Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    this is crazy, makes one not want to post over there. on a side note, i have kw v2 and have been running them on and off track for 15k miles. no issues thus far, but i can only hope i dont have the issues some of these users have.
    Thanks for sharing your perspective. Since it disagrees with the topic time to ban you. Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    do you have proof of other people getting banned?
    People get banned all the time over there. especially the outspoken ones
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think this is my lucky day, because I was considering buying suspension upgrades. I will wait to see what will happen!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    I think this is my lucky day, because I was considering buying suspension upgrades. I will wait to see what will happen!
    Well, you will only get to "see" it all here Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger on my setup. The KW's do have a disconcerting amount of people with problems. They are easily the most popular solution on BF so that skews things a bit but even as a percent it's a large margin. We had a local member go through a few months worth of back and forth just to get the right parts for his vehicle due to it being escalated to Germany even though it should have been a simple fix. I also ended up talking to one of the shops I respect here and although they are sponsored by KW they were not really satisfied with the products they were using.
    On a side note if you are looking for handling over just an adjustable drop there is a lot of info out there on the KW's not being remotely consistent. I ended up with a single adjustable TC Kline set and highly recommend them, but I think the moral of the story is to do your research outside of BF.

*excellent catch Sticky
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

This is why I try not to promote KWs to my customers...especially for XI users. I prefer to push H&R as Ive had absolutley no issues other than some surface corrosion and the rear shocks finally started to get weak...after 25k miles of driving NYC roads, carrying 4 people at times and rocking 19x10 +22 all around. I dont know if you can get a better final result than that. My customer has a set of KWs on his XI and he promptly blew out the bumpstops..flattened them. And its not even set low! Same thing happened to another guy I know in Jersey. And we dont slam our cars like the Cali guys do.

FK coilovers were no better either. I thought they were good and after 3 separate incidences of them failing (welds on the bottom breaking and the koni insert punching out the bottom, endlink bolts/nuts stripping, general leakage after 1 month of ownership and 90 miles driving), I decided not to carry them anymore either.

The only coilovers I choose to sell is H&R and anything Koni based from HP Autowerks. Harold has been EXTREMELY helpful in helping me set up suspensions to customers exact specs, and you really cant knock the Koni Yellow/Swift Spring coilover conversion except for the price....but you spend it once and you wont have to spend it again. Spring choices are infinite.

The best example of it is Dans E93. Full M3 suspension conversion and Koni Double Adjustable shocks. This will set you back a cool $3000 just for the coilover/shock setup/rear M3 lower camber links....but I cant put it in words how good this suspension feels/handles over the KW/FK setup.

Ive heard some good things about AST coilovers, but Harold says the shocks are valved a bit harsher than Konis are, but you can still pair them up with Swift Springs to taylor it to your liking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    This is why I try not to promote KWs to my customers...especially for XI users. I prefer to push H&R as Ive had absolutley no issues other than some surface corrosion and the rear shocks finally started to get weak...after 25k miles of driving NYC roads, carrying 4 people at times and rocking 19x10 +22 all around. I dont know if you can get a better final result than that. My customer has a set of KWs on his XI and he promptly blew out the bumpstops..flattened them. And its not even set low! Same thing happened to another guy I know in Jersey. And we dont slam our cars like the Cali guys do.

FK coilovers were no better either. I thought they were good and after 3 separate incidences of them failing (welds on the bottom breaking and the koni insert punching out the bottom, endlink bolts/nuts stripping, general leakage after 1 month of ownership and 90 miles driving), I decided not to carry them anymore either.

The only coilovers I choose to sell is H&R and anything Koni based from HP Autowerks. Harold has been EXTREMELY helpful in helping me set up suspensions to customers exact specs, and you really cant knock the Koni Yellow/Swift Spring coilover conversion except for the price....but you spend it once and you wont have to spend it again. Spring choices are infinite.

The best example of it is Dans E93. Full M3 suspension conversion and Koni Double Adjustable shocks. This will set you back a cool $3000 just for the coilover/shock setup/rear M3 lower camber links....but I cant put it in words how good this suspension feels/handles over the KW/FK setup.

Ive heard some good things about AST coilovers, but Harold says the shocks are valved a bit harsher than Konis are, but you can still pair them up with Swift Springs to taylor it to your liking.
    Glad to see an honest opinion from a vendor with experience in this matter.

Also nice to see you care more about getting what is best for customer rather than just selling something to the customer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

This stuff makes me sick. forums are here to help US the customers/users. instead it looks like marketing strategies are taking over. Forums like that dont deserve to be called a forum. It's a vendors site for advertising at this point now.

glad to be here part of BB. we need these types of forums in the VW world cause this happens on vortex all the time.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It's a vendors site for advertising at this point now.
    Exactly, and the sad thing is so many people just don't even see it.

Some people actually fault us for giving the users the voice and defending disgusting practices like what is shown in the first post, unbelievable.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    glad to be here part of BB. we need these types of forums in the VW world cause this happens on vortex all the time.
    If things keeps going the way they are, I'll make sure you get one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I'm with you 100% sticky. this is a REAL forum
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Its sad because 90% of my customer basis and my job thrives because of that site. If this site generated that kind of revenue (easy 4k a month and we are a tiny shop) no doubt i would leave them for good.

But a lot of my customers would follow me wherever i go. The crazy part is that once you stop paying as a vendor, your history and shop thread gets erased for all time....just to make sure you dont get any kind of business whatsoever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is what i rep Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Its sad because 90% of my customer basis and my job thrives because of that site. If this site generated that kind of revenue (easy 4k a month and we are a tiny shop) no doubt i would leave them for good.

But a lot of my customers would follow me wherever i go. The crazy part is that once you stop paying as a vendor, your history and shop thread gets erased for all time....just to make sure you dont get any kind of business whatsoever.
    the you need push this place a bit more. the regional is how that place survives

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    this is what i rep Click here to enlarge
    mine looks JUST like that!! only a better color and the BMS sticker right behind it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nicee cant decide where i want my bms sticker... and i want to black out my aluminum trim, too much work keeping it from spotting and fading

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Bimmerpost / e90post is not a forum for Bmw enthusiasts. It's a forum for the owners, who maximize their profits by controlling the information for the best interest of their paying vendors at the cost of the forum members.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I can't fault you for that, I completely understand. I appreciate that despite this disparity you are helping us grow so that we can minimize it so that other vendors are prepared to do what you are already doing. The thing is, others don't care about respect, honor, or helping, it is just $. I think that separation also encourages people to seek you out when they can.

The crazy part is that once you stop paying as a vendor, your history and shop thread gets erased for all time....just to make sure you dont get any kind of business whatsoever.
    All business, no mutual feeling of respect. So someone who supports for years gets treated like a leper if they miss a payment for whatever reason?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Bimmerpost / e90post is not a forum for Bmw enthusiasts. It's a forum for the owners, who maximize their profits by controlling the information for the best interest of their paying vendors at the cost of the forum members.
    At the cost of the forum members, exactly. So why the hell don't those members see it? Why don't people have principles or morals any more?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    At the cost of the forum members, exactly. So why the hell don't those members see it? Why don't people have principles or morals any more?
    because its a social network to them...a 'facebook' of the bmw world...lets just hang out and rag on each other and not really accomplish anything technical.

Im not saying there isnt anything good to read on there, there is but you have to dig for it....right now theres just a lot of drama on top that you have to sift through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

because its a social network to them...a 'facebook' of the bmw world...lets just hang out and rag on each other and not really accomplish anything technical.

Im not saying there isnt anything good to read on there, there is but you have to dig for it....right now theres just a lot of drama on top that you have to sift through.
    I can't disagree with your assessment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to thank matt for the advice on coilovers! I think alt of us overlook the importance of having a nonbiased dude with experience in the suspension field... Althiugh I just pulled the trigger on Ar DPs, my next will be coilovers and after that oil cooler so I'll need all the real advice I can get.

Thanks! Oh and thank sticky for this forum
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I spoke to KW at SEMA at they said the only issue they had with the coil-overs on BMW's was 1 person running them out of spec. They also said the clubsports were noisy, just the way they are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I spoke to KW at SEMA at they said the only issue they had with the coil-overs on BMW's was 1 person running them out of spec. They also said the clubsports were noisy, just the way they are.
    Hey you went to SEMA? Pics soon I assume and about the KW, I know you spoke to them but I think I am liking H&R's stuff better at this point (pricepoint-wise too!)...
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Pics soon I assume
    Pics will be up tonight, unfortunately I forgot my USB cable at my place and the slot in my laptop doesn't work for memory stick duo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Been researching suspension and decided to pop over here and do a search on KW to see what tha fam had to say and WOW am i ever glad i did.

As some of you know i've been engaged with AA lately and though not doing suspension this time around, if i keep liking them i'd like to give them my future biz but see KW is their house brand, hence the research.

Haven't seen *any* mention of this in any post on them on any other site, nothing but glowing reviews.. thanks for the save Stick!
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    Haven't seen *any* mention of this in any post on them on any other site, nothing but glowing reviews.. thanks for the save Stick!
    No problem, you won't see anything negative as it all disappears.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast