Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

So there are differences to the WGDC between OTS STage 2+ and E30 map? is only the WGDC BASE map that should be modified in case of overshoot?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    So there are differences to the WGDC between OTS STage 2+ and E30 map? is only the WGDC BASE map that should be modified in case of overshoot?
    There are differences there as well as in the adder tables. The 2 guys I've seen with overshoots look like their issues were low enough in the rpm range that the WGDC (Base) should take care of them. The adder tables were changed to carry power out a bit longer. There are only a few cells in the WGDC(Base) that changed between stage 2+ and the E30/Rage Gas maps. They are the 4 cells in the 189 and 200 columns and 2.167 and 2.260 rows. If you paste the Stage 2+ Aggressive table into the E30 map, you'll see the changes.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    There are differences there as well as in the adder tables. The 2 guys I've seen with overshoots look like their issues were low enough in the rpm range that the WGDC (Base) should take care of them. The adder tables were changed to carry power out a bit longer. There are only a few cells in the WGDC(Base) that changed between stage 2+ and the E30/Rage Gas maps. They are the 4 cells in the 189 and 200 columns and 2.167 and 2.260 rows. If you paste the Stage 2+ Aggressive table into the E30 map, you'll see the changes.
    Rage gas maps, your typo seems oddly appropriate. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Hahaha... I used to call my Mk2 VR6 the 'rage car'. Force of habit lol
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Rage gas maps, your typo seems oddly appropriate. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Jason@COBB
    BMW R&D Calibration Guru
    Click here to enlarge
    Website | Forums | Blogs | Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

rage gas is the new e85!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Josh or Jason from Cobb, do you have any thoughts on the 3-4 shift timing corrections referenced earlier in this thread? It kills 4th gear performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two issues for me, I currently am running DCI/Catless DP/Catless Mids/Berk Axleback. How big of a deal is it if I run the E30 map without an upgraded IC? Assuming I don't do anything crazy like track it or what not. Just some fun highway pulls, or maybe even possibly a spirited canyon run. Is it safe or tolerable to run with my current setup?

Second issue is that I live in CA with the terrible ACN91 gas. Can I
    mix my ACN91 with E85 to achieve E30? I have a 135i, which holds approximately 14 gallons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sparkyblue Click here to enlarge
    Two issues for me, I currently am running DCI/Catless DP/Catless Mids/Berk Axleback. How big of a deal is it if I run the E30 map without an upgraded IC? Assuming I don't do anything crazy like track it or what not. Just some fun highway pulls, or maybe even possibly a spirited canyon run. Is it safe or tolerable to run with my current setup?

mix my ACN91 with E85 to achieve E30? I have a 135i, which holds approximately 14 gallons.
    If you have access to ATR and feel comfortable using it, my suggestion to you would be to run closer to E50, increase the fuel scalar on the map a bit in ATR, and log it. Without an intercooler you're going to want the additional ethanol to help combat cylinder temps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sparkyblue Click here to enlarge

I'd think you'd be fine with slightly higher ethanol, as mentioned above. On an otherwise stock setup I'm running 50% ethanol (over 9 gallons of E85) and 93 octane with 0 timing corrections on a similar map. My timing is as high, but I am running richer and with less aggressive boost settings. There is still room. Another angle from which to observe is that Vishnu runs similar timing/boost on a DCI only car and higher ethanol.

Try logging some 3 to 4 shifts at WOT and let us know what you find.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vwgrk1 Click here to enlarge
    Josh or Jason from Cobb, do you have any thoughts on the 3-4 shift timing corrections referenced earlier in this thread? It kills 4th gear performance.
    Bump for views, I know PTF is successfully alleviating the issue, somehow. Any insight?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Jason or Josh, can you help us?
    We have a discussion going on about the timing flatline here:
    http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...obb-cars/page2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    Bump for views, I know PTF is successfully alleviating the issue, somehow. Any insight?
    Hey Guys,

We are aware of the Timing deviation that some of you are seeing. We have been in contact with some of our Pro-Tuners that have a "work around" for it. We are looking into it and attempting to replicate it in house. Hopefully we'll have an update for everyone in the near future. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Jason
    Jason@COBB
    BMW R&D Calibration Guru
    Click here to enlarge
    Website | Forums | Blogs | Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys,

We are aware of the Timing deviation that some of you are seeing. We have been in contact with some of our Pro-Tuners that have a "work around" for it. We are looking into it and attempting to replicate it in house. Hopefully we'll have an update for everyone in the near future. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Jason
    OK, we are patiently waiting and if you need me to perform any specific tests let me know so I can hit the Dyno and 1/4 track!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Your LTFTs and STFTs are fighting each other, but should correct themselves as you put miles on the car (with varying states of driving). As the DME sees that short terms are regularly negative, it will start to work that into the long terms and both will approach zero. Keep an eye on them as they are keeping your actual final trim (STFT and LTFT together) close to zero now, but since they're almost maxed in opposite directions, it would be good to watch them. Make sure your AFR's stay near their request.

As stated, it looks like you're getting some throttle closures due to boost overshoots. You could either modify the WGDC(Main) table to correct these, or try copying the WGDC values from another OTS map (stage 2 for example). Thanks for providing the logs, this is the type of feedback that helps us get the best possible final maps out for release.
    So I changed the wgdc base table to the v301 stage 2+ aggressive tables and did a bunch of logs. I also pulled 1 degree of timing out across the board in the 130-180 load columns. Fuel scalar is set to 1.16. Running a 50/50 blend of 91/e85. Seems to have cleaned up the boost oscillations. I also added HPFP and LPFP actual and requested in all logs except for datalog10. Let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Interesting, but the problem with Cobb tunes, especially their stage 2 beta maps is that the car throws overboost codes when tackling a race course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, but the problem with Cobb tunes, especially their stage 2 beta maps is that the car throws overboost codes when tackling a race course.
    Those maps are not out anymore. The official 402 do not throw overboost codes as the 301.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Those maps are not out anymore. The official 402 do not throw overboost codes as the 301.
    Has this been verified at a race course?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

L
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Has this been verified at a race course?
    Give me 3 weeks. Mine did not overboost with the 401 either on a track.
    did you test the new ones since you go often on a track?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

L
    Give me 3 weeks. Mine did not overboost with the 401 either on a track.
    did you test the new ones since you go often on a track?
    No I didn't. I'm just good old JB+, FMIC, DP's. It was a friend of mine whose car was throwing the overboost codes at the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

No I didn't. I'm just good old JB+, FMIC, DP's. It was a friend of mine whose car was throwing the overboost codes at the track.
    Than tell your friend to load the latest maps....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'm going to try to swing by the station that carries E85 tonight which is conveniently located on my drive home from work. When I fill my tank up from what I consider bone dry (single digits until empty, I know...shame on me) I usually get about 16.2XX gallons in the tank. With that said, 5 gallons of E85 to a full tank of 93 octane should yield a blend of 31% E85 and 69% 93 octane.

Does this sound right to you guys? I will try to post some logs once the adaptions take place.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had problems with overboosting and throttle closure as a result. Going with the WGDC base table, after advice from Cobb, took care of the problem for me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking closer I actually have similar overboosting. arghh..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

is there any issue upping the scalar for 30% E85 in the Stage 2+ aggressive map and add E85 to clean up timing and then when just driving casually sometimes not add any E85 on the ST2+ map but leave the e30 scalar with straight 93 octane?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast