Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not use the Zasquatch grapher, take a screen shot and upload to photobucket or file hosting site of choice?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry, have been on the road (in a crappy rental, usually, lol) on business. I believe it is now zipped and attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Dang it, I missed this too... sorry. At this point, we don't think its isolated to any particular rom. We are looking into all possibilities however.
    @Josh@Cobb @Jason@Cobb @Rob@Cobb

Any update on the flatline and NEG timing issues??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Josh@Cobb @Jason@Cobb @Rob@Cobb @COBB Tuning

COBB guys -- Any updates/progress fixing the flatlining problems on the 6ATs? Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @Josh@Cobb @Jason@Cobb @Rob@Cobb @COBB Tuning

COBB guys -- Any updates/progress fixing the flatlining problems on the 6ATs? Click here to enlarge
    I thought Terry pretty much fixed it? Or at least got 9-10 degrees of timing back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I thought Terry pretty much fixed it? Or at least got 9-10 degrees of timing back.
    Terry did, but it requires a JB4. some people dont want to go that route it seems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Yea, really trying to avoid stacking tunes. It's not a huge deal (how often am I really hammering it in 5th?), but I'd REALLY like to have it working for the Exotics Rally Raceway Event in April (along with a new PTF ProTune)

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, really trying to avoid stacking tunes. It's not a huge deal (how often am I really hammering it in 5th?), but I'd REALLY like to have it working for the Exotics Rally Raceway Event in April (along with a new PTF ProTune)
    Ive been dealing with this since 2010 and ever since cobb even came onto the scene.

And reading further into it it appears that Cobbs 6AT is a 535i which does not use the same ZF tranny present in the 135i and 335i, which is why they can't replicate our issue in-house.

@benzy89 pm me if you're taking the trip up north so you can see first hand what flatlining does to a car. I've seen it first hand many times, which is why it bothered me so much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    @benzy89 pm me if you're taking the trip up north so you can see first hand what flatlining does to a car. I've seen it first hand many times, which is why it bothered me so much.
    Click here to enlarge It's just frustrating when I'm doing highway pulls vs. another car and go into 5th & the power is noticeable weaker (not like when you floor it in 3rd/4th). IF the ProEFI 112 board is reasonable priced ($1500 or lower), it'll be VERY difficult to ignore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge It's just frustrating when I'm doing highway pulls vs. another car and go into 5th & the power is noticeable weaker (not like when you floor it in 3rd/4th). IF the ProEFI 112 board is reasonable priced ($1500 or lower), it'll be VERY difficult to ignore.
    Ah so you have seen it first hand, ok.

Yeah it does suck when youre neck and neck with a car and then it proceeds to put 3 cars on you when you shift into 5th.

Tbh the jb4 would only act as a boost controller and meth safety if you wanted it to. If you don't go iso you can still run cobb stuff with the jb4 turned off and still use the flatline fix until cobb figures it out which may possibly never happen.

At least you have that option available if they can't fix it by the roll on event. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Ive been dealing with this since 2010 and ever since cobb even came onto the scene.

And reading further into it it appears that Cobbs 6AT is a 535i which does not use the same ZF tranny present in the 135i and 335i, which is why they can't replicate our issue in-house.

Ignore 535i tranny statement I was provided wrong info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge It's just frustrating when I'm doing highway pulls vs. another car and go into 5th & the power is noticeable weaker (not like when you floor it in 3rd/4th).
    +1
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456