Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Has Anyone on BB tried the "procedeflash" yet?

i saw a thread on e90post today that was interesting. most of the posts were deleted but i managed to see someone talking about the procedeflash. it appears shiv is marketing it as a "flash+piggy" solution to compete with the jb4/cobb setup. anyone here tried it yet? i have a procede still, i'm curious if this is serious or not. ty

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Here is some1s review of the PROcede Flash off of E90Post (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738688)

They weren't too thrilled with what I had to say, even though Shiv's marketing his flash as something revolutionary
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I love how how stacking piggys on top of aftermarket flashes is now the proper way of doing things. Of coarse as long as its with the PROcede only.

Bryce if you're looking for anything other than shiv bashing you're just not going to find it here, man. As messed up as it seems, he deserves all the $#@!(and more) that he gets.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Here is some1s review of the PROcede Flash off of E90Post (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738688)

They weren't too thrilled with what I had to say, even though Shiv's marketing his flash as something revolutionary
    It's awesome his flash is absolutely nothing like any other flash ever created. I also like how some of the dipshits over there don't even know that a "DME flash" and a "flash tune" are the same thing lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I mean I applaud Terry for acknowledging the need for a flash tune to meet fueling requirements that the piggy's can't alter (http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...4-Dyno-Results)

IIRC, he's looking to work with someone (PTF? Maybe himself?) to build specific COBB Maps to work with the JB4. Meanwhile with Shiv (like rader said) it's only his product works correctly and everything else is flawed.

@enrita even said it, a FLASH is a FLASH. The only difference between a COBB/GIAC/Evolve Flash + Shiv's is the vendor, otherwise they're doing the exact same $#@!

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I mean I applaud Terry for acknowledging the need for a flash tune to meet fueling requirements that the piggy's can't alter (http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...4-Dyno-Results)

IIRC, he's looking to work with someone (PTF? Maybe himself?) to build specific COBB Maps to work with the JB4. Meanwhile with Shiv (like rader said) it's only his product works correctly and everything else is flawed.

@enrita even said it, a FLASH is a FLASH. The only difference between a COBB/GIAC/Evolve Flash + Shiv's is the vendor, otherwise they're doing the exact same $#@!
    Not really true, but basically true. Cobb actually writes custom code into the DME, i dont believe other flashes do this which explains their limitations.

@bryce, give it a shot. Im sure it will work great. If you were bone stock asking what to do i would say just go Cobb, but since you already have a Procede, its not a big deal for you to just pay the $100 to get the flash portion for the increase in fueling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It's awesome his flash is absolutely nothing like any other flash ever created. I also like how some of the dipshits over there don't even know that a "DME flash" and a "flash tune" are the same thing lol
    what are you talking about man? he has created a flash nobody managed to do ! the master flash!
    i remember the bashing against GIAC related to the inability to flash at home. This is a non issue now apparently .. also his flash his completely undetactable unlike all the "other" flashes ... also apparently there are som hidden tables no one was able to find which allow to run 100% E85 on big boost while all the rest is just failing , where are those cars?
    How is Fueling upped if load/fuel pressure is not touched? What are those poor guys gonna do when they take the car to bmw and they get flashed to stock? when they sell the car? remove DME and wait a week to get it back? ProcedeFlash FTW!!!
    I applaud Terry as well , at least he speaks the truth and does not try to hide behind marketing bull crap..
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I love how how stacking piggys on top of aftermarket flashes is now the proper way of doing things. Of coarse as long as its with the PROcede only.

Bryce if you're looking for anything other than shiv bashing you're just not going to find it here, man. As messed up as it seems, he deserves all the $#@!(and more) that he gets.
    i am genuinely curious. i have been perma banned on e90post for several months now. i can view threads, but not post there. no worries really, i still have cobb and procede at my disposal. i agree that shiv is deceptive

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    most of the posts were deleted
    What was the reason for the deletion? Nobody caught em?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I love how how stacking piggys on top of aftermarket flashes is now the proper way of doing things.
    Funny how things work out.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    what are you talking about man? he has created a flash nobody managed to do ! the master flash!
    i remember the bashing against GIAC related to the inability to flash at home. This is a non issue now apparently .. also his flash his completely undetactable unlike all the "other" flashes ... also apparently there are som hidden tables no one was able to find which allow to run 100% E85 on big boost while all the rest is just failing , where are those cars?
    How is Fueling upped if load/fuel pressure is not touched? What are those poor guys gonna do when they take the car to bmw and they get flashed to stock? when they sell the car? remove DME and wait a week to get it back? ProcedeFlash FTW!!!
    I applaud Terry as well , at least he speaks the truth and does not try to hide behind marketing bull crap..
    agreed.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What was the reason for the deletion? Nobody caught em?
    i didn't capture the screenshots, no. i think there were a few members banned today because of their calling-shiv-out tactics. i may or may not know one of them :shady:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

As long as they stay away...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Bryce if you're looking for anything other than shiv bashing you're just not going to find it here, man.
    I don't think that is true necessarily. People do let loose but that pent up aggression is caused by his abuse and marketing to begin with.

People are more objective than you might think they won't bash for the sake of bashing. Frankly, who cares, discussion on the merits of the approach will take place so your statement is a bit flawed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i didn't capture the screenshots, no. i think there were a few members banned today because of their calling-shiv-out tactics. i may or may not know one of them :shady:
    Do they think they have an endless supply of sheep or something? Keep it coming Jason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I don't think that is true necessarily. People do let loose but that pent up aggression is caused by his abuse and marketing to begin with.

People are more objective than you might think they won't bash for the sake of bashing. Frankly, who cares, discussion on the merits of the approach will take place so your statement is a bit flawed.
    Yeah, you're right. Every once in a while the man does spark some interesting technical discussions over here. Even Dzenno has given him props from time to time. But on a topic like this it's just hard to not get hung up on his BS.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Yeah, you're right. Every once in a while the man does spark some interesting technical discussions over here. Even Dzenno has given him props from time to time. But on a topic like this it's just hard to not get hung up on his BS.
    I was saying something different regarding how people respond to him here versus if he has anything of technical merit to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Bryce, for some reason I thought you didn't have an n54 anymore. If you want to combine Cobb and Procede, I can send you some maps to get started. Its better than the procedeflash in my opinion due to flexibility... but for $100 the vishnu flash is a good option to up the fueling base.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Or you can buy a used AP, then get your money back when you're done with it, flash the car yourself and not rely on Vishnu to protect your stock ROM.I consider the AP a funds deposit, not a purchase. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Brothers have seen the light! Same $#@! just don't fly anymore as it used to. Platform is maturing and to me that is a MFW and a half! On to bigger better things Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

IIRC, he's looking to work with someone (PTF? Maybe himself?) to build specific COBB Maps to work with the JB4.
    We're technically a Cobb reseller and licensed "pro tuner". Only, the pro maps we've designed are meant to work in conjunction with the JB4. And we give them away for free. It's a great tool to have in the tool box for fueling beyond the 450-475rw range. And we're just starting to get in to some of the more creative elements of flash adjustment now. Click here to enlarge

Shiv's business model for the mail in flash isn't very viable. It's interesting he is saying it targets OEM load values now, as previously in a dyno results thread he claimed it targeted around 13psi with richer AFRs, which would make more sense. But normally with him the truth is some shade of gray. I'm surprised he has not considered politics. I think he'd be great at it. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Am I the only one who thinks he deserves far more flack for the years and YEARS of talking down on flashes in order to line his pockets only to now admit he needs them?

He's getting off way too easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

He's getting off way too easy.
    That's cause if some1 went & dug up an old Shiv post where he talks $#@! on flash tunes, you'd get banned instantly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

That's cause if some1 went & dug up an old Shiv post where he talks $#@! on flash tunes, you'd get banned instantly
    Not here... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Bimmerboost is like the asylum for those who escaped the matrix lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Bimmerboost is like the asylum for those who escaped the matrix lol.

BB for the Truth

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast