Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

log request: 6AT Cobb cars

Does anyone have a Cobb log (stage2+FMIC or higher) WOT shifting 4th into 5th with timing corrections on 6AT and preferably IJE0S? I understand not many have done this due to speed, but I would appreciate it if anyone can come forward with an example of this. Thanks in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

If it ever stops raining & I know that I'll be getting to those speeds, I'll try to take one. Is it okay if it's an E85 Stage 2+FMIC ProTune? Or are you looking for a strictly Pump Gas data log?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If it ever stops raining & I know that I'll be getting to those speeds, I'll try to take one. Is it okay if it's an E85 Stage 2+FMIC ProTune? Or are you looking for a strictly Pump Gas data log?
    Doesn't matter one bit what map. I just need a WOT shift 4-5 preferably IJE0S with 6AT. Don't need anything from a manual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I'm IJEOS & AT so this works out -- Like I said you'll just have to wait for the sun to come out & dry the road

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I'm IJEOS & AT so this works out -- Like I said you'll just have to wait for the sun to come out & dry the road
    No rush, no worries! Being that I might be the only Cobb owner to ever log a 6AT 4-5 shift I want to see if others have the same issue. Make sure you have timing and timing corrections 1-6 logged.

What I want to see is if timing goes negative in all six cylinders when going into 5th gear with no corrections.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    No rush, no worries! Being that I might be the only Cobb owner to ever log a 6AT 4-5 shift I want to see if others have the same issue. Make sure you have timing and timing corrections 1-6 logged.

What I want to see is if timing goes negative in all six cylinders when going into 5th gear with no corrections.
    Give me 1-2 weeks :-) not the same ECU though
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge

So just log Timing & Timing Corrections for Cylinders 1-6? Or some other stuff (boost, IATs, etc etc). Think the AP won't be able to log 6 additional channels without removing some other stuff 1st

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

So just log Timing & Timing Corrections for Cylinders 1-6? Or some other stuff (boost, IATs, etc etc). Think the AP won't be able to log 6 additional channels without removing some other stuff 1st
    I guess unless you're still fine tuning the boost targeting with Jake, you can remove the load, boost mean abs and WGDC stuff to free up a few monitors. You have three open monitors with the default logging, so by removing the above, you will have more than enough channels. I'd also log STFT on a single bank to see how that reacts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

AFAIK @benzy89 is still trying some changes with Jake so some work there still remains to be done at least on the log review front.

Other than that in other news, given how "secretive" some other tuners are with their datalogs maybe we should ask all our customers not to post them up too, I mean its proprietary right? Click here to enlarge what a load of nonsense...

We encourage our customers to hit the dynos, run the cars, throw up dyno sheets of before/after and logs if they wish to do so, full disclosure, what's their to hide and what is proprietary in showing timing corrections, boost and fuel...to the owners i guess ignorance is bliss so good luck

FWIW, I saw a log from one of the cars done by a pretty well known US based pro tuner shop, won't mention the name, but it really saddens and pisses me off as an enthusiast what they do and on top of that what they charge people for those changes. They didn't even try! On pump octane they left off the shelf stage2+aggressive load targets hitting the same boost and threw in stock timing targets..man, sad stuff I tell ya

Log your tunes people, know what you're running at least for yourself

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yea, I got another revision for the increased boost earlier this morning, but the rain.....

I wasn't planning on posting them up on the forum, was just gonna PM them over to themyst. If the PTF guys want (@dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks & @jhershorin), I won't share -- Not looking to step on PTF's toes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

No no, we have zero problems with any of the people we tune sharing datalogs or whatever information it may be they feel they'd like to share. Same goes for racing vids, pics, experiences, in fact we encourage it. Logs are a great discussion item and we are always very careful with what we do with every car given octane.

The point was there are some shops that just don't give a damn it seems. So far at least one of them threw a stock timing curve into the OTS Stage2+Aggressive map with the same boost targets and called it a day. The car corrects heavily and just doesn't run right. But I bet they pulled off a glory run for this poor soul

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Thanks, just wanted to get the OK. And I know exactly what you're talking about with certain shops feeling the need to treat their ProTune's like classified information. I just hope that w/ this ghetto-ProTune Map, that we're not talking about a specific shop in NJ that did a failed meth tune for some1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I really don't want to get into name calling but if I come across this sort of crap again I'll have a hard time keeping my mouth shut...i've been an N54 enthusiast for a long time and that sort of crap won't fly if I see it again...

ATP is there to be able to do a great job tuning these cars. If more power isn't available for a given octane they should voice their opinion to the customer and say they need more octane, not slap things together like that and take 600 that they charged them...true PROs that's for sure

We've personally instructed a couple customers (forum members at that too) that on the given pump octane there was just no additional gains possible over OTS pump maps while shooting for a good consistent pro tune as they'd either heavily timing correct even on OTS maps (indicating either inadequate octane, ignition/fuel component problems or possibly knock prone cylinders) or the DME would complain as soon as we'd touch the timing or boost curves (meaning they were already capped).

Every car responds differently and octane varies...we want people to be happy and have confidence in their cars day in day out running our tunes and come back to us if there are any issues with any aspect of their tune and we'd look into resolving it free of charge as soon as we can. Its sad that ethical business behaviour is very low to non existent out there and once you're off that 1hr of dyno with them you're history

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Thanks, just wanted to get the OK. And I know exactly what you're talking about with certain shops feeling the need to treat their ProTune's like classified information. I just hope that w/ this ghetto-ProTune Map, that we're not talking about a specific shop in NJ that did a failed meth tune for some1
    No it is not that specific shop. but I know who you are referring to. More than one unhappy customer came out of that place.

This failed meth tune individual however, seems more than happy with the public race maps!

I'm the last person that would get any benefit out of a stock turbo e-tune Click here to enlarge Trust me on this heh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I really don't want to get into name calling but if I come across this sort of crap again I'll have a hard time keeping my mouth shut...i've been an N54 enthusiast for a long time and that sort of crap won't fly if I see it again...

ATP is there to be able to do a great job tuning these cars. If more power isn't available for a given octane they should voice their opinion to the customer and say they need more octane, not slap things together like that and take 600 that they charged them...true PROs that's for sure

We've personally instructed a couple customers (forum members at that too) that on the given pump octane there was just no additional gains possible over OTS pump maps while shooting for a good consistent pro tune as they'd either heavily timing correct even on OTS maps (indicating either inadequate octane, ignition/fuel component problems or possibly knock prone cylinders) or the DME would complain as soon as we'd touch the timing or boost curves (meaning they were already capped).

Every car responds differently and octane varies...we want people to be happy and have confidence in their cars day in day out running our tunes and come back to us if there are any issues with any aspect of their tune and we'd look into resolving it free of charge as soon as we can. Its sad that ethical business behaviour is very low to non existent out there and once you're off that 1hr of dyno with them you're history
    IMO, with PTF you are getting MORE than your money's worth out of an e-tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    we want people to be happy and have confidence in their cars day in day out running our tunes and come back to us if there are any issues with any aspect of their tune and we'd look into resolving it free of charge as soon as we can. Its sad that ethical business behaviour is very low to non existent out there and once you're off that 1hr of dyno with them you're history
    THIS is what matters to me most as a customer. Top notch service from a vendor who isn't afraid to guarantee the quality of their work

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

we want people to be happy and have confidence in their cars day in day out running our tunes and come back to us if there are any issues with any aspect of their tune and we'd look into resolving it free of charge as soon as we can.
    +1, I have seen @jhershorin 's customer service. Very satisfied clients. If people have questions or need to go back for further adjustments after logs, he encourages and welcomes it. I've reccomended a couple of people to jake for protuning, and if I ever switch to or run a cobb ap on my car, he will no doubt be the one protuning it. I just wonder if these 6AT cars do indeed produce the flatline in timing that themysts has before, if it can be ironed out in the protune since it doesnt seem to be hardware related

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    +1, I have seen @jhershorin 's customer service. Very satisfied clients.
    Count me among the satisfied clientele

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Thanks guys, your support is very much appreciated and we'll do our best to keep your N54s running strong and happy

Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

But don't I need an ethanol sensor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    But don't I need an ethanol sensor?
    Why?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why?
    Mocking the the random E90post sheep hanging off shiv's scrotum. Like that guy asswind aka lagunasecablue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Mocking the the random E90post sheep hanging off shiv's scrotum. Like that guy asswind aka lagunasecablue.
    I thought you were serious there for a second.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

If he was serious, I think it would justify the Inaugural Ban (unless others have already been made) from this forum

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

someone tell me who this place is that you are all speaking of, in PM/text of course

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast