Close

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Vargas Turbo Tech N54 turbo upgrades + introduction

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I would wait for other turbo kits to develop. The RB's are a great option, but the fact that they are stuffed into factory housing's is really limiting their potential.
    This is great advice cause they are coming. They are in the works as we speak and will give you the best of both worlds. Quick spool and power potential that matches or beats Shiv's single kit for LESS then he is charging. More info to come as we get closer to a release announcement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tonyturbo Click here to enlarge
    This is great advice cause they are coming. They are in the works as we speak and will give you the best of both worlds. Quick spool and power potential that matches or beats Shiv's single kit for LESS then he is charging. More info to come as we get closer to a release announcement.
    lol who're you? let's get some feedback
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tonyturbo Click here to enlarge
    timeline, I'll prob be paying for my RBs next month. I'd sure be pissed off if a month later twin manis and disco potatoes were released for $5K.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    He will be sponsoring shortly and you will have more details. This is who I was looking for the motor for.

You guys should be happy and excited.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He will be sponsoring shortly and you will have more details. This is who I was looking for the motor for.

You guys should be happy and excited.
    So he just got started? Meh..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I am a new supporting vendor and will be announced on the site soon. A little background until then, my company has been in the turbocharger business for 35+ years starting with High Performance custom applications in the 70's, and transitioning into FAA, Diesel, and Industrial turbochargers because frankly thats where the money is. But I have been following the N54 platform for a while and have seen the need for a good solution to the turbo problems you guys face. So I decided to come back to our high performance roots more for fun than anything else and try to bring you guys something you need. You can see our industrial and diesel site at Vargasturbo.com the dedicated N54 portion of the site is under construction and should be live soon. First off I am here to learn as much as I can from this community as we bring these products to the market because as I said we have a LOT of turbocharger experience but am relatively new to the N54 platform. We look forward to talking to and hopefully working with more of you guys. There will be more info to come soon. But I like to get my ducks in a row before I say too much. Just wanted to let some people know that the problem is being addressed and will be addressed properly. As for a timeline I am well into R&D and looking to drop the BB twins around christmas time so 2-3 months. But the direct replacement hybrids are already testing, should be ready to ship in 2 weeks or and will come in at a much lower price point than what is on the market currently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So he just got started? Meh..
    I like your optimism.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I am a new supporting vendor and will be announced on the site soon. A little background until then, my company has been in the turbocharger business for 35+ years starting with High Performance custom applications in the 70's, and transitioning into FAA, Diesel, and Industrial turbochargers because frankly thats where the money is. But I have been following the N54 platform for a while and have seen the need for a good solution to the turbo problems you guys face. So I decided to come back to our high performance roots more for fun than anything else and try to bring you guys something you need. You can see our industrial and diesel site at Vargasturbo.com the dedicated N54 portion of the site is under construction and should be live soon. First off I am here to learn as much as I can from this community as we bring these products to the market because as I said we have a LOT of turbocharger experience but am relatively new to the N54 platform. We look forward to talking to and hopefully working with more of you guys. There will be more info to come soon. But I like to get my ducks in a row before I say too much. Just wanted to let some people know that the problem is being addressed and will be addressed properly. As for a timeline I am well into R&D and looking to drop the BB twins around christmas time so 2-3 months. But the direct replacement hybrids are already testing, should be ready to ship in 2 weeks or and will come in at a much lower price point than what is on the market currently.
    Thank you very much for this post and your introduction with some info about yourself.

Welcome to BimmerBoost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @VargasTurboTech, any details on the hybrid units you speak of?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    As for a timeline I am well into R&D and looking to drop the BB twins around christmas time so 2-3 months. But the direct replacement hybrids are already testing, should be ready to ship in 2 weeks or and will come in at a much lower price point than what is on the market currently.
    Will you be fabbing the exhaust manifold and incorporating the turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oooo, a new upgraded twin set up, I'm excited!
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @VargasTurboTech , any details on the hybrid units you speak of?
    You will have more info shortly. Basically it will be what everyone has been waiting for.

And that single people have been talking about... well, it had a nice run Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm very happy to see this. I'm probably going to be looking at upgrading my turbos this time next year. I like having options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You will have more info shortly. Basically it will be what everyone has been waiting for.

And that single people have been talking about... well, it had a nice run Click here to enlarge
    I love the simplicity of a single, I just think its needs to be smaller than what shiv is using for a better power band. The problem with smaller is that you start creating so much torque that you risk grenading the stock bottom end so boost control has to be precise. It's a slippery slope.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Depending on how legit this turns out to be, I might have to take back my "I'm done modding this car" claim

Best of luck to @VargasTurboTech, welcome to BimmerBoost & I'm real excited to see what you guys bring to the table
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @VargasTurboTech , any details on the hybrid units you speak of?
    Hybrids units are TD03 / TD04 hybrids and come in 2 stages.

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 BHP range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 BHP depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Stage 1 just about ready to ship and stage 2 should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks or so. I will keep you guys posted on the N54 section of our website going live for ordering.

Worth noting with all upgrades there is a core charge and once provided with rebuildable cores the charge is completely refunded. We can rebuild your stock units to like new condition for $799, core charge does also apply if your stock turbos are not rebuildable or you do not provide cores.

As always these are just turbochargers and gains are always dependent on proper tuning, complimenting upgrades, and proper fueling.

To answer your question DCAFS: This brings us to our Stage 3 which will be our Ball Bearing twin upgrades, they will include manifolds, turbos, downpipes, oil and water lines, and possibly charge pipes. These are in the R&D stage and unfortunately thats all I can say about them right now. But I will have pictures and a lot more info on them soon. Thanks for the inquiries and feel free to PM me questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-04-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love the simplicity of a single, I just think its needs to be smaller than what shiv is using for a better power band. The problem with smaller is that you start creating so much torque that you risk grenading the stock bottom end so boost control has to be precise. It's a slippery slope.
    No way. A 6262 is suited for a 4 cylinder not a 6. If he had Cobb like AFR's down low, with lower timing you would see much quicker spool up. He Already has to taper up boost in the upper RPM range so the torque doesn't fall off. That little turbo doesn't flow enough.

Sorry for the threadjack

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Stage 1 just about ready to ship and stage 2 should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks or so. I will keep you guys posted on the N54 section of our website going live for ordering.

As always these are just turbochargers and gains are always dependent on proper tuning, complimenting upgrades, and proper fueling.

To answer your question DCAFS: This brings us to our Stage 3 which will be our Ball Bearing twin upgrades, they will include manifolds, turbos, downpipes, oil and water lines, and possibly charge pipes. These are in the R&D stage and unfortunately thats all I can say about them right now. But I will have pictures and a lot more info on them soon. Thanks for the inquiries and feel free to PM me questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
    How awesome is this???

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Have you chosen what turbos you want to use for your stage 3 yet, and are you quoting BHP with your estimates? With that pricing I might be doing this sooner than I thought.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    No way. A 6262 is suited for a 4 cylinder not a 6. If he had Cobb like AFR's down low, with lower timing you would see much quicker spool up. He Already has to taper up boost in the upper RPM range so the torque doesn't fall off. That little turbo doesn't flow enough.

Sorry for the threadjack
    The 62 spools fast, above 3k. Having come from a turbo Honda I LOVE the instant spool and low end torque my stock turbos give me and I'm willing to sacrifice some top end to keep some of it. Personal preference. In my opinion it's pointless to have a top end heavy power band on an engine that doesn't breathe uptop, which the N54 does not. Maybe after some supporting mods ala Matt Mormons Click here to enlargeIntake manifold and some progress into opening up the intake and exhaust ports and some big cams.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Stage 2 sounds like a winner.. price and power is on point.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Have you chosen what turbos you want to use for your stage 3 yet, and are you quoting BHP with your estimates? With that pricing I might be doing this sooner than I thought.
    Yes this is BHP. I apologize for not stating that. I have edited the post to make it clear. We all know gains vary from Car, to Dyno, to tuner amidst other factors. These are just ballparks and represent what we have seen in testing and what people have seen in the past with similar upgrades.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds promising. If this turns out like I hope, I may end up keeping the n54 and toy around with this turbo upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In my opinion it's pointless to have a top end heavy power band on an engine that doesn't breathe uptop, which the N54 does not. Maybe after some supporting mods ala Matt Mormons Intake manifold and some progress into opening up the intake and exhaust ports and some big cams.
    Yep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sub'd for updates on Stage 1/2 -- NOT looking to destroy my AT or add another expense shipping the trans off to Level 10
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast