Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I have toyed with the idea many times. Conclusion was that in NA form they are limited to around 500whp which in this day and age is not really that exciting. If I had to choose though it would be in a E30 M3 body which we didn't get in South Africa
    Why did you come to the conclusion that 500 whp is the limit? I would think it's in the 600's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why did you come to the conclusion that 500 whp is the limit? I would think it's in the 600's.

If VAC did a similar stroker setup as the recently announced 4.6L S65 stroker I can easily see 600+whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    If VAC did a similar stroker setup as the recently announced 4.6L S65 stroker I can easily see 600+whp
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I meant it more in typical bolt on fashion without fancy fuels and opening the motor. Maintaining a decent branch design may also be a challenge considering most potential cars will be narrower. A cool idea would be to fit it to one of the rear mount kit cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I meant it more in typical bolt on fashion without fancy fuels and opening the motor. Maintaining a decent branch design may also be a challenge considering most potential cars will be narrower. A cool idea would be to fit it to one of the rear mount kit cars.
    I get your 'easy upgrade' point but the s85 can essentially be on par woth the carrera gt v10. That isn't enough?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I get your 'easy upgrade' point but the s85 can essentially be on par woth the carrera gt v10. That isn't enough?
    We may be spoilt in the horsepower race but it doesn't sound enough to me considering the magnitude of such a project.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

We may be spoilt in the horsepower race but it doesn't sound enough to me considering the magnitude of such a project.
    The gt3 has less power and torque yet is phenomenal. We're too into figures and forget driving dynamics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12