Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I have toyed with the idea many times. Conclusion was that in NA form they are limited to around 500whp which in this day and age is not really that exciting. If I had to choose though it would be in a E30 M3 body which we didn't get in South Africa
    Why did you come to the conclusion that 500 whp is the limit? I would think it's in the 600's.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    524
    Rep Points
    653.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why did you come to the conclusion that 500 whp is the limit? I would think it's in the 600's.

    If VAC did a similar stroker setup as the recently announced 4.6L S65 stroker I can easily see 600+whp

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    If VAC did a similar stroker setup as the recently announced 4.6L S65 stroker I can easily see 600+whp
    Exactly.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why did you come to the conclusion that 500 whp is the limit? I would think it's in the 600's.
    I meant it more in typical bolt on fashion without fancy fuels and opening the motor. Maintaining a decent branch design may also be a challenge considering most potential cars will be narrower. A cool idea would be to fit it to one of the rear mount kit cars.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I meant it more in typical bolt on fashion without fancy fuels and opening the motor. Maintaining a decent branch design may also be a challenge considering most potential cars will be narrower. A cool idea would be to fit it to one of the rear mount kit cars.
    I get your 'easy upgrade' point but the s85 can essentially be on par woth the carrera gt v10. That isn't enough?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I get your 'easy upgrade' point but the s85 can essentially be on par woth the carrera gt v10. That isn't enough?
    We may be spoilt in the horsepower race but it doesn't sound enough to me considering the magnitude of such a project.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    We may be spoilt in the horsepower race but it doesn't sound enough to me considering the magnitude of such a project.
    The gt3 has less power and torque yet is phenomenal. We're too into figures and forget driving dynamics.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •