Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. I also have had this code for well over a year by now. The car has always ran strong in my opinion as evidenced by my drag results, but I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new sensor this week as well. Might take it back once more to see if there are any changes made other than what's felt on the butt dyno.
    In my case in particular, it seems the sensor completely failed and was reading 145psi. I've seen other people throw the code, but the requested and actual psi logged was normal. Have you checked to see what your actual fuel psi is showing? I noticed my AFR's were not smooth at all, you can tell the DME is struggling to keep AFR on point.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    In my case in particular, it seems the sensor completely failed and was reading 145psi. I've seen other people throw the code, but the requested and actual psi logged was normal. Have you checked to see what your actual fuel psi is showing? I noticed my AFR's were not smooth at all, you can tell the DME is struggling to keep AFR on point.

Yes, the sensor always reads 145psi as well. My AFR's are a bit wonky, but it doesn't always show this (sometimes it is semi smooth and other times, not so much).

Definitely interested to see how well the car runs after replacing this stupid sensor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have this code as well, have for a while. It makes the morning drive grotesque. I also bought a sensor recently and will be replacing the faulty one. Its interesting to me that certain cars have different combinations of symptoms/severity and can last much longer with the code without "feeling" a difference. When WOT, I haven't misfired yet. I went to the track a month ago and saw good times (for me and my obese n54). Boost seems to get closer to target as the logged run below progresses. Went 12.21 at 115mph full weight with a bad DA, bad driver and this fault code. Although I don't claim to be extremely tuner-savvy, it doesn't appear to be affecting the displayed parameters and only seems to be making light throttle driving an extremely jerky experience. (Any corrections to my misinterpreting this log are welcome, this is the forum to come for learning)
    FWIW, the surging at light throttle got lots worse really soon after I started mixing 5gal E85 with 10gal 91octane. I'll be excited to not loathe my morning drive again.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daily Three Click here to enlarge
    I had the 29F3 code for quite a while before I noticed any symptoms.
    29F3 is the high fuel pressure sensor. 2A29 is the low fuel pressure sensor. 29F3 is sort of like 2AAF. It's easily thrown when there is a small sensor variance, normally during cranking or startup. Generally it does not effect anything and can be ignored.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

EDIT: WHOOOOPS. Didn't realize the subject of this thread changed, lol... I have been running 40-60% mixes for the past 30000 miles with the occasional 91 only fill up when I am away from home. No issues yet, in fact all the issues (codes) I had were there before I bought the car or from playing with beta firmware. I had 2AAF and replaced the sensor got a couple other consistent codes out the way and I have been free of habitual codes since! So long story short, I wouldn't worry about the wear of anything. Also please consider you are getting 75hp for no additional cost. Do you know how much it costs to get 75hp after a tune otherwise? Put that money towards replacing lines if you ever have to in 10 years. On the other forum you will find a lot of FBO people running 91 only who talk $#@! about E85. They are essentially morons and cannot complete a simple calculation.
    Last edited by rudypoochris; 11-30-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    29F3 is the high fuel pressure sensor. 2A29 is the low fuel pressure sensor. 29F3 is sort of like 2AAF. It's easily thrown when there is a small sensor variance, normally during cranking or startup. Generally it does not effect anything and can be ignored.
    Are you positive that 29F3 reflects on the high fuel pressure sensor? Because I have read numerous of times that the code clears whenever someone has replaced their faulty low pressure fuel sensor.

My low pressure fuel sensor came in today, but probably won't be able to replace it until tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

It's been a few years since I poked around with the wiring but fairly sure. Next time I'm in the garage I'll just unplug the high pressure sensor to see what code is thrown.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

for the love of god why the F*#k cant my logs look like the one posted above, stupid fn flat lining FML.. yet i still trap 119mph...

Im going to log my lpfp reading through cobb today i suspect i may have a bad one as well.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Low fuel pressure is output under "OilTemp" on G5 logs.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Correct I did not have any issues for quite a while, however, when I did they started to slowly pile on and led to injector fuel cuts, rough cold starts, stumbles while cruising and in low throttle/rpm situations. Just had to replace the sensor in my case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

So much misinformation on this thread. 29F3 is indeed the low pressure sensor. I know this because I dealt with that code for years until I recently change my LP sensor and the 29F3 code cleared.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    So much misinformation on this thread. 29F3 is indeed the low pressure sensor. I know this because I dealt with that code for years until I recently change my LP sensor and the 29F3 code cleared.
    I can confirm this as well. Today I had my low pressure fuel sensor replaced and my 29F3 no longer appears.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I can confirm this as well. Today I had my low pressure fuel sensor replaced and my 29F3 no longer appears.
    I had this same code. It went away after I plugged my LP sensor back in. lol...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Interesting, IIRC I triggered the 29F3 code once with a high pressure sensor wire loose. Regardless glad you guys got it sorted out.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

fwiw i stepped up my mixture to e50-60 and my lp fuel sensor is trowing the code consistantly now... 29f3.... 35k on the car
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I replaced my sensor last night and the 2AAF and 29F3 codes didn't come back. I did a couple of 3rd gear pulls after installing.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the bottom line with E85, it's safe for our cars or not? My gut after lots of reading is it's ok in small doses, say E35-40.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jnat Click here to enlarge
    What's the bottom line with E85, it's safe for our cars or not? My gut after lots of reading is it's ok in small doses, say E35-40.
    Tons of guys are running it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

It dry rots your fuel lines.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

There haven't been any issues so far that could be pin pointed to blending E85 or even running it straight on these cars yet. However, what has been reported consistently is good times and strong running rides Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I just mixed my first trial of E30 into my 93...Wanted to see what the hell all this talk is about..I understand I wont feel the full extent as running 50/50 but I dont want to change any parts to run E85. For guys running similar mix E30-35, I just be fine right? I will be running 90/10 mix of meth injection also with it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Have we had any reports of n54 issues running it? I feel fine at e30 until I hear otherwise.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I have run 50-60% for about 40000 miles now. Its fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Can we run e30 without having any issues without any back end flash or any type of special mapping for it. I know 50/50 requires it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Can we run e30 without having any issues without any back end flash or any type of special mapping for it. I know 50/50 requires it.
    I run up to 50% summer and up to 60% winter with no back end flash (although I usually target 50% across the board since in winter I will get a fuel mixture code but the trims are fine). Different cars require the flash at different points. Depends on your setup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast