Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love how they suddenly have room for sponsors now after telling me they didn't...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pathetic to say the least.......I guess you will just have to go and destroy all the bimmerpost cars. Make sure you have the biggest BIMMERBOOST wrap, sticker on the back of your car, so they know where their missery is coming from.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Pathetic to say the least.......I guess you will just have to go and destroy all the bimmerpost cars. Make sure you have the biggest BIMMERBOOST wrap, sticker on the back of your car, so they know where their missery is coming from.
    Haha, most definitely.

I'm not even upset about this any longer. As long as I can participate it's all good, I'll get my name out there my own way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't take this personally Sticky, Shift Sector may simply be choosing to endorse another forum which they have an existing relationship with.

From the sounds of it, the event doesn't have much room to grow physically, so why pursue this. If this was Bimmerfest, I would be a little bit more concerned.....
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't take this personally Sticky, Shift Sector may simply be choosing to endorse another forum which they have an existing relationship with.

From the sounds of it, the event doesn't have much room to grow physically, so why pursue this. If this was Bimmerfest, I would be a little bit more concerned.....
    It really gets me down that I work so hard and others are just malicious when it comes to me or this site. I don't wish anyone ill will but it gets me upset bimmerpost makes things so personal.

Guess I have to just keep my head up and keep grinding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just remember I have a 44' billboard at your disposal!

I am quite sure the have not mentioned what decals a racer can put on his trailer.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Just remember I have a 44' billboard at your disposal!
    That's right Earl, I need to reply to your e-mail. Thanks for the reminder!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Haha, most definitely.

I'm not even upset about this any longer. As long as I can participate it's all good, I'll get my name out there my own way.
    Yessir, I'll be there too man. If you got some BB stickers I'll rock that $#@! everywhere haha. I'll be reppin it too after I rape some cars.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I love how they suddenly have room for sponsors now after telling me they didn't...
    Why do you act so stupid sometimes, yet are sharp on other matters? They SPECIFICALLY told you they don't want you to sponsor due to a conflict with another forum. A dealership is not a forum. Don't act so stupid.

Is your car even going to be at this event? Is even alive?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge

Someone with some sense instead of blind, childish, immature hatred!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Legally, they can't throw you out for having stickers on your car. Anyone who supports BB and is attending should slap a BB sticker on the car. Show enough of a presence and they can't deny it to you in the future.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Legally, they can't throw you out for having stickers on your car. Anyone who supports BB and is attending should slap a BB sticker on the car. Show enough of a presence and they can't deny it to you in the future.
    That's not exactly correct. It's a private event and they can ask anyone they want to leave for whatever reason they decide.

I would recommend a tasteful, easily removed decal/sticker on the car. That way, if they get stupid about it you can simply remove it and not have wasted your time driving there. If your car is done, and as nasty as expected, then people are going to come to you to discuss it and you can tell them all about BimmerBoost. And by acting mature about it all, you won't look like all these immature people who get all obsessed over forum drama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Why do you act so stupid sometimes, yet are sharp on other matters? They SPECIFICALLY told you they don't want you to sponsor due to a conflict with another forum. A dealership is not a forum. Don't act so stupid.
    Oh so you read the e-mails I got regarding them not having any more room for sponsors? Oh I'm sorry Mr. know it all, you don't look stupid or anything now:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shift S3ctor
    Shift-S3ctor reserves the right to pick which sponsors we want to use to fill the limited spots we have and, at this time, those spots have been reserved for other sponsors.
    You were saying?

Cya.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Joe, not running at this event. The runway is 930 feet shorter and in need of repair.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Joe, not running at this event. The runway is 930 feet shorter and in need of repair.
    Really? I was reading where this was supposed to be a better location and runway. So this one is worse!?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is stregnth in numbers, more people need to post about it though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Really? I was reading where this was supposed to be a better location and runway. So this one is worse!?
    The event in feb had a 5930' runway whereas this one is 5000' (unless I got it backwards on my google search). I would rather race the following week in vegas at the streetcar supernationals....I don't know for sure if I can go but that is my aim.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to mention this runway is in the middle of friggin nowhere.

Does anyone know which runway they will be using ? Looks like runway 01/19 is in poor condition:

Runway 12/30
    Dimensions: 5000 x 100 feet
    Surface: Asphalt in Good Condition
    Weight Limits: S-30
    Edge Lighting: Medium Intensity
    Runway 12 Runway 30
    Coordinates: N3610.06' / W12018.01' N369.52' / W12017.24'
    Elevation: 624.8 601.8
    Traffic Pattern: Right
    Runway Heading: 115 Magnetic, 130 True 295 Magnetic, 310 True
    Markings: Basic in good condition. Basic in good condition.
    Glide Slope Indicator P2L (3.00 Glide Path Angle) P2L (3.00 Glide Path Angle)
    REIL: Yes Yes

Runway 01/19
    Dimensions: 2471 x 60 feet
    Surface: Asphalt-Gravel in Poor ConditionRY 01/19 IS IN POOR CONDITION; ASPHALT-GRVL CRACKED IN PLACES WITH SMALL POTHOLES, ROCKS AND LOOSE GRAVEL.
    Weight Limits: S-12 RY 01/19 RESTRICTED BY AIRPORT MGT TO ACFT UNDER 6,000 LBS SINGLE WHEEL.
    Runway 01 Runway 19
    Coordinates: N369.39' / W12017.86' N369.79' / W12017.76'
    Elevation: 606.9 608.0
    Traffic Pattern: Right
    Runway Heading: 357 Magnetic, 012 True 176 Magnetic, 191 True
    Markings: Basic in fair condition. Basic in fair condition.

http://skyvector.com/airport/C80/New...icipal-Airport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Luke - 1/19 is only 2,471 feet so it is doubtful that runway will be used. I will have to find out which runway my guy was referring to with potholes but it is likely some things got combined. At the end of the day if we assume the following (based upon terminal speed of say 180mph which could be doable)

400 feet will be used to get up to speed for the roll on
    2,640 for the 1/2 mile race
    500 reaction to hit the brakes at the top end (just under 2 seconds
    5,000 runway
    1,460 to stop

This is too tight for me as this assumes the run starts at the very beginning of the runway and that we have the entire length at our disposal. If the shutdown area was equal to the run length I think it would be a different story.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that's the case, then please make sure you guys are very careful. I'd be very scared of potholes going at 100+mph, or cracks for that matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good points Earl - I missed that 2471' on 1/19...Either way, going that fast requires really good pavement unless you want damage of some sort. Loose asphalt will for sure get you some rock chips...can't even imagine hitting a pothole at 100+ mph. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    shutdown area less than half the length of run length is absolutely rediculous Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't realize this and am pretty concerned now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The offsetting factor is of course that you don't need to come to a complete stop but I think I will sit on the sidelines as the runoff is just to short for me.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting notes. thanks for the info will think twice about signing up for saturday
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The offsetting factor is of course that you don't need to come to a complete stop but I think I will sit on the sidelines as the runoff is just to short for me.
    Earl just hit me up and we'll got out an party instead of sitting in a lawn chair on the side of busted up runway in the middle of no where Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast