Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone logged to see how much more boost this map carries in higher RPM's? I see they added some additional WGDC Click here to enlarge

I might have to try using this as a meth map.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone logged to see how much more boost this map carries in higher RPM's? I see they added some additional WGDC Click here to enlarge

I might have to try using this as a meth map.
    Here are 2 datalogs from this morning.
    OTS Map and I'm running 50/50% 93/E85 and 100% meth on a FBO 335xi AT.

Due to the timing corrections with this E30 OTS map and the last Stg2 agressive timing maps I need to bring the car into the dealer as I'm pretty sure cyl #1 injector is leaking and coil pack #6 is weak... I also don't understand why the car pulls timing after shifts Click here to enlarge
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge

Due to the timing corrections with this E30 OTS map and the last Stg2 agressive timing maps I need to bring the car into the dealer as I'm pretty sure cyl #1 injector is leaking and coil pack #6 is weak... I also don't understand why the car pulls timing after shifts Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, boost looks a little better. Not that you asked for my opinion, but you may want to either modify the E30 map from Cobb in ATR to reduce the fuel scalar or run the "race" map made for non ethanol - your meth is driving your fuel trims to almost be maxed negative. Not sure if the timing profiles are the same on those maps or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks, boost looks a little better. Not that you asked for my opinion, but you may want to either modify the E30 map from Cobb in ATR to reduce the fuel scalar or run the "race" map made for non ethanol - your meth is driving your fuel trims to almost be maxed negative. Not sure if the timing profiles are the same on those maps or not.
    Yeah I noticed the Neg Fuel trims being high too and haven't had the time yet to figure out why.. I'm going to copy in my load target & WGDC maps from my self tuned map into this e30 map.. I was running 18psi midrange tapering to roughly 14psi by redline.. My WGDC map also helped spool the car up much quicker as wellClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick question regarding the E30 map, a scalar of 1.161 was used. Per the help file, shouldn't this be 1.106? The map I'm referencing is the one for an IKB0S 1M.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snertz Click here to enlarge
    Quick question regarding the E30 map, a scalar of 1.161 was used. Per the help file, shouldn't this be 1.106? The map I'm referencing is the one for an IKB0S 1M.
    how are your trims?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You lucky SOB's have a 2d fuel scalar, so i imagine it will and can be adjusted per load x rpm to really zero the trims out. For the rest of us, we make one adjustment to get the best fuel trim average across load and rpm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The 1M are slightly different beast. The fuel scalar is a populated table, unlike the rest of the N54's. We have set the scalar on the 1M's to correct for E30 over the base calibration. (It is slightly higher) This is why we require logging to assure your car is responding correctly to the fueling changes.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Jason@COBB
    BMW R&D Calibration Guru
    Click here to enlarge
    Website | Forums | Blogs | Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    how are your trims?
    Haven't tried this map yet as my car isn't FBO. Just poking around to see what's different compared to the E85 map I made; My map is setup to run 5gal of E85 (total E37, 14gal tank), and I noticed that they're running a higher scalar for a lower amount of ethanol. The trims when running my map have been ok, <5 across the board, so I'd imagine this would push it into the negative pretty deep Click here to enlarge

You lucky SOB's have a 2d fuel scalar, so i imagine it will and can be adjusted per load x rpm to really zero the trims out. For the rest of us, we make one adjustment to get the best fuel trim average across load and rpm.
    Click here to enlarge it's weird that the OTS E30 map has a scalar of 1.196 for anything under 110 load, thought that needed something like E47 to run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    The 1M are slightly different beast. The fuel scalar is a populated table, unlike the rest of the N54's. We have set the scalar on the 1M's to correct for E30 over the base calibration. (It is slightly higher) This is why we require logging to assure your car is responding correctly to the fueling changes.

Cheers,
    Jason

Gotcha, I'll try out the new scalar value the next time I fill up, thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moodist Click here to enlarge
    I am in the same boat, that's why I am having Jake of PTF come up to Philly for a tuning day.
    Can you PM me the details when Jake will be in town? Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For 91 octane users, would 50/50 sound about right instead of 70/30?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    For 91 octane users, would 50/50 sound about right instead of 70/30?
    probably , try it and log.
    I have done in ATR 2 extra maps, 1 for E35 and 1 for E40 since i have removed taper (constant load 190 because of upped turbos)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    probably , try it and log.
    I have done in ATR 2 extra maps, 1 for E35 and 1 for E40 since i have removed taper (constant load 190 because of upped turbos)
    I'd be curious to know if you see a significant boost change at high rpm by doing that. So far in my ATR experimentation I'm not convinced that changing the target load changes boost the way I thought it would initially.

I'm only on stock turbos at high elevation but when I take a map like Stg1+ and raise the load target I get no extra boost and when I lower it the boost looks the same but the ECU starts acting like there's an overboost issue below 4500rpm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From past maps boost at redline was 15 psi with 190 load
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge

What you experience in cylinder 4, I experience in 1 and 4 after the shift. I don't think it's a hardware issue though as it's been happening since my car was 12k miles old and went in for the HPFP recall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moodist Click here to enlarge
    I am in the same boat, that's why I am having Jake of PTF come up to Philly for a tuning day.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    I'm a Cobb Stage1+ guy...everything but the DPs. I have access to E85 and 93 in Philly. Cobb- how difficult would it be to make an E30 map for us 1+ guys?
    Think Jake will be coming up North soon, really hoping to have him around when I dyno & he's ProTuning you guys. PTF is where it's at tho
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not run straight e85?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From past maps boost at redline was 15 psi with 190 load
    But when you lower the requested load does the boost go down at all? For me 15psi is much less than 190 load. I can request 190 or 160 and get 15psi either way (but not at redline on my turbos at my elevation).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    But when you lower the requested load does the boost go down at all? For me 15psi is much less than 190 load. I can request 190 or 160 and get 15psi either way (but not at redline on my turbos at my elevation).
    Never tried to lower, i only go up in load :-)
    with 135 load at redline (stage2+) i think it runs 12-13 psi redline. I can dig out some logs.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gave the new e30 maps a try last night. I have CA 91 octane piss water so I run a 45% e85 mixture and changed the scalar to 1.186. Car pulls much harder than I remember compared to stage 2+ aggressive but I'm getting boost oscillation's now and never really had them back on the v301 maps. I had been running my jb4 on map 5 for the last 3 months so this is my first time trying a v402 map. Anyways, I sent a log to @jhershorin to see what he thinks. Can't wait to see what this kind of mid range timing and boost will feel like once I get my rb's.
    Last edited by bmw335iguy; 09-01-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've run it for a couple of days but with the scalar bumped up to 1.20 since I already had 50/50 in the tank. I can't tell if it's as fast as my map was...the only major difference was that my timing map was more aggressive at high rpm and theirs is more aggressive in the midrange. But theirs is much smoother. Not sure why. But it's become my base now. Sometimes I think they're not giving us access to everything...I'm curious to see ATP sometime and see what maps it has that ATR does not.

One thing that I did change today was I had put a fair bit of time and effort and testing into my timing correction factor and timing total correction maps, and I've concluded that I like mine better and put them in. But I'm using their fuel map and their timing map with minor changes to reduce knock on shifts. They had already done it for sea level, but I'm at a lower load level at the target boost and needed to pull a bit of timing in a different spot than where they had pulled it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Carl, I agree the new map is so much smoother than the one I had been tweaking, has a lot to do with timing from the spool to the main table in my case. The map notes also mention base logic changes, so maybe there are also changes in the background - whatever it is I'm pumped, it's a GREAT map and is now my baseline with only minor tweaks to the main timing table.

Now, are you saying you have some timing correction table changes that reduce corrections after a shift? I'd love to hear more about this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I've found in my logging is that under my conditions on a shift load drops down to about 80 or a little less when I let off the throttle and then as I start to go full throttle again before the clutch is even engaged I get some knock on OTS maps including the E30 map. This usually occurs as the load is coming back up through the 80-100 range and the rpms are falling as the clutch is hooking up, and is in the 5500 falling to 4500rpm range. I notice that the OTS E30 map pulls timing in that range at a bit higher load in the timing map, and I suspect that's for the same reason but everything is at a higher load level at their elevation. So anyway, I've reduced timing a bit in the 90 load area around 5000rpm.

Another critical thing is the timing pulled to to high CAT. You'll notice they got aggressive and reduced the amount of timing getting pulled under those conditions, pulling none at all through 50C and very little through 60C. I'm doing my testing with a stock IC so I am hitting those temps and I think it needs a bit more pulled in the 50 and 60C ranges.

Another critical thing in the same area is how much gets pulled at different load levels due to high CAT. Check out the Timing Total Cor. (Charge Air Temp) map that the previously discussed factor multiplies into. Notice the hole at 4000rpm and 75 load where they only pull 2 degrees. Some of the shift issues I talked about above were falling exactly into that hole momentarily and where I had been pulling maybe 3+ degrees under load suddenly I was only pulling 1 degree for a moment right as I was getting back into the throttle. I would knock there and then it would take several seconds for the knock to bleed off even though it didn't happen under load.

If there's anything confusing in this I'll post the maps but I'm hoping to have a bit more test time before I do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    What you experience in cylinder 4, I experience in 1 and 4 after the shift. I don't think it's a hardware issue though as it's been happening since my car was 12k miles old and went in for the HPFP recall.

Here are 2 datalogs with 100% E85 and 100% meth with 1.20 scalar.. I was hoping the 100% E85 would help with my Ign Trimming but as you can see it didn't Click here to enlarge s0 we can assume there is something else wrong here..... One thing I did find is if i'm 100% throttle the car woukd run neg timing but if I backed off the throttle a little bit it woukd run the main timing table targets..

What do you think could cause this??
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast