offer a single with vacuum actuated WG and merge the 2 solenoids… this would offer more simplicity and upgrade options. I guess you will need all new hardware anyway with the larger twins.
    I think alot of people are looking for actual upgraded twin manis and twin turbos. Wanting to keep the low end torque and faster spool characteristics of the TT setup while getting rid of that restrictive exhaust mani. I for one would take a twin GT2876rs setup over a single 6262 anyday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it all depends on the turbo(s) used and manifold design... I don't see much better spool with twins (on an I6) at the same max flow. But I'm a noob with FI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    it all depends on the turbo(s) used and manifold design... I don't see much better spool with twins (on an I6) at the same max flow. But I'm a noob with FI.
    HAHA, I'm a FI newb too! From the charts and dynos (RB and FFTEC) I've seen though, the TQ curve starts alot sooner on the twins. The HP does fall off toward redline on the twins unlike the single that pulls to redline but there is much debate on the usefulness of peak HP at 7000 RPM. Personally for a DD car with occasional 1/4 passes I'd rather the low end torque and be willing to sacrifice the HP at +6500 RPM being as I shift at 6200 RPM when drag racing anyways to hit that sweet spot in the torque range in the next gear. Just my opinion and I'm sure everyone has thier own preference for thier setup. I'll probably be buying hybrid turbos of some sort just to keep the $$$ down because in a custom TT setup you're buying twice as much hardware Click here to enlarge which drives the price up.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast