Close

Thread: LOG Evaluating

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

LOG Evaluating

Ok, so attached are some logs from this morning. 30% e85, 70% 93, 80/20 meth, G5 Board + FBO. Last month when I put my G5 board on I got a batch of bad e85 and I was having severe lean issues, idling, etc. I have ran 93/102 through the car for the last month just making sure everything was all good. Today was my first time back on the e85. Everything looks OK to me but I would like some input from the masses. I order a NX kit a couple of days ago, so I'm prepping to run NO2. I won't run NO2 and e85 but I figured if the car was running good now on e85 then, NO2 and race gas should be no issue. Please tell me if you see anything I don't on the logs. The AFR on the VD has a lean spike which scares me a little. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Somebody take a look...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you're going with nitrous I'd recommend getting a Cobb base flash map underneath so you can richen it up nice and fat as well as drop timing below stock depending on how much nitrous you'll be spraying. Of course that'd be on race gas and meth. I've never personally experimented with nitrous on my car but I have pondered, A LOT Click here to enlarge, and read up quite a bit on tuning with it and setups of various systems on some FI engines. With FI and compression on this motor the gains are larger than typical advertised "nozzle hp". General consensus is to drop 2deg of timing for every 50hp gained in nitrous.

Overall looking at your logs I'd try to cleanup those throttle closures a bit and when/if you go nitrous drop that timing and richen it up.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like I'll be buying another Cobb. Should have just kept the last one. LOL That was my plan to start with since I'm going upped turbos this winter. I'll be going with the 35 shot. Now back to this damn WOTBox install....
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh, forgot to mention what i always do, i absolutely hate nitrous lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HAHA, why is it that when runs are done records or not, everyone discounts if it was done on NO2? To me, if you ran 10s it doesn't matter if it was on the juice or not. No one does that for meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    HAHA, why is it that when runs are done records or not, everyone discounts if it was done on NO2? To me, if you ran 10s it doesn't matter if it was on the juice or not. No one does that for meth?
    Meth and nitrous are very different beasts. Meth isn't a power adder on its own but it allows for more power and consistency when added. Nitrous on its own will add power. A lot of people just consider it a cheat as it does add power through its injection but I know what you're saying too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm pretty sure those throttle closures are due to wheelspin. It's hard to keep the kooks planted with 500tq even in 3rd and 4th gear. Nitto 555rs are coming. Just waiting to see if I can sell these Miros and go with the Apexs, if not I'll just put the Nittos on the Miros, I found a place that sells 19" 555r.