Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Bimmerboost is like the asylum for those who escaped the matrix lol.
    So true Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Procedeflash seems to work fine based on the linked thread. It is different than other flashes in that it addresses fueling and not boost. I believe Terry and Shiv have a great strategy in using piggies and flashes according to their relative advantages. Them using flashes for fueling now that e85 has got popjlar and single turbos have emerged does not mean that flash tunes were great a year ago. As far as I remember there were challenges in increasing boost to 20psi, in meth control and in the ability to run straight e85 as well as in the logic of boost increasing in hot ambients and vice versa.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Subjectively, it's a pain to remove the DME and ship it. It's also a pain to see the marketing efforts vs. just having the product sell it self, and also a pain to see him continually bashing other flash tunes (?) for no apparent reason.

Objectively, it's a fine product so I'm not sure why it's being over-hyped by him; the product should sell itself with the results he and others are posting via logs. It appears to work as intended, and doesn't promise anything beyond that.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    Subjectively, it's a pain to remove the DME and ship it. It's also a pain to see the marketing efforts vs. just having the product sell it self, and also a pain to see him continually bashing other flash tunes (?) for no apparent reason.

Objectively, it's a fine product so I'm not sure why it's being over-hyped by him; the product should sell itself with the results he and others are posting via logs. It appears to work as intended, and doesn't promise anything beyond that.
    This may be true but I never see anything posted from users really other than Shiv with 1/4 mile times, runs against other tunes, or anything really tangible. Show me some vids of cars pulling great times without problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    This may be true but I never see anything posted from users really other than Shiv with 1/4 mile times, runs against other tunes, or anything really tangible. Show me some vids of cars pulling great times without problems.
    Shiv's never been much for sharing independent testing info...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Shiv's never been much for sharing independent testing info...
    I remember Shiv had an excuse back in the old days "Our customers are more mature and refined and thus we will leave the drag racing to the JB3 users"

I mean, around this way, there were some good results with the Procede. I know someone did 119 mph with FBO + meth on Procede rev 2.5, laloosh did 116.9 with tune/dci/meth, but overall nothing really to write home about and nothing that HASN'T been done on a JB3/4 or Cobb.

I could never run well with the Procede really. 135i with 6MT pump gas only at 15 psi, did 12.3@111, 335i couldn't get a clean run due to 6AT misfires, JB3 I did a 13.0@115 on race gas and Map 8 (JB4 equivalent is Map 7)

Cobb I didn't go to the drag strip until I was armed with a race map, and after a little begging, first run pulled off a 12.6@116, second pull i hit the kickdown, third pull ran 12.4@118, so I guess for my purposes, I did best with Cobb.

Oddly, Cobb never shows the biggest numbers or anything spectacular. Real-world, it does perform very consistently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It amazes me that people think shiv's flash is different than any other flash.....wow. The only difference is, it's programmed to work with the procede
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    It amazes me that people think shiv's flash is different than any other flash.....wow. The only difference is, it's programmed to work with the procede
    Not even, you could easily use Cobb as the base map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

+1, was gonna say that it can be used just like anyone else that's stacking tunes. Use the flash (usually COBB) as your base tune & then stack with a piggy for Boost/Meth control (and gauge hijacking if you care enough)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    it also amazes me that people are asking if you need a Flex-Fuel sensor to run E85...I guess those "folks" who buy into the koolaide are the target audiences?
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

it also amazes me that people are asking if you need a Flex-Fuel sensor to run E85...I guess those "folks" who buy into the koolaide are the target audiences?
    PRECISELY. There are so many idiot owners on this platform they will buy into it all day long. I could counter everything Shiv says but then I'd get my posts deleted so why bother.

The rule of thumb is, don't mess with a vendor's business and you won't get banned over there. Reasonable policy, but then there should be a policy against vendors who deceive potential customers. Oh well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I wouldn't mind if there were a low priced JB type device for 2step, NSL, optional meth integration, shift lights, booost gauge to complement the flash. I know the JB4 already does this but at that price, you are only using the additional features.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't mind if there were a low priced JB type device for 2step, NSL, optional meth integration, shift lights, booost gauge to complement the flash. I know the JB4 already does this but at that price, you are only using the additional features.

LOL, it's called the JB4 pin-out version Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    what are you talking about man? he has created a flash nobody managed to do ! the master flash!
    i remember the bashing against GIAC related to the inability to flash at home. This is a non issue now apparently .. also his flash his completely undetactable unlike all the "other" flashes ... also apparently there are som hidden tables no one was able to find which allow to run 100% E85 on big boost while all the rest is just failing , where are those cars?
    How is Fueling upped if load/fuel pressure is not touched? What are those poor guys gonna do when they take the car to bmw and they get flashed to stock? when they sell the car? remove DME and wait a week to get it back? ProcedeFlash FTW!!!
    I applaud Terry as well , at least he speaks the truth and does not try to hide behind marketing bull crap..
    I actually just saw a 100% E85 car running at FFTEC. The guy really liked it and didn't seem to have any problems.

Are current flash tunes unable to run 100% E85? Or are there just some initial stumbling issues?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

This is what ive been saying for years, even about the procede itself.. but his ego just cant accept it

@shiv@vishnu

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

He is a smart guy and and puts out a decent product but it's his marketing and overall approach that annoys me and other people.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Bimmerboost is like the asylum for those who escaped the matrix lol.
    This is pretty much true lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

lol Shiv's got the best business marketing strategy: Make people they NEED part X or else there car will be slower than everyone else's (0% Truth, 100% Profit)

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    lol Shiv's got the best business marketing strategy: Make people they NEED part X or else there car will be slower than everyone else's (0% Truth, 100% Profit)
    I saw your post from last night Benzy, very well put. Funny how the guys defending the kit are the ones who know the least about cars. I guess in their case it is beneficial lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

^^I took note of that thread too, it's completely dumb for Shivs biggest leg humper (Laguna Seca Blue) to compare Shivs E50+ map to the E30 COBB map and calling COBB a weaker map when they aren't that far off in Delta value's, the difference probably being the ethanol content.
    Loe P.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you think Laguna Seca Blue humps shivs left leg wait till sikh comes in and starts humping the other leg. Also correct me if I'm wrong Shivs e50 map didn't have a baseline of the same car? So the Delta's is probably not that far off.

^^I took note of that thread too, it's completely dumb for Shivs biggest leg humper (Laguna Seca Blue) to compare Shivs E50+ map to the E30 COBB map and calling COBB a weaker map when they aren't that far off in Delta value's, the difference probably being the ethanol content.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

What I can't stand about Laguna Seca Blue is that he's running a tune only car in HK & acting like he's codeveloping every Vishnu Product with Shiv in CA. Dude's when ignorant douche nozzle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tranic335i Click here to enlarge
    If you think Laguna Seca Blue humps shivs left leg wait till sikh comes in and starts humping the other leg.
    I believe Sikh got permabanned when shiv started posting under his screen name Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I believe Sikh got permabanned when shiv started posting under his screen name Click here to enlarge
    lol what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol what?
    Its no secret that Sikh is an idiot, then all of a sudden a couple weeks back his posts began being VERY technical. It was obviously not him. He's now banned. I'm assuming(almost hoping) it's permanent.

I think Jake@PTF may be able to shed some more light on the situationClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast